Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Anyone?

Jennifer_P

Anyone got a reasonable explination why a satalite recever would cut on by itsself?

My husband and i cut it off during the night to save electricity. and now everytime i cut it off or he cuts it off it turns right back on.

Could be a faulty connection somewhere or maybe a short.

Thanks!

aliens.nar.jpg

aliens.nar.jpg

YAY! ps who is that?

Anyone got a reasonable explination why a satalite recever would cut on by itsself?

My husband and i cut it off during the night to save electricity. and now everytime i cut it off or he cuts it off it turns right back on.

Oh no you have a poltergeist lol

My husband runs his own Satellite and Aerial business, so I showed your question to him.... He asked the following...

Are you turning it on and off using your remote? ...If so, it's a faulty IR receiver in the satellite box...OR a faulty IR transmitter in the remote.. One way to find out is, try and different remote..

Edited by Beckys_Mom

YAY! ps who is that?

just google "tsoukalos ancient aliens"...or "von däniken lapdog" ;)

Man I have some questions about satellite.

Hmmmmm.....

Ok. Can't resist.

Have a cable running from PVR downstairs. Running upstairs to my tele. Have a splitter going to bedroom tele and sons bedroom tele. Have an eye on my tele which only works if I disconnected the cable from my son's tele. What can I do.

Sorry for the thread jack.

• Like 1

Man I have some questions about satellite.

Hmmmmm.....

Ok. Can't resist.

Have a cable running from PVR downstairs. Running upstairs to my tele. Have a splitter going to bedroom tele and sons bedroom tele. Have an eye on my tele which only works if I disconnected the cable from my son's tele. What can I do.

Sorry for the thread jack.

Replace the splitter with one that is compatible with the eye..

The eye requires a voltage for it to work, and the normal splitter you have, is just splitting the voltage.

You need a splitter that only lets the voltage through one output, here is a link to the kind of splitter you will need... See below..

Click - > http://www.vanjak.co...roduct_id=30252

Hope that helps...

Edited by Beckys_Mom

Thanks so much. Best advice I've had yet.

My husband says you're welcome ..The advice really came from him, he works with those things for a living..

Edited by Beckys_Mom