Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

NASA investigating warp drive

Saru

Researchers at NASA are working on developing a real-world counterpart to Star Trek's warp drive.

NASA physicist and engineer Dr. Harold G. White, 43, believes it is possible to bend the rules of time and space that Albert Einstein constructed when he postulated that it is impossible to exceed the speed of light.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Like 3

I don't see where light is the 'fastest'. If it was, why couldn't it escape a black hole? The 'gravitional' forces of the black hole would appear to be faster to be able to 'capture' light. Interesting......

I don't see where light is the 'fastest'. If it was, why couldn't it escape a black hole? The 'gravitional' forces of the black hole would appear to be faster to be able to 'capture' light.

not faster Kwin, but stronger.....

lol I was just reading an article about this. The "warp donut"

They are slowly letting the cat out of the bag.

Exactly - it all started with Roddenberry (known NSA covert agent).

• Like 2

So, the DOD is going to bring this to the forefront? I doubt it. Anything NASA has or does is snatched up by the DOD, for national security reasons of course lol. If warp drive does make it to the public, in the next thirty years or so, rest assure that it has been used in black programs for the past thirty years then. For people to think that NASA will invent warp drive in real time, and just hand it over, is insanity.

• Like 4

So, the DOD is going to bring this to the forefront? I doubt it. Anything NASA has or does is snatched up by the DOD, for national security reasons of course lol. If warp drive does make it to the public, in the next thirty years or so, rest assure that it has been used in black programs for the past thirty years then. For people to think that NASA will invent warp drive in real time, and just hand it over, is insanity.

Yes that's right..... but be prepared for a verbal bashing. The flat earth society on here will soon be responding.

It is not really travelling faster than the speed of light.

Warp speed as it says means warping or bending time and space. This essentially brings the point to you rather than travelling to it.

Yes that's right..... but be prepared for a verbal bashing. The flat earth society on here will soon be responding.

oh.., i think they're already here.....

• Like 1

Isn't it old news? I remember I've already read something about warp bubbles and Dr. White months ago here on UM.

Anyway, it would be great if they'd be able to achieve some results.

I agree with you, I read Tesla papers along this line of travel mentioned as a craft which did not travel but manged to stay stationary as in a "bubble" during the regular movement of time and space, but how to project accurately to the end point and return was most perplexing in theory, and the vehicle would appear as being teleported if done within the magnetic fields of earth. Point is this is not a new theory. How it's been experimented since the theories lie within black programs for sure IMO.

Isn't it old news? I remember I've already read something about warp bubbles and Dr. White months ago here on UM.

There was this from April: Warp Factor

And this from May: Warp speed, Scotty?...

• Like 1

If by that you mean we have reverse engineer alien tech, anything is possible, but man in not entirely dim either, present world circumstances not-with-standing. We have made it to the moon, our probes have left the solar system (more or less), we are working on matter transporting (on a minute scale so far) and invisibility. We have invented cars, planes, rockets, robots, LASERs, surgery, split the atom, built the Pyramids, the Eiffel Tower, Golden Gate Bridge and the Space Shuttle. If warp-drive is possible we might just build that too. Sometimes the simplest answer is the most logical, earthling.

• Like 1

I don't see where light is the 'fastest'. If it was, why couldn't it escape a black hole? The 'gravitional' forces of the black hole would appear to be faster to be able to 'capture' light. Interesting......

dark speed...? faster than darkness, Dont know if it sounds as good..

We can't even get human beings to Mars, and now they think warp drive is possible

• Like 1

We can't even get human beings to Mars, and now they think warp drive is possible

Yep, and that sort of thinking has been around for hundreds of years. Remember, they kept saying if you sailed over the horizon, you would fall off the earth.

That's why NASA still uses rockets. :rolleyes:

Second star to the right, and straight on till morning.

I agree with you, I read Tesla papers along this line of travel mentioned as a craft which did not travel but manged to stay stationary as in a "bubble" during the regular movement of time and space, but how to project accurately to the end point and return was most perplexing in theory, and the vehicle would appear as being teleported if done within the magnetic fields of earth. Point is this is not a new theory. How it's been experimented since the theories lie within black programs for sure IMO.

If you remember, Scotty was able to beam a person from one ship in warp to another once he determined that Space was moving, not the ship.

• Like 1

We can get someone to Mars. If the Rover can land, so can a LEM or would that be a MEM? It would just take a long time.

We can get someone to Mars. If the Rover can land, so can a LEM or would that be a MEM? It would just take a long time.

The technique used to land the early rovers (Sojourner, Spirit and Opportunity) was a combination of parachutes and air bags which could not be scaled up to be useful on a vehicle even the size of Curiosity.

The skycrane method used by Curiosity would almost certainly not scale up to a vehicle large enough to contain a crew.

We have never returned a vehicle to space from the Martian surface, something that will be necessary unless the astronauts are going on a one way trip.

Last but no means least, rovers do not contract radiation sickness or cancer.

Given these factors skookum is correct, at the moment we can't a crew to Mars.

Edited by Waspie_Dwarf

"Scotty, power down the warp engines and keep the nose up"