Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

lap dance tax

danielost

Philli I chargeing a 5% tax on lap dances. Claiming it to be an entertainment tax. I don't know how they will enforce this. I tried to get a link for this but the page as blocked on my end.

That's funny. Maybe they see it as a way to close a place down because no one will pay it. Tax evasion.

• Like 2

That's funny. Maybe they see it as a way to close a place down because no one will pay it. Tax evasion.

Given that it's a cash business in every sense of the word I'm sure cooking the books has long been a staple of strip clubs. I haven't been to one in ten years or maybe more but I know nothing has changed. There is no way to know how much cash these girls get. I remember a lap dance was an automatic twenty dollars but they try and squeeze as much out of you as they can once they're on your lap. No pun intended there, at least not from my experiences. I'm a gentleman.

• Like 1

Given that it's a cash business in every sense of the word I'm sure cooking the books has long been a staple of strip clubs. I haven't been to one in ten years or maybe more but I know nothing has changed. There is no way to know how much cash these girls get. I remember a lap dance was an automatic twenty dollars but they try and squeeze as much out of you as they can once they're on your lap. No pun intended there, at least not from my experiences. I'm a gentleman.

I bet you are! Probably a high tipping one too!

lol

• Like 2

I bet you are! Probably a high tipping one too!

lol

He must be since he used to go to Gentlemens Clubs!! :innocent:

• Like 1

Hahaha so sue me. I was once a 21 year old guy. $20 in the door, 30 naked women and beer. Of course I had to see what all the fuss was about 5 or 6 times. :)

Edited by F3SS
  • Like 4

Hahaha so sue me. I was once a 21 year old guy. $20 in the door, 30 naked women and beer. Of course I had to see what all the fuss was about 5 or 6 times. :)

Just doing your due diligence.

Reminds me of Game of Thrones when Tyrion taxed prostitution.

• Like 1

Just doing your due diligence.

Reminds me of Game of Thrones when Tyrion taxed prostitution.

I only just started season 2, so no spoiling. Drogo should be resurrected and given his own show. That guy was great.

• Like 1

Those lap dancers make a lot of money. I bet they laugh all the way to the bank too...

:D

• Like 1

So there you are with a twenty in your hand for the lady. Standing next to her is the tax man demanding you give him two fifty for the tax.

I misread this topic. When I first started reading it I thought they were going to tax tap dancing... *doh*. Better not give them any ideas, next they'll tax kids on their swing sets for having fun. Or maybe tax you for bicycle riding (hmmmmm...maybe they already do that, I guess it's called a bicycle license tag).

• Like 3

I misread this topic. When I first started reading it I thought they were going to tax tap dancing...

Hey Gum, get your mind in the gutter!

• Like 2

hm .. i know where to put a dollar... but where do you put the nickel tax ?

• Like 1

hm .. i know where to put a dollar... but where do you put the nickel tax ?

in the slot.....?

:-o

• Like 3

:blush: ... like Ma used to say shrooma , "your a caution!"

( i wasn't sure what that meant either)

Edited by lightly
  • Like 1

i wish i had a nickel for every time i'd been thrown out of a strip joint Lightly!

on second thoughts, if i did, i'd probably have been thrown out of a whole lot more.....

:-)

• Like 1

As amusing as the topic might be, at present there's no way to collect or enforce it. In the future they'll be able to tax it when they do away with cash and go all electronic.

Edited by Stardrive
  • Like 1

As amusing as the topic might be, at present there's no way to collect or enforce it. In the future they'll be able to tax it when they do away with cash and go all electronic.

when we go all electronic stardrive, where will you put your credit card??

Oh.

I see.

(but i'm not sure it'll fit....?)

By then shrooma, the dancers will all be androids. So when you want buy a lapdance they just turn around and say "swipe your card please". :):lol:

• Like 2

when we go all electronic stardrive, where will you put your credit card??

Oh.

I see.

(but i'm not sure it'll fit....?)

It will go in your right hand or forehead, so it can't be stolen or lost.

• Like 1

Hey Gum, get your mind in the gutter!

Oh I couldn't do that. I'm as pure as the driven snow. :whistle::innocent:

Which reminds me, anybody wanna buy some real estate on the moon? I got some to sell... fine land, 'cuz nary a weed in sight. (Nor trees nor plants either, but hey, nothing's perfect.)

• Like 1

Which reminds me, anybody wanna buy some real estate on the moon? I got some to sell... fine land, 'cuz nary a weed in sight. (Nor trees nor plants either, but hey, nothing's perfect.)

Ahh but see here's the killer... I LOVE cheese and If I lived on the moon, sigh, there'd be nothing left..

• Like 2

If you provide the tranport.

• Like 1

Ahh but see here's the killer... I LOVE cheese and If I lived on the moon, sigh, there'd be nothing left..

I rather like cheese myself, especially in lasagna! An internet friend sent me some cheese once that tasted a little like peanut butter...I think it was Gjetost or Geitost, something like that. I didn't realize how many cheese there are! (I did a search 'cuz I couldn't remember the name "Gjetost cheese").

Cheesy link (lol):

http://www.nourishinteractive.com/healthy-living/free-nutrition-articles/110-list-cheeses

So many cheeses! Geitost and Gjetost are both listed, what I got was Gjetost, I think Geitost is either an alternate spelling or something very similar because it sounds a lot like what I ate. Well now I guess what I'll have for supper... cheese and beer, yum!

• Like 1

If you provide the tranport.

I guess that's why Auntie May was always telling me as a kid, "you'd better not try to make a living as a con man. You don't have the face for it." :D

I rather like cheese myself, especially in lasagna! An internet friend sent me some cheese once that tasted a little like peanut butter...I think it was Gjetost or Geitost, something like that. I didn't realize how many cheese there are! (I did a search 'cuz I couldn't remember the name "Gjetost cheese").

Cheesy link (lol):

http://www.nourishin...10-list-cheeses

So many cheeses! Geitost and Gjetost are both listed, what I got was Gjetost, I think Geitost is either an alternate spelling or something very similar because it sounds a lot like what I ate. Well now I guess what I'll have for supper... cheese and beer, yum!

Lands, how I do go on. :P

Now I forgot what this thread was about...oh yeah, lap dance tax. Sorry, Mr. OP.