Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Brain depression molecule discovered

Saru

Scientists have identified the molecule that is believed to be responsible for feelings of depression.

Scientists have used one of the world’s most powerful X-ray machines to identify the molecule responsible for feelings of stress, anxiety and even depression.

arrow3.gifRead more...

Scientists have identified the molecule that is believed to be responsible for feelings of depression.

Depression can literally cripple some people mentaly,so this is a great step forward.

• Like 2

Yeah but I am interested in the long term effect of not being able to feel depression. I'm sure we have the ability for a reason. Very interesting

• Like 1

Sounds better than ECT. I hope they find a way to make what they have discovered work.

Huh. I realize that the suggested treatment modality from this ground-breaking finding is preliminary, and will likely take a few years to develop an appropriate drug to do the "lock"

As an acute anxiety sufferer myself, I have had no joy on numerous antidepressants, and actually have had many bad side-effects.

Because of that, what seems to work for me is mild CNS "sedation", be it through my prescribed benzo's or a good, cold beer. :yes:

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 1

Yeah but I am interested in the long term effect of not being able to feel depression. I'm sure we have the ability for a reason. Very interesting

I think that depression and OCD for instance are literally a malefunction and I am hopeful if it can be efficently managed through a medication that can fix the problem and not only freeze your brain. Not that anxiety and sadness are anormal, but states of overanxiety and oversadness which repeat itself over and over again is a problem. You find yourself out of work and unable to fonction properly in the society. Meditation and other pastime can keep anxiety and sadness at bay but unfortunately in many severe cases it doesn't solve the problem.

Edited by sam_comm
  • Like 1