Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woman savagely attacked by feral cats

Still Waters

A band of wild cats pounced on a French woman this week and attacked her as she walked her pet dog. The traumatised woman was reportedly left with a gashed artery and bites to her arms and legs in what a vet said was an unprecedented assault.

http://www.thelocal....tack-dog-walker

Wow, now that's just plain crazy. Almost sounds like that lady took a walk through pet cemetery or something. Weird that the cats hung out in a pack.

Edited by WoIverine
  • Like 1

Holy Crap! That is nuts. I knew there was a reason I disliked cats. Maybe it's just those damned French cats.

Mike

• Like 1

oh wow thats intense! and terrifying

I don´t dislike cats, but if the attack was non provoked, the whole gang should get caught / shot, human safety is first

• Like 1

was she at all, perhaps wearing catnip? you know some people are into some pretty crazy things latley, bath salts now catnip

• Like 1

I agree with the vet this is unprecedented.

We just had a woman savagely attacked by 15 dogs in downtown Houston a day or two ago, while heading for the bus stop. She is was in very serious condition as she suffered a heart attack from the attack. Not sure how she is today.

Dog attacks are not so uncommon.

She was walking a dog. I am guessing that may have had something to do with it. Perhaps dogs had attacked them at some point and that set them off.

• Like 1

Feral cats definitely form 'prides' like lions.

My baby son and I were attacked by a cat in the house way back when... it was really scary and did quite a bit of damage, and that was only 1 cat.

• Like 4

My baby son and I were attacked by a cat in the house way back when... it was really scary and did quite a bit of damage, and that was only 1 cat.

Did your little boy get hurt?...

I saw a video once of a lady in a supermarket, she was browsing through some things, and this cat was lurking through the shelving and attacked her.. Her face was covered in scratches and she was shaken up.. I can't recall who removed the cat, but I remember how fierce this tabby was..

My own two cats are not trusted...I normally have to watch them when my baby son is about.. and keep his little hands away from them..

Edited by Beckys_Mom

Did your little boy get hurt?...

I was sitting on the floor with my son lying across my lap. The cat basically grabbed his head and scratched and bit him. Split his eyelid open - I was hysterical thinking it punctured his eye.. there was so much blood -- and sliced him up pretty badly. Shredded my thigh and bit a chunk out of my leg. When I turned away and got on my knees to scramble to my feet, it attacked my foot and bit through the bottom of it. My foot, ankle and thigh were covered in deep scratches that scarred. This all happened in the matter of a minute or two until I got on my feet and the cat bolted into the back room.

He's 15 now and has a very rakish scar across his eyelid and eyebrow. ;)

Edited by Purplos
  • Like 2

I love cats, but if I would be in that situation I would be `kicking for a field-goal´ and wringing some necks. They were cats not lions.

• Like 4

I had a small, very tame cat that used to like to walk around the edge of the tub while I was taking a bath. It slipped into the water one day and tore me up pretty good in a matter of seconds. People don't realize how razor sharp their claws are until they are wrapped around you. To think of that happening to a baby is terrifying!

• Like 2

I was sitting on the floor with my son lying across my lap. The cat basically grabbed his head and scratched and bit him. Split his eyelid open - I was hysterical thinking it punctured his eye.. there was so much blood -- and sliced him up pretty badly. Shredded my thigh and bit a chunk out of my leg. When I turned away and got on my knees to scramble to my feet, it attacked my foot and bit through the bottom of it. My foot, ankle and thigh were covered in deep scratches that scarred. This all happened in the matter of a minute or two until I got on my feet and the cat bolted into the back room.

He's 15 now and has a very rakish scar across his eyelid and eyebrow. ;)

Oh my word, that was one nasty cat, your son is lucky he didn't loose an eye..That must have been a horrible experience, especially for your baby boy at the time..

six cats, dragged an adult human to the ground.....?

they must've been VERY big cats.

not those talking ones you see on youtube.....

• Like 1

Sorry. I don't believe it. I live in rural Australia and shoot feral cats. They aren't pack animals and never grow to a size more than double a domestic ***** cat. most are the same size. Dogs do attack in packs however .

six cats, dragged an adult human to the ground.....?

they must've been VERY big cats.

not those talking ones you see on youtube.....

Not dragged, knocked. I have seen cats that could do that..

With retractable claws and sharp teeth, cats are among the most sophisticated of predators alive today. Often they the apex predator in a given habitat, whether the African savannah or the Amazon jungle. Feral domestic cats are huge problems everywhere, especially in parts of the world that had no felines like Australia, Pacific islands, etc. They kill the largest number of species of any animal, and yes that includes your cute little fuzzy house cat: insects, birds, reptiles, small mammals, whatever they can catch. All feral cats should at least be captured and sterilized to reduce the population, an expensive process given their sheer numbers.

On the plus side they do keep rodent numbers in check and I have always had one or two around for that reason, but they are sadly very indiscriminate killers.

These cats may have been starving or sick to exhibit such behavior, normally they stay far away from humans. Perhaps people were feeding them and then stopped, who knows.

Sorry. I don't believe it. I live in rural Australia and shoot feral cats. They aren't pack animals and never grow to a size more than double a domestic ***** cat. most are the same size. Dogs do attack in packs however .

Cats can live alone, these act like tigers.

Cats can live in packs, these act like lions.

House cats will usually act lile thos as well. Tho th house cat wil trea you like the pack leader .

The feral cats I have seen are very shy and run away from people. But there could be some "bad seed" cats out there, just like humans.

Sorry. I don't believe it. I live in rural Australia and shoot feral cats. They aren't pack animals.

Sure they are. :D

wrong-neighborhoodtownmother1_zps0d7c066b.jpg

• Like 4

I don't know how it works in her country, but I hope there will be an effort to capture and kill those menacing felines.

Thank God she wasn't strolling with a human baby.

• Like 3

Feral cats are indeed pack animals and this is not an isolated incident. We've had several reports of the same type of incident in Hawai'i: http://archives.starbulletin.com/2001/07/13/news/story4.html one of many.

Most of the time the packs are females. They stick together and are FIERCELY protective of their young... and would have to be since males will kill any babies that are not theirs. This is the same in Lion packs.

Let me tell you that even ONE cat gone mad can do a lot of damage to an unsuspecting human. They have teeth, razor sharp claws and are extremely dextrous and lithe. If one angry adult cat should latch itself on you, and you weren't ready, you very well could be knocked the heck down.

• Like 3