Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

No notifications when my post is quoted.

d e v i c e

In my 'settings' under 'notification preferences' I have checked "Notify me when someone quotes my post [and I'm not already following]" but I'm not being notified in my display, upper right hand side of web page or by email, which is checked also. I'm only noticing replies to my comments if I randomly go back to the topic and see. But my other notifications are working fine, so it's just this one - which is quite a crucial one.

So, where am I going wrong?

Thank you.

In my 'settings' under 'notification preferences' I have checked "Notify me when someone quotes my post [and I'm not already following]" but I'm not being notified in my display, upper right hand side of web page or by email, which is checked also. I'm only noticing replies to my comments if I randomly go back to the topic and see. But my other notifications are working fine, so it's just this one - which is quite a crucial one.

So, where am I going wrong?

Thank you.

Did you receive a notification about this quote ?

Did you receive a notification about this quote ?

No, Mr Saru. I had to come to the forum to see if there was a reply. But I just received a "like" notification to a recent post I made.

I'm using a Google Chrome browser and Win7 OS, if that's any help. Also, by recommendation, I disabled a bunch of background programs on my comp, a while back, to make it go faster. Not sure if that has something to do with it.

I'm thinking the "and I'm not already following" aspect of the quote notification feature might be the issue here, if you are already following a thread when someone quotes you then you won't receive a notification about the quote. In this thread for instance you are following the thread so you didn't receive a notification when I quoted you.

Try unfollowing this thread ( button at the top right ) and then I'll quote you again and see if you receive a notification for it.

I'm thinking the "and I'm not already following" aspect of the quote notification feature might be the issue here, if you are already following a thread when someone quotes you then you won't receive a notification about the quote. In this thread for instance you are following the thread so you didn't receive a notification when I quoted you.

Try unfollowing this thread ( button at the top right ) and then I'll quote you again and see if you receive a notification for it.

Sounds very promising. Okay, I've unfollowed it.

Sounds very promising. Okay, I've unfollowed it.

I'll see if I can quote myself and get a notification.

I'll see if I can quote myself and get a notification.

I'm not sure that will work, but here's a quote from me to see if it triggers a notice.

I'm not sure that will work, but here's a quote from me to see if it triggers a notice.

It worked Mr Saru. I received your notification. Thanks. :)

So, I just need to unfollow any topics I post on, if I want to receive a notification that I've been quoted. Okay, not a prob.

Thank you again!

Peace be with you.

No problem, it's good that we got to the bottom of it. :)

• Like 1

I never receive notifications for this. Never even knew this feature was implemented. I have only received notifications for PMs and likes

• Like 1

I never receive notifications for this. Never even knew this feature was implemented. I have only received notifications for PMs and likes

You do not have "Notify me when someone quotes my posts (and I'm not already following)" enabled on your notification settings.

• Like 1

And, I just realized something else, I needed to check the box that says "Notification method to use for replies to followed topics". If that isn't checked, then you simply wont be notified.

So, it's a case of checking both "Notification method to use for replies to followed topics" and "Notify me when someone quotes my posts [and I'm not already following]" if you want to be notified when someone quotes any post you make, Mr Saru.

So, thank you.

You do not have "Notify me when someone quotes my posts (and I'm not already following)" enabled on your notification settings.

Ok thanks Saru. Ill check them out.