Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Study and debate on talking to rabbits

Still Waters

It is the start of the Scottish SPCA's Rabbit Awareness Week and it comes amid research, debate and discussion on the significance of the pets' interaction with humans.

Sam honks.

This has nothing to do with how the little black and white rabbit smells, but the noise he makes when he is happy.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...slands-23005271

Once again, we see a human causal problem;

cause:

"The fact that rabbits are still viewed and perhaps in many cases promoted as a 'cheap and easy child-friendly pet' does little to improve on understanding into the real needs of rabbits."

effect:

"Chief Superintendent Mike Flynn said increasing numbers were being given up by people unable, or unwilling, to give them daily care and attention."

I heard a poor rabbit being attacked one night. I recognized the scream. I ran outside and a big raccoon had killed it.

We have Jack Rabbits...tons of them...sometimes they bounce around in herds of up to a dozen...lately though...not so many...they come and they go...depending on the Coyote population and or the BobCat population. Hawks will snatch up a young one if it can...and the chance arises often.

I wouldn't know what to do with a rabbit as a pet...I am not against rabbits in any way...I just don't understand why one would want to own a rabbit.

Well if you want something that doesn't make sounds, doesn't listen, kicks bedding and crap everywhere, sometimes smells, makes your dog excited yet looks cute when it eats and cleans itself and is funny to watch hop around then a rabbit is for you.

Edited by F3SS
  • Like 2