Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
UM-Bot

Near-death experience

1 post in this topic

Mark Dohle: For the past 30 years the NDE (near-death-experience) has been of great interest to me. I think it is an important development in our culture due to our medical sophistication that allows many people to be brought back from the brink of death. Millions actually, in the United States alone 13 million according to P.M.H. Atwater in her book "The big book of Near-death-experiences". Of course the number is most likely much higher. I think it is something that needs to be attended to, and is of course being done, studied by an ever expanding number of people. I think one of the reasons that the belief in another life and in the Transcendent is so universal, is due to the fact that this kind of experience has been going on for all of mankind's history. Today perhaps we just need to be pounded over the head about this reality; something is trying to get our attention. Perhaps because we now have the ability to destroy ourselves, something not possible in the not so distant past but a very real threat today.

arrow3.gifView: Full Article