Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What the heck was that?

Jennifer_P

Every now and then i'll get some activity, things will move out of place, my husbands stuff dog i got him for V-day, i'll hear disembowled voices, and all this stuff always happens at dead time. No other time, however i'll feel presnece when i'm in the shower and alone at night. At first i thought it was his great grandmother, but if so, why watch while i'm in the shower COuld all of this be my imaggination? Am i going crazy? or is our house actually haunted? My mother in law has heard laughing her during dead time as well.

its casper the perverted ghost!

on a serious note it could be anything! from faults in your house to your imagination, or it could be a bonified haunting, but sounds like it would be the haunting of a person and not the home

So if it is a ghost, is it after me?

3 am

Except when i feel a presence. That happens sometimes earlier than dead time, but always at night.

i dont think its exactly after you, if thing is real and not just a mind trick, they usually feed of emotions and stress if your stressed or have been through something trajic recently maybe that can explain it

but its has been known that high levels of stress can cause chemical inbalances in the brain witch can cause minor halucinations and mind tricks

hmmm.....

hmmm......indeed chickita

I think the next time i'm alone, i'll do an evp. Futhermore I've talked to my mother in law about it, and she said the laughing she heard and she said it sounded like her grandmother and that most of the stuff here belonged to Ruby (he grandma). So i'm thinking maybe it is here, and i've really ticked her off lol

There's nothing paranormal about 3am.

its not unusual for paranormal activity to happen at set times, and 3 am has alot of occult folklore to it

SO tell me, when will the world end?

But, i think the deadtime is when the dead is most active, maybe some are spectical about that but in this particlar experience it's always been 3am.

SO tell me, when will the world end?

28 days, 6 hours, 42 minutes and 12 seconds.

heres a link http://en.wikipedia....i/Witching_hour also know as the devils hour, so seems like there is quiet a bit supernatural about it

No. A lot of people believe there is something supernatural about it, give it names like 'the witching hour' etc, but 3am is no more supernatural than 2am or 4am. I'll use the usual skeptics argument... how do ghosts know what time it is? Do they appear an hour earlier during daylight savings time?

• Like 1

28 days, 6 hours, 42 minutes and 12 seconds.

No. A lot of people believe there is something supernatural about it, give it names like 'the witching hour' etc, but 3am is no more supernatural than 2am or 4am. I'll use the usual skeptics argument... how do ghosts know what time it is? Do they appear an hour earlier during daylight savings time?

by you asking the question as to if ghosts know the time, you are implying they exist witch there for would mean that 3 am had supernatural qualities, its a story my dear friend not a post so people can thrash what she has said

and if you know when the world ends and you are sincere about it then you to must believe in the supernatural and there for are trolling your self

and if you know when the world ends and you are sincere about it then you to must believe in the supernatural and there for are trolling your self

It was a quote from a film that my avatar is from.

by you asking the question as to if ghosts know the time, you are implying they exist witch there for would mean that 3 am had supernatural qualities, its a story my dear friend not a post so people can thrash what she has said

It was a rhetorical question. I don't follow your logic... 'ghosts exist therefore 3 am has supernatural qualities'. Why? What about the many stories of ghost sightings during the day?

• Like 1

It was a quote from a film that my avatar is from.

It was a rhetorical question. I don't follow your logic... 'ghosts exist therefore 3 am has supernatural qualities'. Why? What about the many stories of ghost sightings during the day?

im not trying to troll you im just saying there is alot of "supernatural" history around 3 am i to dont fully believe its 100% true, but im not about to bash and say there has never been and never will be again anything strange about 3 am, thats my logic, and im familiar with donnie darko, great film "whats a ****k A*S"

So if it is a ghost, is it after me?

If it were after you, you'd know it by now, and probably wouldn't be asking that question. It's my personal belief that "spirits" are all around us all the time, but usually we're not in the state of mind or awareness necessary to perceive them. And that very few, if any, of these spooks are malevolent or evil in some way, Some spiritual traditions believe we are surrounded by the spirits of our ancestors and/or guides, angels, helpers, all of whom are present to help us. Maybe 3am is significant in that it's a quiet time, our minds are usually still, and because of that our perceptions shift from a normal state of consciousness to a non-ordinary state of conscious, allowing us to perceive things in our environment that have always been there.

I had another experience last night. I was in the shower and heard the door open, my husband sometimes, sneaks in and stands in front of the curtain to scare me, because he knows about the ghost but thinks its my imagination. he doesn't believe in ghost. SO there i am and i hear the door open, and i look and there is a shadow, but it is much shorter than my husband, so thinking he is somehow scrunched down i open the curtain. Nothing is there. i got out and asked if anyone went in there while i was showering, everyone had the same answer "Why would we go in while you're showering" My husband was asleep. I couldn't sleep last night very well, and knowing i had another visit freaks me out. Even though i should expect it.

I'm really not convinced about ghosts.

thx for contributing! :tu: