Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ohelemapit

Another day, another u-turn:

4 posts in this topic

• Prime Minister had championed setting minimum unit cost price
  • But he faced a Cabinet revolt from senior ministers opposed to the plan
  • Instead selling alcohol priced below the level of duty and VAT will be axed
  • Tory MPs warn u-turn on tackling problem drinking will cost lives

arrow3.gifView: Read more

Its not the price, its the culture people are not responsible for their habbits

2 people like this

If someone wants to drink they will no matter what the cost. Just another example of government trying to control peoples habits and decisions.

2 people like this

I live in Benidorm, a pint of Lager is normally 1 euro, maybe 1.5 euros. Spirits with mixer 2.50. Sure people get drunk and silly (mostly Brits) but the Police are always in evidence and not to be messed with. Their attitude is get as P***ed as you want but the moment you become a problem then you WILL be nicked, and there is no "Reasonable Force" doctrine here. But then everyone coming out here knows that.

On the whole the Stag and Hen parties that come out in their thousands every year have a great time, get noisy, but add terrific colour with their outfits. Be as noisy as you like down in the Square, but in the Urbanizaciones, where the working population live then they (tend) show some respect.

I attended the wedding of my Nephew last weekend in Romsey, Hampshire, had a large Gin and Tonic, and bought a flavoured Cider for my wife and was charged 19.50 GB pounds!! For 2 drinks! I am comfortably well off, but I would never pay that much again

So Cameroon, here is a message, alcoholic beverages are expensive enough, look rather to the Social Fabric of society before telling everyone else that we are not responsible. Definitely ban these aweful white ciders (just a chemical mix), but do not impose regulations on the majority of sensible drinkers who are as remote from Wayne and Waynetta as Chalk is from Cheese..IMO

2 people like this