Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why Do Women Prefer Sleep Over Sex?

Kowalski

Nearly 80 percent of women would rather get a good night's sleep than have sex, the Better Sleep Council has reported.

Why is this? One reason may be that women do not see intimacy as valuable as sleep. Another reason may be that many of us are so sleep deprived that a good night's sleep sounds better than almost anything else. A 2007 study by this same group, found that 72 percent of the women they questioned reported trouble sleeping at least a couple of nights each week.

Most women don't have the problem of too much sleep, it's too little and the quality is poor. Having small children is a guarantee for sleep interruption. When there are babies in the house it's understood that a couple’s sleep will be interrupted.

Read more: http://magazine.foxn...t#ixzz2ZDHQRRUD

I think one thing they fail to mention, is the fact that after a very long day, chasing after the kids, cooking, and cleaning, and work, sex is the last thing on our minds! We're just too tired, and all we want is to get a good night's sleep. But you know men..

:D

Edited by Kowalski
  • Like 5

Read more: http://magazine.foxn...t#ixzz2ZDHQRRUD

I think one thing they fail to mention, is the fact that after a very long day, chasing after the kids, cooking, and cleaning, and work, sex is the last thing on our minds! We're just too tired, and all we want is to get a good night's sleep. But you know men..

:D

So true, and to add, sex is just another chore lol

• Like 2

Women who work full time jobs, have children, do all the housework, and have husbands who won't parent/do housework etc. aren't going to have any energy left for sex. I suspect if it were the male perogative to do all the parenting, cooking, cleaning, shopping etc. we'd see the opposite problem.

• Like 2

Do they? I must have always been dating those 20%.

Dating is a lot different from living with the same person for years... Sex then, is a different ball game..

• Like 3

Must just be older women with careers kids and stuff. As people said they have no energy left lol

The young ones still do :tu:

Dating is a lot different from living with the same person for years... Sex then, is a different ball game..

That's a good point

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 2

Must just be older women with careers kids and stuff. As people said they have no energy left lol

The young ones still do :tu:

A good few older females are more experienced...Been there done it many times, sold the t-shirt lol

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 2

Women who work full time jobs, have children, do all the housework, and have husbands who won't parent/do housework etc. aren't going to have any energy left for sex. I suspect if it were the male perogative to do all the parenting, cooking, cleaning, shopping etc. we'd see the opposite problem.

Ain't that the truth! :yes:

• Like 1

I see, so it's because I would never have a girlfriend/wife who has a full time job and kids do all the parenting, cooking, shopping and whatever. And I can just recommend on that, guys. Oh, the saved energy! :w00t:

I see, so it's because I would never have a girlfriend/wife who has a full time job and kids do all the parenting, cooking, shopping and whatever. And I can just recommend on that, guys. Oh, the saved energy! :w00t:

I'm sorry, but I couldn't understand a single word of that.. ( I'm having one of those days ) ..Can you re-word it?

On the bright side - it's AMAZING the good will and brownie points a guy can earn with a pair of strong hands and a half hour back or leg massage :w00t:

• Like 1

I'm sorry, but I couldn't understand a single word of that.. ( I'm having one of those days ) ..Can you re-word it?

Sure. I guess that the girls I have dated never preferred sleep over sex, because I would never expect them to do all the housework plus taking care of the kids and having a full time job. Whoever does that, doesn't deserve sex anyway.

• Like 5

I think after your married a long time you get treated more as someone sex is expected from than someone you would like to have sex with. Nothing romantic ever gets said or done and it turns into more of another job you have to do.

• Like 2

Sure. I guess that the girls I have dated never preferred sleep over sex

This first part, explains dating...

This second part......

because I would never expect them to do all the housework plus taking care of the kids and having a full time job

Is marriage for many... Some men ( not all ) will expect that and then some... Ever hear the saying - Looking a gift horse in the mouth? ... Generally it means, they expect you to give and give and when you do, they want more..

Whoever does that, doesn't deserve sex anyway.

Well yea, but I beleive if there is no TLC ( tender loving care ) in the relationship, then it makes it harder for us women to want sex more...I preached that a few times to the hubby, he sort of gets it now and see's it works.. TLC doesn't cost a dime...

Speaking of being tired, completely knackered after a long hard days work... I have seen both me and my husband come home after a long day, I would slug it out in the kitchen and he would plank himself down, too tired to move... Come bed time, kids are all fast asleep, he would stagger up stairs, and even though he is beat and ready to sleep, I can still get him to have sex if I wanted, and he will not complain, in fact he loves it...

I have heard of men doing the same thing... The men work non stop all day long, come home, tired, go to bed and once their partners / wives look sex ( at times its a matter of asking your hubby for a back rub and he gets carried away ) ...All of a sudden this burst of energy come out of nowhere, and he is all for sex... Funny thing is though, most of them from what I have heard, sleep like a log afterwards, where we women are still wide awake..!!

So, I came to my own conclusion, its not a long hard days work that can take it out of a man......It's sex..!! And man do they ever snore after it.. **Sigh** lol

But I do get a laugh out of the macho's who will come on and say - "Oh no we men can wait 10 mins and go again"....Yea sure thing, I believe you, thousands wouldn't ... :P

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 1

I think after your married a long time you get treated more as someone sex is expected from than someone you would like to have sex with. Nothing romantic ever gets said or done and it turns into more of another job you have to do.

You know what I have had to tell my husband? If you plan sex, it doesn't always turn out as well as you had thought... I find, if you do it on the spare of the moment, it turns out much better...

Once planned, I found myself wondering when Fraizer was coming on TV or have I set my planner to record Miranda? And that's the last thing your boyfriend or husband wants to hear during sex !! :P

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 1

On the bright side - it's AMAZING the good will and brownie points a guy can earn with a pair of strong hands and a half hour back or leg massage :w00t:

Oh, AMEN to that!!!!!

• Like 1

And, I am one of those for whom sleep and good TV will always outrank sex. And my husband is REALLY good in the sack! I just don't want to be bothered. lol Wow, now I just sound pathetic and lazy. :unsure2:

• Like 2

And, I am one of those for whom sleep and good TV will always outrank sex.

My husband knows not to bother me when I am watching Dr Who..... :yes:

• Like 1

“Sometimes, I just want to watch The Daily Show without him entering me.” - Bridesmaids

• Like 1

well, right now i prefer a good night's sleep to just about anything else possible, but i'm exhausted

still, look at that study. conducted by the better sleep institute? this is all just a plot by "big sleep" to get us to buy more sleep aids and chamomile tea and... uh... mattresses?

I have read a couple comments regarding this, and i can't remember where i read it but giving your partner a massage leads to sex 80% of the time. Get those massage oils out fellas!

Edit: To clarify, the ladies on here mentioned massage, which brought the article to mind.

Edited by Odds
  • Like 1

So true, and to add, sex is just another chore lol

Obviously the man is doing something wrong if its just another chore :whistle:

• Like 1

Obviously the man is doing something wrong if its just another chore :whistle:

Hardly, if he was doing something wrong, we would have had that sorted long ago.

• Like 2

That's right. A woman might prefer a good nights sleep over sex, but in reality they actually opt for the sex - half of the time.

Edited by d e v i c e