Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Conjuring

and-then

I've been a fan of the TV show - Supernatural for a few years now.. Demon possessions, Lucifer and all sorts of crazy things going on.. and not once have I felt any presence or even been possessed.. I've watched - The Exorcist a few times over and still nothing... I guess I don't have the right soul for those so called demons lol

*snip*

Edited by Saru
Removed videos due to copyright

If you watch the following video you won't ever want to be possessed: Part 1.

Part 2.

Seen it on TV before and I hold no beliefs in possessions... Never did even when I was Christian and don't now...

This was a pretty good movie. A few years back, I was way to scared to consider watching a scary movie but I've been getting into them, and I think the thrill somewhat compensates for the lack of sleep.

Some parts of the movie had me freaking out; mostly the part where a girl gets pulled by her legs in her sleep, because a buddy of mine practically jumped out of his seat in fear so it looked like he got pulled by a demon, too. Freaked out everyone sitting around us, too.

• Like 2

If by "based on true events" they mean ghosts making people's bodies fly around in the air then I don't think they are playing with a full deck. I believe there is paranormal phenomenon but all this crap about possession, demons, and telekinesis is a bunch of garbage. It's like those scientists that offered a million dollars for someone to show up and prove they were psychic, and no one came. Cause it's bull****.

Well apparently the current owners of the home are living their own nightmare and it has nothing to do with spooks and ghosties:

http://www.christianpost.com/news/the-conjuring-movie-keeping-houses-inhabitants-up-all-night-101062/

"The Conjuring" kept viewers up at night, but is now causing problems for the home's owner, Norma Sutcliffe and her family. The film, which deals with the supernatural, "true story" of the Perron family, was quite popular but has caused nothing but headaches for the home's current owners.

"We haven't slept in days," Sutcliffe told The Woonsocket Call, "because we wake up at 2:00 in the morning. There are people with flashlights in our yard. People call on the phone and ask 'Is this 'The Conjuring' house?'"

And, oddly enough, just like with the Amityville House, the current owners have had ZERO experiences with the supernatural.

Imagine that.

• Like 2

Well apparently the current owners of the home are living their own nightmare and it has nothing to do with spooks and ghosties:

http://www.christian...l-night-101062/

"The Conjuring" kept viewers up at night, but is now causing problems for the home's owner, Norma Sutcliffe and her family. The film, which deals with the supernatural, "true story" of the Perron family, was quite popular but has caused nothing but headaches for the home's current owners.

"We haven't slept in days," Sutcliffe told The Woonsocket Call, "because we wake up at 2:00 in the morning. There are people with flashlights in our yard. People call on the phone and ask 'Is this 'The Conjuring' house?'"

And, oddly enough, just like with the Amityville House, the current owners have had ZERO experiences with the supernatural.

Imagine that.

They need to sell t-shirts. Profit off this.

I can't watch a horror movie without thinking the boogie man is going to get me.chase me down the hallway in the dark or jump out from behind a door. I stopped doing sayounces when I started hearing voices and seeing flying demons!

Actually they don't ,save the usual ,we put all our money into the house,and can't leave now ,as that's a common reason in these cases.

I watched an interview with one of the women that grew up in the house, she said she gets asked this often 'why stay in the house' but she makes out like its the only place she has ever felt at home but her mother wont go near the place again.

will try and find the interview when i get home in a couple hours..

The trailers don't look that good and movies don't scare me. Maybe just wait for the dvd and watch all alone at night with no lights on and call forth any near by demons who will watch it with me :devil:

As for watching it and having stuff happen to you afterwards, I say that only happens if you want or allow it to. Even if you you have to fool yourself.

I still haven't seen it. I do believe possession and such exists, but that it can be rare.I still don't understand if all this was going on,why not move your family.My parents never would have stayed.My late father had a few paranormal experiences of his own,and sometimes he would tell family ghost stories from Germany.

Don't know about momma in that realm, but they never would have stayed,and I know momma would have grabbed us kids and left.Even if we had to stay in a motel or hotel my family would have been out of that house.That's why I wonder about these so called true stories. Now, I've heard of the Bell Witch.But things in those days were different,they didn't have all the resources for help we have now.

• Like 1

I still haven't seen it. I do believe possession and such exists, but that it can be rare.I still don't understand if all this was going on,why not move your family.My parents never would have stayed.My late father had a few paranormal experiences of his own,and sometimes he would tell family ghost stories from Germany.

Don't know about momma in that realm, but they never would have stayed,and I know momma would have grabbed us kids and left.Even if we had to stay in a motel or hotel my family would have been out of that house.That's why I wonder about these so called true stories. Now, I've heard of the Bell Witch.But things in those days were different,they didn't have all the resources for help we have now.

Many believers in the paranormal would say that even if you pack up and leave, whoever or whatever it is was haunting you all, could easily attach itself to one of you and will be were ever you go.... I have seen people talk about these things on those paranormal TV shows.. I watch these shows brave and often, I don't have to beleive in them, but I do in fact find a lot of them interesting...

• Like 1

Saw it yesterday. The story was well told but they gave it the Hollywood Amityville Horror treatment and toward the end it became more comical than frightening. The first 3/4 of the film were very good.

Lorraine has cameo in the film. Nice touch!

• Like 1

I saw it last night... It was really good...I liked how it all went, one scare after another, and no boring parts to sit through... I also liked the ending..

It's a movie I would watch again...

Lorraine has cameo in the film. Nice touch!

Ahhhh I knew I saw her... I looked at the audience sitting listening to the Warrens lecture, and I thought, hang on, isn't that the real Lorraine? But I dismissed it and carried on watching the movie !!

• Like 1

It's a movie I would watch again...

I'm a fan of understatement I suppose (or least only mildly embellished story telling).

For example, I always thought a film depicting the story of the Amityville Horror as the Lutzes say it happened, would be a much more powerful film than anything Hollywood could gin up. Things can be weird and unsettling, IMO, without necessarily going for the cheap scare.

Then again, if the horror genre already has a small following I suppose a thoughtful film of the genre would have an even smaller following and the purpose of the movie industry is to turn a profit.

Anyway, I will watch it again. I liked it enough for that.

I liked the ending line... "there's a case in Long Island they want us to look at."

I liked the ending line... "there's a case in Long Island they want us to look at."

I liked that too..

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I liked the ending and that people didn't relealize the real Loriane was in the audinace. "Theirs a case in Long Island they want us too look at" xd was priceless. The

I liked the ending and that people didn't relealize the real Loriane was in the audinace. "Theirs a case in Long Island they want us too look at" xd was priceless. The

• Like 1

My reply button got pressed too much ugg.

Another film that starts off well and is creepy but then goes too over the top to be believable. I'd give it a 6/10

• Like 1

I wrote about this story for my blog and some stuff just didn't sit right with me.

A few friends told me this movie was good.. But I haven't decided on whether or not it's worth seeing..

A few friends told me this movie was good.. But I haven't decided on whether or not it's worth seeing..

If you're waffling that much, wait til it's out on DVD.

If you're waffling that much, wait til it's out on DVD.

It might be better to wait at this point.

• 1 month later...

I thought this was a decent enough film, nicely executed. I'm wondering if the sequel that has pretty much been confirmed will be Amityville, but hopefully not because it's be done enough now. Really, enough!

• Like 1

I thought this was a decent enough film, nicely executed. I'm wondering if the sequel that has pretty much been confirmed will be Amityville, but hopefully not because it's be done enough now. Really, enough!

The conjuring was Amityvile horror and no apperntly It will be the Long Island case.......