Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Propaganda and the Mainstream Media

Kowalski

So recently I watched two documentaries, one was called Pyswar and the other one was called State of Mind, both can be accessed on Youtube. I'd post them here, but that might be copyright infringement. But you can view them both in Youtube.

Anyway, both of these films talk about how the Mainstream Media, spins propaganda to us, such as the Iraq War, World War I, Vietnam, etc. You see, most people by nature, are against war, and are you gonna fight or send your children to fight for a war you don't really believe in? No of course not. So this is where the propaganda comes, in. They make it seem like we're fighting to spread democracy through out the world, but in reality, it's only to make the rich people, richer.

Also, another thing that was talked about was how we are enticed by the media to buy materialistic things, such as flat screen TV'S, IPhones, brand name products, because we have to have these products because all our friends have them, and you won't be happy if you don't have this....It's really crazy, the way they can do this!

Another thing that was touched on was how the education system was set up. A good person to look up on this subject is John Taylor Gatto, if your interested. But it talks about the history behind compulsory schooling, which is very interesting, and how it's not about education, but having an authority figure, tell you how to interpret the information you are given. Very eye opening.

But, it really made me think, about the whole Zimmerman trial, and the way the media operates. I mean, is it just me, or does it seem the MSM won't be happy until they have a race war?? I guess that would boost MSNBCs ratings which are in the toilet...

Like this article: http://news.yahoo.co...-112952910.html

Wide Racial Gap in Reaction to Zimmerman Verdict

Never mind, that only 1,480 people were polled.... :rolls eyes:

But anyways, I really, really recommend these documentaries. They are really good....

Edited by Kowalski
  • Like 7

But, it really made me think, about the whole Zimmerman trial, and the way the media operates. I mean, is it just me, or does it seem the MSM won't be happy until they have a race war?? I guess that would boost MSNBCs ratings which are in the toilet...

CNN is no different, and you're not the only one that thinks that way. I thought the same thing the day after the verdict was read. Once the exicitement of the actual verdict being read was over it seemed like the media started throwing little racial twists in all of their headlines that had anything to do with the trial.

The media does what it will to stir the public's attention on purpose to drum up more business for themselves.

Take the case that is going on right now as I type this right here in my hometown. A white man was beaten to death by a 13 black male and a 15 year old black male.

Why is this not all over the national news?

• Like 5

Take the case that is going on right now as I type this right here in my hometown. A white man was beaten to death by a 13 black male and a 15 year old black male.

I think we all know the answer to that. The honest ones around here do, anyway.

• Like 5

I will have watch once I get off of work :tu:

Propoganda was used by Hilter to fuel his side of the war with all his people(s). Once they (Nazi Germany) lost, we had what was known as Project Paperclip, incorporating the top Nazi scientists that worked on all different thangs, to start working for us. I would even go to say we, "America," started putting their system into place with our own. You find examples of it EVERYWHERE, especially within the top news channels. Controlling the media is a great benefit! People in masses are stupid and idiotic.

• Like 6

Leaving aside the fact that it is unlikely that the black males will be getting away with this crime because of 'stand your ground' laws, there is not an issue currently in the US of law enforcement and the justice system treating white suspects and victims unfairly differently or worse than they treat black suspects and victims for mostly identical crimes. Unlike vice-versa.

I will have watch once I get off of work :tu:

Propoganda was used by Hilter to fuel his side of the war with all his people(s). Once they (Nazi Germany) lost, we had what was known as Project Paperclip, incorporating the top Nazi scientists that worked on all different thangs, to start working for us. I would even go to say we, "America," started putting their system into place with our own. You find examples of it EVERYWHERE, especially within the top news channels. Controlling the media is a great benefit! People in masses are stupid and idiotic.

They also talk about Project Paperclip, in the second documentary, State of Mind. Hitler once said, The bigger the lie, the more people will believe it...

CNN is no different, and you're not the only one that thinks that way. I thought the same thing the day after the verdict was read. Once the exicitement of the actual verdict being read was over it seemed like the media started throwing little racial twists in all of their headlines that had anything to do with the trial.

The media does what it will to stir the public's attention on purpose to drum up more business for themselves.

Sadly, I think we all know why....

• Like 2

I think we all know the answer to that. The honest ones around here do, anyway.

Sadly, I think we all know why....

Shhhh, they will call us all racists.

In all seriousness, the case that I mentioned; The 13 & 15 year old 'children' will more than likely walk free due to the fact that they were 'just playing a game called knockout'. They definitely were not 'standing any ground' by any means. If you look up 'Polar Bear Hunting' you will see what I mean.

In my eyes these kids should be charged with a racial hate crime.

Even if they do get convicted, they can't be held any longer than 18 years of age and then when they are released, their records are permanantly sealed.

The ironic twist to that whole case though, is that the old man they killed was a registered sex offender, but they didn't know that at the time. They just picked a random 'polar bear' to hunt.

• Like 3

Shhhh, they will call us all racists.

In all seriousness, the case that I mentioned; The 13 & 15 year old 'children' will more than likely walk free due to the fact that they were 'just playing a game called knockout'. They definitely were not 'standing any ground' by any means. If you look up 'Polar Bear Hunting' you will see what I mean.

In my eyes these kids should be charged with a racial hate crime.

Even if they do get convicted, they can't be held any longer than 18 years of age and then when they are released, their records are permanantly sealed.

The ironic twist to that whole case though, is that the old man they killed was a registered sex offender, but they didn't know that at the time. They just picked a random 'polar bear' to hunt.

Yeah, I looked up the "polar bear hunting" and that is just sick.... :no:

I don't want this to become a Zimmerman thread, but look around, even here on the forum boards, and you can see how the media has divided people on this issue. It's incredible the type of power they hold. People think because they heard this on whatever TV station, and then go around believing it without checking the facts! It's crazy!

I'm just so tired, of the dividing tactics they use such as abortion, and race. They divide us on social issues, because they know if we all got together, and put aside our differences, and demanded change from the government, all hell would break lose. Malcolm X and Martin Luther King Jr knew this. That's why the government killed them. Ever notice how all the people who want us to live in harmony together, are the one's who get whacked by the government?

Edited by Kowalski
  • Like 4

Yeah, I looked up the "polar bear hunting" and that is just sick.... :no:

I don't want this to become a Zimmerman thread, but look around, even here on the forum boards, and you can see how the media has divided people on this issue. It's incredible the type of power they hold. People think because they heard this on whatever TV station, and then go around believing it without checking the facts! It's crazy!

I'm just so tired, of the dividing tactics they use such as abortion, and race. They divide us on social issues, because they know if we all got together, and put aside our differences, and demanded change from the government, all hell would break lose. Malcolm X and Martin Luther King Jr knew this.

Yes, it is sick...and the media calls it a "game" not a hate crime, which it clearly is.

People talk about how racist the South is, but we live in a very diverse neighborhood and have a business in a "bad " part of town, but we treat all people with respect and receive it in kind. We do know a few racists, of all colors, and I have made it clear to them that that attitude isn't welcome in my house. When we get them all together for parties they seem to always find something in common and they aren't so different after all.

It's become a joke among our friends that you never know what kind of person you are going to meet at our house, regardless of color, sexual orientation, ethnicity or religion. And ya know what...I love it!!! It's really opened some eyes and believe me, that is very difficult with some people...especially the ones over 50 or 60 years old that are set in their ways.

If people could let go of preconceived ideas we would all be better off.

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 2

Yes, it is sick...and the media calls it a "game" not a hate crime, which it clearly is.

People talk about how racist the South is, but we live in a very diverse neighborhood and have a business in a "bad " part of town, but we treat all people with respect and receive it in kind. We do know a few racists, of all colors, and I have made it clear to them that that attitude isn't welcome in my house. When we get them all together, for parties at our house, they seem to always find something in common and they aren't so different after all.

It's become a joke among our friends that you never know what kind of person you are going to meet at our house, regardless of color, sexual orientation, ethnicity or religion. And ya know what...I love it!!! It's really opened some eyes and believe me, that is very difficult with some people...especially the ones over 50 or 60 years old that are set in their ways.

If people could let go of preconceived ideas we would all be better off.

That is so very true. :tu:

I judge people by the content of their character, not the color of their skin. I'm really sick of the media making everything about race. It's stupid and inflammatory.

• Like 3

I don't so much look at it as propaganda so much as "You asked for it", because the news just like any other TV show is the way it is because of ratings. The way the news is structured is very much dictated on focus groups and what people want to see. It's easy to sit back and say what we see on the news is coming from some larger conspiracy but I think the ugly truth is, we see what we want to see because it's what we wanted. The public at large seems to want to hear all the gory details of one case or another, the public at large likes "infotainment" where the news apparently tells us what to think, what celebrity to like or dislike etc.

I don't so much look at it as propaganda so much as "You asked for it", because the news just like any other TV show is the way it is because of ratings. The way the news is structured is very much dictated on focus groups and what people want to see. It's easy to sit back and say what we see on the news is coming from some larger conspiracy but I think the ugly truth is, we see what we want to see because it's what we wanted. The public at large seems to want to hear all the gory details of one case or another, the public at large likes "infotainment" where the news apparently tells us what to think, what celebrity to like or dislike etc.

Great post.

People who watch the news rarely pay attention when a man saves a dog.

Yet keep their eyes glued when a multiple car accident results in several deaths.

As they say in the industry, "bad news" tends to lead to better ratings.

• Like 1

Leaving aside the fact that it is unlikely that the black males will be getting away with this crime because of 'stand your ground' laws, there is not an issue currently in the US of law enforcement and the justice system treating white suspects and victims unfairly differently or worse than they treat black suspects and victims for mostly identical crimes. Unlike vice-versa.

That may be true in the justice system. Not so much in the media.

• Like 2

I'm just so tired, of the dividing tactics they use such as abortion, and race. They divide us on social issues, because they know if we all got together, and put aside our differences, and demanded change from the government, all hell would break lose. Malcolm X and Martin Luther King Jr knew this. That's why the government killed them. Ever notice how all the people who want us to live in harmony together, are the one's who get whacked by the government?

You just got dangerously close to the truth. Martin Luther King Jr. was murdered after he added the economy and the war to his civil rights campaign. He planned a movement to address the issues of impoverished people of all races, which likely was a fatal "mistake". Malcolm X was murdered after he put his racist beliefs behind him.

What would happen if Black and White, Left and Right, male and female, gay and straight, etc. put certain issues behind us in order to focus on the biggest challenge that faces us? That challenge is the continuing loss of freedom in America (not "the Homeland"). We're divided and distracted while our Constitutional rights disappear. Let's put out the fire before we redecorate the house.

• Like 3

Excellent post, Detective Mystery! :tu:

Thanks, Babe (I'm not flirting with you). Now, I have to contend with that white van parked in front of our house.

• Like 2

It's sad how millions of Americans follow and believe the main stream medias bull.

• Like 3

It's sad how millions of Americans follow and believe the main stream medias bull.

They've been conditioned to do just that for decades now, especially since the advent of the Boob Toob. So part of it is just conditioned behavior, and until the fairly recent rise of the alternate media, there was no other choice.

• Like 2

Back in 1983, approximately 50 corporations controlled the vast majority of all news media in the United States. Today, ownership of the news media has been concentrated in the hands of just six incredibly powerful media corporations. These corporate behemoths control most of what we watch, hear and read every single day. They own television networks, cable channels, movie studios, newspapers, magazines, publishing houses, music labels and even many of our favorite websites. Sadly, most Americans don't even stop to think about who is feeding them the endless hours of news and entertainment that they constantly ingest. Most Americans don't really seem to care about who owns the media. But they should. The truth is that each of us is deeply influenced by the messages that are constantly being pounded into our heads by the mainstream media. The average American watches 153 hours of television a month. In fact, most Americans begin to feel physically uncomfortable if they go too long without watching or listening to something. Sadly, most Americans have become absolutely addicted to news and entertainment and the ownership of all that news and entertainment that we crave is being concentrated in fewer and fewer hands each year.

The six corporations that collectively control U.S. media today are Time Warner, Walt Disney, Viacom, Rupert Murdoch's News Corp., CBS Corporation and NBC Universal. Together, the "big six" absolutely dominate news and entertainment in the United States. But even those areas of the media that the "big six" do not completely control are becoming increasingly concentrated. For example, Clear Channel now owns over 1000 radio stations across the United States. Companies like Google, Yahoo and Microsoft are increasingly dominating the Internet.

But it is the "big six" that are the biggest concerns. When you control what Americans watch, hear and read you gain a great deal of control over what they think. They don't call it "programming" for nothing.

Back in 1983 it was bad enough that about 50 corporations dominated U.S. media. But since that time, power over the media has rapidly become concentrated in the hands of fewer and fewer people....

In 1983, fifty corporations dominated most of every mass medium and the biggest media merger in history was a $340 million deal. … n 1987, the fifty companies had shrunk to twenty-nine. … n 1990, the twenty-nine had shrunk to twenty three. … n 1997, the biggest firms numbered ten and involved the $19 billion Disney-ABC deal, at the time the biggest media merger ever. … [in 2000] AOL Time Warner’s $350 billion merged corporation [was] more than 1,000 times larger [than the biggest deal of 1983].

~ Ben H. Bagdikian, The Media Monopoly, Sixth Edition, (Beacon Press, 2000), pp. xx–xxi

Link: http://archive.lewro...-the-media.html

These gigantic media corporations do not exist to objectively tell the truth to the American people. Rather, the primary purpose of their existence is to make money.

These gigantic media corporations are not going to do anything to threaten their relationships with their biggest advertisers (such as the largest pharmaceutical companies that literally spend billions on advertising), and one way or another these gigantic media corporations are always going to express the ideological viewpoints of their owners.

Fortunately, an increasing number of Americans are starting to wake up and are realizing that the mainstream media should not be trusted.According to a new poll just released by Gallup, the number of Americans that have little to no trust in the mainstream media (57%) is at an all-time high.

That is one reason why we have seen the alternative media experience such rapid growth over the past few years. The mainstream media has been losing credibility at a staggering rate, and Americans are starting to look elsewhere for the truth about what is really going on.

mainstream-media-blind-bias-peoples-cube-sad-hill-news.jpeg

Edited by Kowalski
  • Like 2

glenn-foden-businessandmediaorg-media-bias.jpg Edited by Kowalski
  • Like 4

I figured out during the Vietnam conflict that we were being manipulated through the media. Now the television in my living room is only used for a few programs on PBS; the old Britcoms, and I do watch Lawrence Welk. Other than that, I use the telly for its DVD player feature and watch old movies. There is no such thing as "the news" when most of what you watch is so slanted as to be downright obvious propaganda.

• Like 3

Kowalski

Some poster will come along and say that there is no meaning or significance at all to the fact that all the major media is controlled by just 6 media corps. Nope, doesn't mean a thing, and anybody that suggests otherwise is just a paranoid fool.

Moonshadow might very well be the most sane person amongst us because she doesn't have her daily dose of government propaganda. :tu:

• Like 2

I figured out during the Vietnam conflict that we were being manipulated through the media. Now the television in my living room is only used for a few programs on PBS; the old Britcoms, and I do watch Lawrence Welk. Other than that, I use the telly for its DVD player feature and watch old movies. There is no such thing as "the news" when most of what you watch is so slanted as to be downright obvious propaganda.

I wish more people would do that....

Moonshadow might very well be the most sane person amongst us because she doesn't have her daily dose of government propaganda. :tu:

LOL, most likely! :)

• Like 1

There is no such thing as "the news" when most of what you watch is so slanted as to be downright obvious propaganda.

We have a choice. We can watch leftwing propaganda or rightwing propaganda. ;) They're two wings on the same turkey. For instance, what mainstream news outlet questioned the Iraq War(s)?

• Like 1

We have a choice. We can watch leftwing propaganda or rightwing propaganda. ;) They're two wings on the same turkey. For instance, what mainstream news outlet questioned the Iraq War(s)?

Good question. The answer is obviously .. none. Today's "news" outlets don't question anything.. they sort of copy and paste press releases from official and usually unnamed sources.

As Kowalski's posts show... "news" outlets are money making businesses. .. not public services . They tend to play up the more sensational, provocative,and emotionally charged aspects of whatever "news' they distribute . They are acting as cheerleaders , advancing whatever ill conceived policies are at play.

• Like 3