Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hezbollah gets “terrorist” label for fighting

Big Bad Voodoo

Why have you got the news source from Press TV? Hezbollah get backing from Iran to stop Israel.

I don't need Press TV to know we've unwittingly found ourselves in bed with Al Qaeda since we started cooperating with the Taliban in Afghanistan, the government of Pakistan, the rebels of Benghazi and now Syria.

Assad, an ally of the Iranian government, calls the rebels terrorists. Any government whose citizens erupt against it in armed revolt would.

Remember George Washington? According to King George III and King George the W, yep you guessed it, he's a "terrorist." But it's been reported long before this article that the Syrian rebels have ties to Al Qaeda so we don't need Press TV to know that. Don't let John McCain shaking hands with rebel leaders trick you. McCain would never let the opportunity for another war to get stuck in stop him.

This article was so silly I thought it had to be tongue in cheek but then I read the bio...Dr. Barrett has taught at colleges and universities in San Francisco, Paris, and Wisconsin, where he ran for Congress in 2008. Nah, just more tripe from the America hating Left...The Hezzies have WELL and truly earned the label they were given. Unless blowing people up on holiday seems like a reasonable thing for a political organization to be engaged in.

they got in terrorists list not because of attacking alquada ..

but for attacking innocent syrians families and childrens and killing them

did you know how much " knife " slaughter hezboallah shitties did in homs ? no i suppose you don't

they slaughter children women and men alike as if they were not humans

however am happy they got in something bigger than them

and mark my words .. we will be the end of hezboallah

once it's over we're going to the depth of lebanon to drag their leader by his tail and give him proper trial for his crimes against syrians

• Like 1

I read somewhere that there is or were Hezbollah operatives in Vietnam or Malaysia? think it was Malaysia, anyway of trying to convince them to support Iran or something

I read somewhere that there is or were Hezbollah operatives in Vietnam or Malaysia? think it was Malaysia, anyway of trying to convince them to support Iran or something

The "party of god" is probably involved everywhere Iran needs a liaison to do their dirty work. Formed in Lebanon, ostensibly to fight back after Israel invaded and kicked the crap out of the PLO for attacking incessantly with indirect fire, Hezballah is just a well maintained and funded terror and military organization. They taught the Israelis a few things in the last dust up but it will be their turn in the next...

I tend not to pay much attention to the labels the west likes to give certain groups, Its just pure propaganda because in as little as a few years a groups status can change depending on the west's agenda, Hamas and Hezbollah exist because of the actions of Israel, but the term terrorism is interesting in its use and perspective.

• Like 3

On Monday, the European Union formally labeled Hezbollah a “terrorist” group.

Why?

Because Hezbollah has gone to war with al-Qaeda

http://presstv.com/d...ghting-alqaeda/

Well, yes. Right now, Obama and the rest of the Western world is in bed with the Muslim Brotherhood and its military arm called Al Quaeda. I have pointed out this absurdity so many times, my keyboard is getting bloody.

That is not to say that the terrorist label for Hizb-Allah is not correct; of course it is.

But to condemn a Shiite terrorist organization while supporting its Sunni counterpart is just too insane to be true... but alas that is what we are doing.

In a sane world, we would not get involved in intra-islamic squabbles, but instead protect modernity as much as we can.

Hamas and Hezbollah exist because of the actions of Israel,

I think you mistyped a word here. You mean "existance" of Israel, and not "actions".

Because short of dissolving itself, there is nothing Israel can do to appease either Hizb-Allah or Hamas.

• Like 1

It saddens me that so many today cannot see - or at least admit, even if only to themselves - that what you say here is truth. They cannot see the inconsistency in the idea that a few million souls on one of the smallest countries on the planet could be worth the efforts put forth to end them. WHY? Why THIS few million people? They have done no worse than most nations that came before them. They have demonstrated what a real democracy can accomplish in the heart of a region ruled by tyrants yet they are hated beyond all those other countries despite the horrors that occur there regularly. There is no logic or reason to the hatred, yet most people today chant against them like some kind of mind numbed robots. They are too "clever" to call them Kikes any more but the sentiments are identical and they cannot hide what is in their hearts - no matter what they utter from their mouths. Nothing is hidden that will not someday be revealed.

AT: are you insinuating that just because the Jews are hated by some that they are divine? You seem to be ignoring a lot of the historical context behind the interplay between the Abrahamic Monotheisms. There have been periods in history where it was the Muslims protecting the Jews from the Christians. Scapegoating the Jews for a nations problems is one of the oldest tricks in the book. When Ahmedinejad says 'death to the Jews' what he's really saying is 'dont take notice of my tremendous incompetence'. King Edward II of England borrowed copious amounts of money from Jewish bankers to fund his war with Wales, and when he couldn't pay his loans back he evicted the Jews from England.

Anti-semitism, racism and 'islamophobia' are all tools the leaders use to rile us up against one another so that we're too angry with each other to be angry with them. I think the ME is home to a lot of angry people with no real outlet for their anger. Israel gives them an outlet. As bad as Israel has acted(and no nation is truly innocent), it is organizations such as Hezbollah and Hamas who have failed the very people they claim to represent. I might be the odd one out but if someone claimed to be killing my enemies in my name I would denounce them just as hard as I would my enemies.

Non-violent protest is always an option.

AT: are you insinuating that just because the Jews are hated by some that they are divine? You seem to be ignoring a lot of the historical context behind the interplay between the Abrahamic Monotheisms. There have been periods in history where it was the Muslims protecting the Jews from the Christians. Scapegoating the Jews for a nations problems is one of the oldest tricks in the book. When Ahmedinejad says 'death to the Jews' what he's really saying is 'dont take notice of my tremendous incompetence'. King Edward II of England borrowed copious amounts of money from Jewish bankers to fund his war with Wales, and when he couldn't pay his loans back he evicted the Jews from England.

Anti-semitism, racism and 'islamophobia' are all tools the leaders use to rile us up against one another so that we're too angry with each other to be angry with them. I think the ME is home to a lot of angry people with no real outlet for their anger. Israel gives them an outlet. As bad as Israel has acted(and no nation is truly innocent), it is organizations such as Hezbollah and Hamas who have failed the very people they claim to represent. I might be the odd one out but if someone claimed to be killing my enemies in my name I would denounce them just as hard as I would my enemies.

Non-violent protest is always an option.

Divine? NO! Protected by God? Absolutely. Though it seems sometimes He isn't doing such a great job, I think it all ends well :) No, I simply mean that per population they are the most hated group of people on the planet and it's illogical. Even if they had done everything their enemies accuse them of they still would not be deserving of the level of hatred spewed their way by people all over the globe who've never been impacted by them or even their behavior. It really is uncanny when you look at it dispassionately.

I think their special status in the Abrahamic religion has contributed greatly to the loathing they receive. After all, they are the only religion to survive Christianity and Islam without being absorbed. The pagans and polytheists were all targets for conversion. The Jews, not so much. They have been viewed by Christianity as both God's people and the Devil's spawn and I suspect it's the same with Islam. If they were all converted or killed wouldn't that leave scriptural prophecy hanging? Their continued existence is necessary to fulfill certain prophecies, but they've always been viewed as something different to regular humans.

However the situation is not unique to Israel. It may seem like an important struggle to you, but people elsewhere might not. Some groups hate each other despite the fact that the originators of their feud are long dead. Look at Turks and Greeks, Tutsis and Hutus, Irish and English, Chinese and Japanese, Indians and Pakistanis. The Jews haven't been the only ones reviled and scapegoated throughout history, the Roma people have received equally bad treatment, and India and Japan have their untouchables.

• Like 2

I think their special status in the Abrahamic religion has contributed greatly to the loathing they receive. After all, they are the only religion to survive Christianity and Islam without being absorbed. The pagans and polytheists were all targets for conversion. The Jews, not so much. They have been viewed by Christianity as both God's people and the Devil's spawn and I suspect it's the same with Islam. If they were all converted or killed wouldn't that leave scriptural prophecy hanging? Their continued existence is necessary to fulfill certain prophecies, but they've always been viewed as something different to regular humans.

However the situation is not unique to Israel. It may seem like an important struggle to you, but people elsewhere might not. Some groups hate each other despite the fact that the originators of their feud are long dead. Look at Turks and Greeks, Tutsis and Hutus, Irish and English, Chinese and Japanese, Indians and Pakistanis. The Jews haven't been the only ones reviled and scapegoated throughout history, the Roma people have received equally bad treatment, and India and Japan have their untouchables.

Maybe they (the Jews) had a better "press agent" :tsu:

It is important to me because it rests at the center of my belief system and thus far I have had no reason to seriously doubt that the scriptural admonitions are incorrect. I realize that those who do not subscribe to Christian beliefs tend to totally dismiss those writings but I think someday quite soon they are going to see things that will be very difficult to ignore that have been directly foretold. Such as the destruction of the city of Damascus and the defeat of all of Israel's neighbors who have come against the state with the intent of "removing them from being a nation so that their name is remembered no longer" (sound familiar?). I agree that Israel is not unique with respect to persecution but the tenacity and virulent hatred their enemies have shown over the millennia is unique.

Maybe they (the Jews) had a better "press agent" :tsu:

It is important to me because it rests at the center of my belief system and thus far I have had no reason to seriously doubt that the scriptural admonitions are incorrect. I realize that those who do not subscribe to Christian beliefs tend to totally dismiss those writings but I think someday quite soon they are going to see things that will be very difficult to ignore that have been directly foretold. Such as the destruction of the city of Damascus and the defeat of all of Israel's neighbors who have come against the state with the intent of "removing them from being a nation so that their name is remembered no longer" (sound familiar?). I agree that Israel is not unique with respect to persecution but the tenacity and virulent hatred their enemies have shown over the millennia is unique.

extremist fear mongering talk

• Like 1

I think you mistyped a word here. You mean "existance" of Israel, and not "actions".

Because short of dissolving itself, there is nothing Israel can do to appease either Hizb-Allah or Hamas.

The Lebanese Shi'ites had no qualm or beef with Israel until Israel invaded Lebanon, and crushed the Lebanese Shi'ites beneath their feet with their abortive conquest of Beirut which underwent a nine week siege by Israel. The bombardment included 1,000s of bombs and at least 60,000 shells. In 19 locations in West Beirut and 51 locations throughout Lebanon Israel used 9 types of American cluster bombs. Napalm, phosphorous, advanced fuel-air mixture weapons, and cluster bombs were being used in high- and medium density residential sections of Beirut.

These cluster bombs were also used extensively in civilian ressidential areas during Israel's 1978 invasion of south Lebanon. These cluster bombs are so lethal when used in densely populated areas, that the Ford administration required a special agreement governing the use of cluster bomb at the time they were first provided to Israel in 1976. This written agreement under which Israel solemnly swore to use these cluster munitions only against fortified military targets, and only in self-defense, if attacked by more than one country.

One of these types Israel used in Lebanon does not immediately detonate on impact, it is "spin armed" by the "magnus effect", as it falls through the air, and then detonates later when it is jarred. On September 30 1982, one of these types cluster munitions would kill an American marine, Corporal David Reagan and wound three other marines whom were members of the multinational peacekeeping force because "tens of thousands of these unexploded U.S.-manufactured cluster bomblets" littered Beirut International Airport. Cluster munitions were also used on refugee camps, including Sabra and Chatila. Doctors in twenty hospitals and clinics operating in West Beirut signed affidavits that they had all treated cluster-bomb patients.

The 1982 Lebanon War killed tens of thousands of civilians (both Palestinian and Lebanese), wounded at least 100,000, and caused half a 1,000,000 to be homeless. The Lebanese Shi'a were neutral towards Israel peaceful even until the tide of the Israeli tide rolled through their populations causing much destruction and grief in their wake.

Edited by B Jenkins

they got in terrorists list not because of attacking alquada ..

Agreed.

But our now stated policy is as I feared, stalemate. We'll give you enough help to keep the war machine churning. When either of the two sides starts to collapse, the bloodletting will end, so we'll mete our help proportionately to Russia's help for Assad. Our sneaky bureaucrats have found another way to milk the war cow and keep the war in Syria going for years. The longer this instability continues in Syria the more likely you're going to have even bigger problems from your other neighbors, one of whom has committed acts of war against you. And you're very retributive, but when does it all end? How many more people after Assad do you want to kill before the bloodshed ends?

The "party of god" is probably involved everywhere Iran needs a liaison to do their dirty work. Formed in Lebanon, ostensibly to fight back after Israel invaded and kicked the crap out of the PLO for attacking incessantly with indirect fire, Hezballah is just a well maintained and funded terror and military organization. They taught the Israelis a few things in the last dust up but it will be their turn in the next...

Well, the Hezzies did a number on Israel's Merkava tanks with the latest Russian-built anti-tank weapons. They are of course supported by Iran and have received weapons and training from North Korea.

The North Koreans even built underground bunkers for the Hezzies in Lebanon.

Divine? NO! Protected by God? Absolutely. Though it seems sometimes He isn't doing such a great job, I think it all ends well :) No, I simply mean that per population they are the most hated group of people on the planet and it's illogical. Even if they had done everything their enemies accuse them of they still would not be deserving of the level of hatred spewed their way by people all over the globe who've never been impacted by them or even their behavior. It really is uncanny when you look at it dispassionately.

Israel is hated for the Palestinian refugees and feared for its undeclared borders, the expansionist idealogies of Zionism, its nuclear capabilities and its incessant border provocations western media never sees "fit for print". Israel wants Lebanon's, Syria's, and Jordan's water.

Under the pre-1967 borders, only 3% of the Jordan River fell within Israel.

Israel currently uses 73% of the water from the West Bank aquifers, while the West Bank Palestinians are permitted to only use 17%, and the illegal West Bank Jewish settlers use 10%.

10-14% of Palestine GDP is agriculture but 90% must depend on rain-fed farming methods, while 3% of Israel's GDP is agriculture despite the fact Israel irrigates 50% of its land.

A quarter of Israel's total water consumption is diverted from the Jordan River which the Palestinians have no access to whatsoever due to Israeli closures.

Israel also sells the water it diverts from the West Bank aquifers back to the Palestinians in the West Bank at inflated prices.

Israel is hated for the Palestinian refugees and feared for its undeclared borders, the expansionist idealogies of Zionism,

"Palestinian refugees"... get real. The original number of muslim arabs who fled during Israels founding (encouraged to do so by Arab rulers) is less than the number of Jews driven out of Arab countries at the same time. And hardly any of those are alive today. What you call "refugees" are descendents of refugees plus a large number of muslim Arabs who simply assumed that label.

And the muslim Arab neighbouring countries, instead of simply giving them citizenship, like e.g. refugees in Western countries get, keep them in apartheid "camps" as a permanently growing population weapon.

Hereditary refugees! Have ever heard such a concept, outside the world of muslim Arab propaganda? No, I haven´t either.

Under the pre-1967 borders, only 3% of the Jordan River fell within Israel.

Well yes. That was before Jordan and 5 other muslim Arab countries attacked Israel and tried to wipe it off the map. They failed. And losing a war usually has consequences.

That said, I have long said that Israel should simply hand the West Bank minus Jerusalem back to Jordan, where at a sort of non-jihadist monarchy is in power. But guess what? The Hashemites don´t want to own that hellhole either. So where does that leave you?

See, once you go beyond the hamfisted antisemitic slogans, the situation is not that simple any more.

Edited by Zaphod222

AT: are you insinuating that just because the Jews are hated by some that they are divine?

No, the opposite is the case. The Jews are hated, because they resisted Mohammed. That is why you find islamists on the other side of the world spouting anti-semitic hate, who would would not be able to find Israel on a map. (And that is is to tiny does not help.)

Get a koran and read it, then you don´t need to ask such silly questions.

Edited by Zaphod222

No, the opposite is the case. The Jews are hated, because they resisted Mohammed. That is why you find islamists on the other side of the world spouting anti-semitic hate, who would would not be able to find Israel on a map. (And that is is to tiny does not help.)

Get a koran and read it, then you don´t need to ask such silly questions.

you also fail to mention Christian hatred toward Jews too, I doubt you even read the Koran

"Palestinian refugees"... get real. The original number of muslim arabs who fled during Israels founding (encouraged to do so by Arab rulers) is less than the number of Jews driven out of Arab countries at the same time. And hardly any of those are alive today. What you call "refugees" are descendents of refugees plus a large number of muslim Arabs who simply assumed that label.

And the muslim Arab neighbouring countries, instead of simply giving them citizenship, like e.g. refugees in Western countries get, keep them in apartheid "camps" as a permanently growing population weapon.

Hereditary refugees! Have ever heard such a concept, outside the world of muslim Arab propaganda? No, I haven´t either.

I don't recall the Palestinians ever being consulted about a Jewish State despite the fact they outnumbered the Jews more than 2 to 1 prior to UN Partition Plan.

Britain gave away land that wasn't their's to give, the Balfour Declaration is dated November 2 1917 while WWI was still underway. What right did Britain have to promise this land to the Jews?

Well yes. That was before Jordan and 5 other muslim Arab countries attacked Israel and tried to wipe it off the map. They failed. And losing a war usually has consequences.

That said, I have long said that Israel should simply hand the West Bank minus Jerusalem back to Jordan, where at a sort of non-jihadist monarchy is in power. But guess what? The Hashemites don´t want to own that hellhole either. So where does that leave you?

See, once you go beyond the hamfisted antisemitic slogans, the situation is not that simple any more.

So the myth goes. Let's just write-off Plan Dalet and premeditated Zionist campaign to expelled the Palestinians from their lands because in order for Israel to be a Jewish democracy it doesn't dare harbour a Palestinian majority.

No, the West Bank and Jerusalem belongs to the Palestinians not the Hashemites anyways.

Edited by B Jenkins
  • Like 1