Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mayan tablet reveals secrets of 'snake queen'

Still Waters

A tablet found in a tunnel beneath the main temple of the ancient Mayan city El Perú-Waka’ in northern Guatemala has revealed secrets of what archaeologists describe as a “dark period” in Mayan history.

The intricate hieroglyphics are still being deciphered by archaeologists - and tell the violent story of a 6th-century “snake queen”.

http://uk.news.yahoo...-161019184.html

my wifes tablet has been found! RUN! naww jokes i love my wife lol

• Like 2

A tablet found in a tunnel beneath the main temple of the ancient Mayan city El Perú-Waka’ in northern Guatemala has revealed secrets of what archaeologists describe as a “dark period” in Mayan history.

The intricate hieroglyphics are still being deciphered by archaeologists - and tell the violent story of a 6th-century “snake queen”.

http://uk.news.yahoo...-161019184.html

And the Mayans have a pyramid?

It sounds like the "Snake Queen" was a reptilian.

Ever wonder how Adam & Eve were in the Garden of Eden when suddenly Eve was talking to a serpent/snake?

We have found Pyramids all over the Earth.

China, Bosnia and now Antarctica :yes:

it is indeed facinating

Ever wonder how Adam & Eve were in the Garden of Eden when suddenly Eve was talking to a serpent/snake?

...you're right. How the most basic architectural form could appear is so many different cultures is /totally/ unexplainable. You know what else appears unexplainedly all over the world? Bridges. All different societies cross rivers, lakes and other water. I wonder where that technology came from. Probably aliens.

--Jaylemurph

• Like 5

...you're right. How the most basic architectural form could appear is so many different cultures is /totally/ unexplainable. You know what else appears unexplainedly all over the world? Bridges. All different societies cross rivers, lakes and other water. I wonder where that technology came from. Probably aliens.

--Jaylemurph

your so harsh but i love it, your harsh with truth!

--Jaylemurph

And let's not forget how the aliens probably introduced the wheel to our 'primitive' ancestors...

• Like 2

And let's not forget how the aliens probably introduced the wheel to our 'primitive' ancestors...

or how the aliens levitated the stone slabs for the pyramids to be built in the first place, or how atlantis was said to be an alien nation

--Jaylemurph

Ah good point - pyramids are bridges between the terrestial and the non terrestial hence their 'universal' appeal ?

( non terrestial could be alien or divine to suit personal preference)

• Like 1

And the various contributors/readers to these pages are quite confident that you can supply credible documentation to support the above statement (!). By the way, infantile fantasy games are not, in any manner, to be confused with well-grounded and well-researched data.

Ah good point - pyramids are bridges between the terrestial and the non terrestial hence their 'universal' appeal ?

( non terrestial could be alien or divine to suit personal preference)

That's clever enough that I'm now totally going to say that's what I meant.

--Jaylemurph

• Like 3

QUOTE-

"The tablet dates from AD 564, a time when two royal dynasties were battling for power - centuries before the “collapse” of the Mayan

civilisation, which remains one of the biggest mysteries in archaeology.

Stone tablets carved by the ancient Mayans have been crucial to our

understanding of their civilisation -

and have been discovered in dozens of other Mayan ruins."

[Related: Invisible alien probes "could be in our solar system"]

i had to laugh at the "related" story to the main story.

as if the fringes needed any more fuel to connect pyramids with aliens.....

• Like 1

That's clever enough that I'm now totally going to say that's what I meant.

--Jaylemurph

The origin of the term 'God Almighty' may derive from an ancient Canaanite 'God of the Mountains' and in many places around the world mountains were seen as sacred and dedicated to deities.

The use of the pyramid form as a replica of the mountain may follow from this belief.

But mountains make very good landmarks and if in very ancient times an 'intellgence' wanted to set out a scheme of Landscape Geometry, presumably because they wanted it to be found at some much later date, then it seems highly likely they would use some mountains as landmarks.

This would appear to be the case and mountains are found within geometric alignments of ancient sacred sites.

A good example is Mount Gerizim, the sacred mountain of the Samaritans in the Holy Land, and commented on by Jesus by the way. Its sanctity was the cause of the major dispute between the northern and southern districts of the Holy Land and must originate in very ancient Canaanite knowledge or belief.

The Mayans had many pyramids.

Not this reptilian theory again. Honestly, it's the most absurd, unfounded theory I've ever heard. Even Sitchin was more believable.

No, I haven't wondered how Adam and Eve came to be talking to a snake. But I have often wondered why people take the bible's words for granted.

Yes, we have found pyramids all over the Earth. We have also found roads, bridges, houses... This doesn't mean some alien reptiles, cows, robots, or whatever made them.

• Like 1

Very cool it sounded like she ruled with an iron fist

show me a woman who doesn't CG.....

;-)

because bridges, houses and roads are found all over the world, it seems like they are almost necessary for something.........

For those who havent caught on yet, what is a pyramid necessary for?

what is a pyramid necessary for?

ooh! ooh! i know!! i know!!

landing pads for aliens.

Edited by shrooma
  • Like 1

because bridges, houses and roads are found all over the world, it seems like they are almost necessary for something.........

What's a church necessary for? Or a stone circle?

• Like 1

An awesome backdrop for Daleks, for one:

daleks-egyptians.png

--Jaylemurph

• Like 2

What's a church necessary for? Or a stone circle?

I don't have an answer as why they were necessary, just saying that if its found everywhere there must be a purpose.

EDIT. With churches and stone circles, the similar ones were made by people of the same culture at approxiamately the same time. This is not the same with pyramids, which supposedly were created with no input from any other culture.

Edited by Professor Buzzkill

I don't have an answer as why they were necessary, just saying that if its found everywhere there must be a purpose.

EDIT. With churches and stone circles, the similar ones were made by people of the same culture at approxiamately the same time. This is not the same with pyramids, which supposedly were created with no input from any other culture.

Why does a church usually have a spire or steeple ? To reach for the non-terrestial or divine ?

Can we be sure that there was no connection between locations that produced pyramds; in Mesoamerica the Olmecs certainly look like they could have African origins ?

The peak of Egyptian pyramid building was long before the time of the Olmecs we are told by the experts ?

It's clear from their purpose, whether that be burials, sacrifices, ceremonies, that they were seen as a link to the 'above' or the gods. It's not hard to see that different cultures could come up with a tall building to reach the heavens or to act as a large monument. After all, if all you had to build out of was wood and stone, the pyramid is the easiest way to build a large, tall structure.

--Jaylemurph

As you know, I've often said the same about clothing. How could the unintelligent humans have ever figured that out without our alien friends? Nevermind that the "grays" walk around naked - we all know those guys are pervs.

Especially hats. There's little doubt in my mind that aliens invented hats. For absolute proof, one need look no further than the following pic:

12318_original.jpg

I rest my case.

Harte

• Like 1

Clearly a link to the non-terrestial but taking the Great Pyramid in Egypt was it built just as a tomb ? or does it hold secrets, geometric secrets ?

Many people have thought so, Newton for one, but if he worked out the answer he kept it to himself. An amazing structure that was obviously built to stand the test of time which it has but when will its secrets be revealed ?