Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GreenmansGod

Memory of Water

5 posts in this topic

I did a forum search didn't find anything. If it has been discussed merge it.

Here the video on it.

Here is an article from Nature on it. This the summary at the end. Interesting stuff whatever is going on with it. Needs more research to see what is really going on.

The details were not, Benveniste said, his responsibility. He was an immunologist, not a physicist.

But his failure to simplify his experimental system so that he could clarify the precise nature of the effects he claimed to see, or the mechanisms behind them, fell short of rigorous science. Benveniste could surely have tested his radio-transmission theory at the level of simple, cell-free molecular systems.

I have found no evidence that he ever devised such experiments: he stayed at the level of cells, tissues or whole organisms, where direct cause-and-effect is hard to track and statistical tests are needed to cope with the significant responses from control samples. The talk that I saw he and his co-workers deliver last June was a blinding blizzard of histograms.

There can be no doubt that Benveniste was genuinely convinced he had chanced upon something revolutionary. It is a shame that he became isolated (he may have played a part in that), which meant that genuine enquiry into his curious findings was hampered by posturing on all sides.

But the fact that it is the 'memory of water', not 'digital biology', that he will be remembered for illustrates a point that I think Jacques failed to appreciate: his work tapped into a potent and persistent cultural myth about the miraculous properties of water. And under the influence of myth, it can be hard to keep a level head.

http://www.nature.com/news/2004/041004/full/news041004-19.html

Let me guess, and besides immunologists he is an activist for homeopathy?

Let me guess, and besides immunologists he is an activist for homeopathy?

Sometimes you got to look past that and look at the basic science behind it. Like I say it needs more and better research, it might have applications you don't expect.

I did a forum search didn't find anything. If it has been discussed merge it.

Here is an article from Nature on it. This the summary at the end. Interesting stuff whatever is going on with it. Needs more research to see what is really going on.

The article you've sourced was Published online 8 October 2004 .

It was posted as an article on here Jul 27 2008. - http://www.unexplain...howtopic=131626

Some interesting info in a post in that link -

"Unfortunately for Benveniste, the investigators soon discovered that the results in his laboratory were unreliable.

The three of them went on to publish a report explaining how Benveniste's assistants were being subconsciously selective in the way that they interpreted their data.

They said: "We believe that experimental data have been uncritically assessed and their imperfections inadequately reported."