Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Scary Poltergeist Ghost Video! Real or fake?

LostSouls7

I am not sure if this video is real but it looks scary to me. I was up late watching spooky youtube videos. And I came across this video. Tell me what you think! I think it's real. But I am sure a lot of you will try to explain why it's fake. Well if it's fake.. how did they pull it off? I say it's ghosts :)

enjoy

First of all, its to accurate to be real and it seems to be in sequence, note the table mats, if they were paranormal they would fly off and not drop off as if a magnet was in place

Edited by The New Richard Nixon

I am not sure if this video is real but it looks scary to me. I was up late watching spooky youtube videos. And I came across this video. Tell me what you think! I think it's real. But I am sure a lot of you will try to explain why it's fake. Well if it's fake.. how did they pull it off? I say it's ghosts :)

enjoy

[media=]

[/media]

These things a dime a dozen on You Tube.

How'd they pull it off? Easy, just have a basic knowledge of movie special effects, spend a couple days planning, and then several hours setting up the room ahead of time.

• Like 1

I've no idea how he might have faked but it's suspicious that the most physical events (flying plates and glasses, the chair on the right being flung up at the end) all come from hidden places, either off camera of from cupboards and locations where they can't be seen before they're flung out.

Also, I want to know where he buys his plates and glasses from. They all hit the floor and table with sound that clearly indicates they're not plastic but actual crockery or glass but nothing smashes. Look at the 2 wine glasses that fall out of the cupboard at 0:39 and hit the countertop on the way down and the glass gets flung out of the cupboard and hits the table at 0:59. Have you ever seen a wine glass hit a solid surface with that kind of force and not shatter into tiny pieces? It bounces off as if it was plastic. Which I suspect it was and the sound effects were dubbed in later.

This doesn't appear to be anywhere in the video for me, but it's the preview image for the YouTube video being shown for me (sometimes for some reason other times just a frame from the video appears). It appears to be a photo taken of the aftermath of the poltergeist. Perhaps it's an image the user chose for the preview image and isn't part of the video? I don't know how YouTube uploads work so I can't explain it. Anyway, there's six plates visible and not one is broken. That just reaffirms my opinion that it was staged with plastic plates and glasses and the sound was dubbed in afterward. Not a single broken plate or glass? Curious.

gd3v.png

Edited by JesseCuster

mellowb1rd is quite the hoaxer, his videos are fake. Just google up mellowb1rd debunk and start looking through what comes up to find out whichever effect you want to know more about :)

• Like 2

I saw this a while back, I think there's so many things happening in quick succession, when you hear of poltergeist activity, it's largely infrequent occurrences where one or two pieces of furniture/items are thrown or dropped or swiped out of view etc. Very rare you get intense and vivid acts like that in a short frame of time. I have no idea how the guy would've done it but Hollywood can make anything believable so I wouldn't put is passed folks being able to throw a couple oranges or yank a few things in hidden sight. We also have the flipside where if a legitimate act was caught on tape, there'd be a thousand theories too and rightly so. It's just difficult to ascertain the authenticity of media if one is not there to inspect every piece of the room and intentions of the owner etc.

And on Jesse's point about the items not smashing, it could be an indicator of multiple takes, which is certainly not out of the question judging by the utter complexity with which such a video would need to get the impressive buzz going around youtube...

Edited by DancingCorpse

I doubt that's even a real kitchen.

Edit: rashore has it!

Edited by FLOMBIE

How come the p***ed off ghosts in these videos ( there are a lot of them ) never throw the camera ?

Hint to the next guy making one of these......Throw the camera.....

• Like 3

It could be made into one of those found footage charades, the uploader could protest that they hadn't heard from their friend in weeks (add ... after each sentence in white writing with a black background), explain how the- actually, don't bother stating if you broke down the door with a wooden log or smashed the windows, perhaps the alleged poltergeist/demon/banshee had smashed all of the windows already, yes that's a good plan!

Anyway, the uploader wandered into the house with all the broken glass crunching malevolently under their feet... and discovered the camera stubbornly askew amidst unruly oranges and a pool of cutlery.

No strings attached. No body was ever found. No they didn't get assaulted by the thing either, that would take another video. Maybe soon. For some bizarre reason the concerned friend was filiming his entry. There ya go, sequel coming right at you. Keep checking back folks. They took the camera and immediately uploaded it to youtube, the friend was no priority anyway. Evidence.

A million hits is the cost of friendship. Disable comments, state that The Investigation Is Ongoing and reep the benefits. We are in the entertainment age, 'based on a true story' and mysteriously unharmed cameras are the new religion :unsure2:

Edited by DancingCorpse

lol the fact that he has a bunch of knowledge in video effects should say something...

haha reverse psychology much?

[media=]

[/media]

Edited by AlienDan

mellowb1rd is quite the hoaxer, his videos are fake. Just google up mellowb1rd debunk and start looking through what comes up to find out whichever effect you want to know more about :)

Oh so this guy is a prankster!

Oh well I should have known! lol

That was very informative, thanks for posting.

I always wondered how normal people did it if they didn't have an studio.

Btw I remember watching a video where the 'ghost' hit the camera and it fell down, though it didn't break or anything.

• Like 1

Vyers, I gave you a like just for your awesome avatar :)

Edited by phantasia

*bows down*

Why, thank you!

I googled for a bit, but I couldn't really find debunk videos specifically about his channel. Most of the stuff were comments against the man and such. I'll be googling for how to make each special effect separately, as suggested.