Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Do you know when you've been googled?

pantodragon

Google Glass. Even the most fervent Borg Collective deniers amongst you, even the dimmest of wits, cannot fail to recognize that the Borg have well and truly arrived with the invention of Google Glass.

Google Glass is used in spectacles to connect the wearer to the internet more intimately than ever before. The glass is basically a computer screen which gives the wearer of said spectacles streaming internet images; commands are given verbally. The glasses do much, much more --- things that are so “freaky” that apparently even google will not admit to them yet. By “freaky” is meant, among other things, the opportunity to spy on both the wearer of the specs and those whom the wearer is looking at, in ways that we would find “challenging” i.e. in ways that we have not been brain-washed into accepting yet.

But this piece isn’t about the spying potential of the miniaturisation of technology, this is about what technology does to your mind.

One of the aspects of the radio programme telling us about this new technology was that it was “balanced”. It didn’t offer an opinion as to whether the technology was good or bad. It left that to proponents and opponents who each got a chance to say their piece. Well! Anyone who DOESN’T think google-specs are bad news, anyone who needs to be presented with a “balanced” argument, is already assimilated into the Borg Collective. If you don’t see anything to be on high-alert about then you are already a machine --- you are no longer human.

And don’t give me that crap about technology saving lives. That’s the con. That’s the hook used to get you to not just accept, but welcome with open arms, this monster into your mind.

Ever seen the film Alien? When Kain, one of the “away-team” investigating an abandoned space ship on an uninhabited planet, becomes infected with one of the aliens, the team return to the shuttle. Quarantine rules are deliberately broken and Kain is taken on board, alien still attached. The excuse to break those rules? Kain might die. (Sound familiar?) And we all know what happened then. When the new alien was “born”, killing Kain, it rampaged through the ship killing all the crew (except Ripley, the only crew who did not want to break the quarantine rules).

The Borg, Alien --- both excellent images for what technology is doing to you.

And just another point about that crap about technology “saving” lives: Have any of you ever stopped to consider that the thing you are so grateful to for saving you is the cause of your ill-health in the first place?

So, you have let this alien creature into your mind. Ash’s last words (Alien) seem appropriate here, when the surviving crew ask his advice about killing the alien:

“I can’t lie to you about your chances……but you have my sympathies.”

• Like 1

Link? First I got have the cash to buy it for them hookup my old wonky brain.