Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The real Area 51

Waspie_Dwarf

There was a theory about A51 that said that it is just used to attract attention and in fact there is a more important location that not many know about. However, I believe it was made just to 'show off' during cold war.

Area 51 is just an Black Book Projects for experimental aircraft testing. I highly doubt Alien technology would be held there. If there was alien technology, we would definitely be using it on our USAF jets by now. Definitely not a skeptic when it comes to Alien Life and Advance Technology because we haven't begun to scratch the surface of what the universe has to offer us. But for Alien Base or maybe Alien Colony to be placed in the middle of the desert is, rather idiotic considering they would require food and hydrates.

welcome to UM Aggie!

couple of things to remember on the forums-

never lend anybody any money, they're a shifty bunch, and you'll never get it back, and secondly, remember to keep your hands & feet inside the carriage at all times.....

:-)

have fun!

Welcome to the fun Aggie..

but watch that shrooma fella.. he's a bit..... odd.. ;)

• Like 2

Welcome to the Show Last Light ! You are going to Love this place ! Youz gotta lotta catching up to do ! :tu:

Area 51 is quite the Happening place still today ! Take my word for it ! :alien::no:

Top secret air force technology would be my first guess.

Yes. My father went on several business trips to Area 51 in the late 80s, I'd say. Don't remember exactly. He had top secret clearance... worked in R&D in the air force, retired and went into private aerospace corporations, but sometimes still did projects for NASA and the military and such.

Of course he didn't tell us about what was actually in there (then he'd have to kill us :P), but he told about the security he had to go through and such... it was interesting.

Edited by Purplos

WITH the new member Kannin, WITH, not AT!

You'll get yourself shot!!

:-)

Shhhh! They will hear you. :ph34r:

interesting little town, im telling you there prolly really isnt much inside that base

What makes you say that? They've gone through a lot of effort to keep it as hidden as possible. In a very remote location, surrounded by mountain ranges, large perimeter boundary outside the mountains and top notch armed security.

They need somewhere to test new top secret vehicles and technology. Don't want the competition stealing your ideas.

What are the chances of a different species of visitor finding/visiting Earth in such a short period. Very little I would think. So both sides certainly knew what they were dealing with.

What are the chances of a different species of visitor finding/visiting Earth in such a short period.

I never like these type of questions because we are wondering something about which we have no idea.

What makes you say that? They've gone through a lot of effort to keep it as hidden as possible. In a very remote location, surrounded by mountain ranges, large perimeter boundary outside the mountains and top notch armed security.

They need somewhere to test new top secret vehicles and technology. Don't want the competition stealing your ideas.

And if an experimental aircraft crashes then they can easily run right out and bring the wreckage back to Area 51.

And if an experimental aircraft crashes then they can easily run right out and bring the wreckage back to Area 51.

Which has happened many times in the past (well, with non-experimental aircraft at least):

Plane Crashes

Rachel lies underneath a major military exercise area, the Nellis Range Complex. Visitors are startled by the many loud sonic booms in the area, but most residents have gotten so used to them they hardly notice. Some people, like Ralph Grover, a former Air Force mechanic[30] who spent his last years here, have enjoyed living here because they could see jets flying around all the time, but most residents only notice what goes on overhead when the booms knock pictures off the wall or when jets crash in their backyard.

In fact, a jet did crash in a backyard once. It came down practically in the middle of town, missing power lines and trailers by only a few feet. On July 10, 1986, at about 4:10pm, two F-16 jets of the Norwegian Air Force collided in mid-air while participating in Red Flag exercises near Rachel. One of the planes came down just 75 feet from D.C. Day's trailer park[31] and only a few feet from the playground. Sharon Bales (now Sharon Singer), who along with her two children was in the trailer closest to the impact, heard what she thought was a very load sonic boom that almost knocked her trailer off its foundation.[32] This was not too unusual in itself--Rachel being the sonic boom capital--but the flashes of light coming through the window raised her concern. Sharon stepped outside and saw a burning pile of debris and smoke billowing over her trailer.

The pilot had ejected safely before the crash, and the other jet made it back to Nellis Air Force Base. Needless to say, there was a lot of activity in town following the crash. Residents converged on the area with shovels and garden hoses to keep the grass fires from spreading to the trailers. Jeff Fallis saw the pilot come down in his parachute near the old mill across the highway, and he drove out in his pickup truck to pick him up. As Fallis approached, the pilot held up his hands and said, "I didn't mean to!" Apart from some bruises, the pilot was unharmed.

An Air Force helicopter arrived within 18 minutes of the crash to take him away, and that was the last folks saw of him, although La Rae and Edith later exchanged letters with him. The area of the crash was cordoned off, and the fire in the plane was allowed to burn itself out. Residents were evacuated to the bar (then known as the Stage Stop Saloon & Kitchen) to protect them from the fumes. The next day, a military clean-up crew combed the desert for debris, and the day after that, the wreckage was trucked away on a big flatbed, leaving only a burn mark to indicate where the crash had been.

No one seemed to blame the Air Force for the nearly disastrous event, and the recovery soon turned into a social occasion. Rachel residents prepared a picnic for the clean-up crew on the front lawn of Ralph and Edith Grover. A month and a half later, on Aug. 28, everyone who participated in the recovery was invited back to Rachel for a barbecue. Although the pilot could not be there, he sent a letter of thanks.

The Norwegian Air Force and the pilot sent the town a molded crest, patches, photos, a small Viking ship and letters of commendation, including this one that came with the crest[33]:

OVERSENDELSE AV CREST

I forbindelse med F-16 havariet på Nellis AFB 10 juli då ble befolkningen i landsbyen Rachel sterkt involvert i rednings - og letearbeidet ved krasjstedet. Dessuten ble våre folk tatt godt vare på og ble hjulpet på en meget tilfredsstillende mate under deres opphold i byen. I den anledning har Generlinspektøren for Luftforsvaret bestemt a vise sin takknemlighhet overfor befolkningen i Rachel ved a overrekke en crest med følgende inskipsjon:

Presented to

the inhabitants of Rachel

from the Inspector General of the

Royal Norwegian Air Force

Airplace crash - 10 July 1986

Det er derfor GILs ønske at oberstløytnant Søftelend ved en passende anledning overrekker denne crest'en sammen med følgeskrivet ti "The Residents of Rachel."

Vi ser gjerne at rapport blir sendt adjutant/GIL når oppdraget er utført.

Med Hilsen

T. Gustavsen

Kaptein, Adjutant/GIL

The town later received a Christmas card from the pilot:

To the people in the community of Rachel:

I would like to wish you all a Merry Christmas and a happy peaceful new year. I hope all of you are doing good and are with good health.

I have recovered from the accident and are flying as normal in my squadron. My job in the sqn. is deputy sqn. commander and chief of the operations. But from next year I will start a new job as flying safety officer of my airbase.

Concerning the accident, the investigation board couldn't find anything to blame me. I was of course happy to hear that. I was also happy to hear that you doesn't hold a grudge to me. (I read that in Bullseye, a newspaper of Nellis AFB.)

I promised you to send a picture. I also send a couple of patches we are use in my airforce. The first one is a common patch all the F-16 pilots in the airforce use (RNOAF stands for Royal Norwegian Air Force). The other one is a sqn. patch from my sgn.--332. This sgn was established during the last world-war in England. On both you can see the relationship to the vikings. Norway is famous for the vikings who ravaged for some centuries ago. And again, merry Christmas and happy new year. (The words on front of the card mean the same.)

Best wishes from your friends in Norway,

Leif Granseth

Saltnes, Norway

The U.S. Air Force was less expressive, at least officially, and offered no commendations. The community received no compensation for the crash or its later inconvenience, not even a free meal when everyone was sequestered in the Stage Stop. The Air Force would not allow Sharon Bales and her family to return to their trailer until the next day for fear of fumes, but they did not offer to pay for other lodging. However, the people of Rachel held no grudges for their close call and remember with fondness all the nice military men they met during the clean-up. An officer from Nellis AFB, Major Donald Flynn, sent the town a thank you letter for the barbecue, and in February 1987 the Air Force gave residents a free tour of Nellis Air Force Base.

The site of the crash was the triangle of community land immediately behind the Quik Pik trailer park, just east of the playground. The land is now known as the D.C. Day Park. (Location: N37deg.38.575', W115deg.44.405'.) Until 1995, you could still find small pieces of wreckage in the empty lot, but then the land was graded to improve the park, and it is hard to find any pieces now.

Crash at Dump. There were other crashes in the vicinity over the years, including a jet which crashed in Spring of 1984 near the town dump. The location was along the Dump Road about a mile from Rachel. (You can still find some tiny pieces of debris about 0.4 mile from the highway. Location: N37deg.38.575', W115deg.44.500'.) In this case, there were no friendly encounters with the military. Some men of the town raced to the site just after the crash, but helicopters bearing guards arrived almost immediately and warned them off in no uncertain terms. "You have one minute to turn around and leave the area," the local men were told.

Townspeople differ as to the type of aircraft it was. Most say it was a Marine Corps Harrier,[34][65] while an F-16 has been mentioned and others think it was a Russian MiG-29. In any case, security was tight and the debris was picked up quickly--in less than 24 hours. It was a typical military operation, though: Residents recall that the flatbed truck which hauled out the debris got stuck in the sand[36] and then got lost in Rachel trying to find the road to the Test Site.[37]Residents do not know whether the pilot ejected safely.

Persistent rumors of a MiG crash near Rachel have been reported as fact in the aviation press, but these are still unproven. Captured or purloined MiGs have certainly been flown from Groom Lake and Tonopah Test Range, and there was a confirmed crash which killed a General Bond in the 1980s, but that was inside the range according to news reports. The following are the only crashes the Rachel people remember.

Plane Crashes in Rachel Vicinity USAF F-15D (65th Aggressor Squadron), one pilot was killed, one survived with injuries 23 miles NW of Rachel July 30, 2008

11:40AM USAF F-15C (serial #86-0173), pilot ejected and survived with no injuries[64] 13 miles north of Rachel August 3, 2000

10:45AM Mid-air collision of two F-15; both crashed; all crew members ejected and survived with some injuries; F-15C (serial #82-0008) and F-15D (serial #79-0013)[65] About 21 miles NW of Rachel, over the dry lake in Railroad Valley ("Bearpaw") June 16, 1999

5:20PM British GR-7 Harrier; pilot ejected just before impact and survived with numerous broken bones[65] 8.6 miles NNW of Rachel January 29, 1999 Mid-air collision of two Norwegian F-16A (serial #80-3684/684 and 80-3686/686); #686 returned to Nellis, #684 crashed; pilot ejected safely[38] Rachel Playground July 10, 1986 Marine Corps Harrier[65] Near the old Rachel Dump Site Spring 1984 USAF F-4E (serial #73-1180), both crewmen died[64][65] East side of Tempiute Mountain March 23, 1982 USAF F-16A (serial #78-0006), pilot ejected safely[65] 2 miles NE of Rachel (?) October 1, 1979 USAF F-4D (serial #66-0227), crashed on ingress during Red Flag, no survivors[64] North end of Groom Range

about 6 miles SSW of Rachel March 7, 1979

2:19PM USAF F-4, both ejected safely[66] Near Ash Springs, NV; approx. 40 miles SE of Rachel Dec. 1, 1978,9.40am Canadian CF-104 Starfighter (serial #104775), crashed during Red Flag

Pilot Maj. J. Michel A. Coutu was killed[67] West face of Mt. Irish or

North end of Groom Range (?) November 16, 1977 USAF F-4E (serial #68-0518), no survivors[65] Near the Seeps, 11.5 miles NE of Rachel Sept. 2, 1977

Although most residents hardly notice the booms, the skies over Rachel remain active year round, with most of our country's military combat aircraft--and many from other nations--passing overhead at one time or another. Most of resident's concern involves damage done by the booms, which has involved a substantial number of broken windows and items knocked off walls. Since the jets have always been here, though, it is hard to claim that anyone is unprepared. The Air Force is fairly responsive to claims if submitted on the proper form, but it never seems to return full value for the damages and cannot seem to enforce the "Noise Sensitive Area" over Rachel.

Edith Grover says that residents saw the Stealth fighter long before the government admitted having it,[39] and the B-2 stealth bomber has often been seen here in recent years. While residents tend to be highly skeptical about UFO watchers and UFO sightings along the highway, they seem open to the notion of unrevealed aircraft still being tested at Area 51. As for the government operating alien spacecraft at the Test Site, many residents do not dismiss it, even if they do dismiss the visiting UFO buffs.

http://www.rachel-nevada.com/