Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stevemagegod

Electronic Fields

5 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Sometimes when i send or receive a text message i feel as if i can feel the text being sent or received as my hand gets charged with electricity. For example before i receive a text message i will feel my hand become charged with electricity and then my phone will vibrate indicting that i have a new text(if my phone is still in my hand that is). This has happened to me more than once. My phone isn't a smart phone but one of those old flip phones that aren't nothing special. So i can't prove or disprove on any other phones other than my own. Has anyone else ever experienced this before? It's like a tingling electricity sensation you get in your hands before you receive a text message.

Edited by stevemagegod

I have never heard of that before; weird. How long does it last? Have you ever tried to experiment with a different phone?

I have never heard of that before; weird. How long does it last? Have you ever tried to experiment with a different phone?

It usually lasts about 5 seconds before it goes away if and only if i am holding the phone currently. I have felt the same sensation with my parents phones as well and it lasts the same duration.

I don't think it matters much whether you are using a smart phone or not, but I do think it matters who your service provider is.

For example; every time I get or send a text while sitting next to some computer speakers (turned on, but not playing music), the speakers will start emitting a periodic burst of static. Basically the speaker cable is acting as an antenna, and the speakers are amplifying the signal and turning it into sound. But my co-workers with different service provides don't experience this (I guess their provider uses a slightly different frequency and amplitude, so it doesn't resonate with speaker cables as well).

For fun, try dipping your hand in salt water before receiving a text, or wrapping your hand in tin foil, to see if the feeling is intensified or reduced.

1 person likes this

You know i just got off my landline, and as i was talking to my friend i noticed that my hand(the one that i was using to hold the phone with) was getting really charged with electricity. It was the same sensation with text messaging and stuff. However unlike before i receive a text the sensation of electricity in my hand is still there even when typing this after a minute off the phone. There were no Speakers no me either as i was talking on the phone.