Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Having a hard time to astral project!

kannin

i have been trying a few months now to astral project, i get very close and i know it because ill see visions hear wierd noises but when it comes to projecting nada, ive searched methods even use binural beats to help and it has helped, i need to clear my mind more because i think to much, but i was just wondering what methods you would suggest? i thought i would ask my UM family before a yahoo question was in the works! thanks guys!

i have been trying a few months now to astral project, i get very close and i know it because ill see visions hear wierd noises but when it comes to projecting nada, ive searched methods even use binural beats to help and it has helped, i need to clear my mind more because i think to much, but i was just wondering what methods you would suggest? i thought i would ask my UM family before a yahoo question was in the works! thanks guys!

My first question is when are you attempting your projection?

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=219629&st=0

when i try to sleep

You will have better results if you wake up early in the morning. Most people have a hard time a achieving seperation at night. Definantly try switching your practice to morning.

• Like 1

yeah im going to try this early morning method to see how it works, makes sense anyways

There's a very good reason why you're having a hard time.

It's pretty tough for most people. Others seem to pick it up pretty fast ;)

AP is very hard to achieve. I would suggest trying Lucid Dreaming, and then use dream recall. Sometimes it is best to gain conscious awareness within the dream and know that you are dreaming before trying to AP. Because AP can often be mistaken as a dream.

For example a couple of nights ago i became aware that i was dreaming. I am not sure if it would qualify as a lucid dream because i was not controlling the dream. However during the dream it was like my mind became aware that i was dreaming and my minds eye was watching the dream take place. And by watching the dream i mean completely realizing that the events were being played out on my eyelids. It was almost like a movie being played on them.

• Like 1

i see i will take all advice into consideration

Hi,

try this is the morning, it is much better. In the morning, you have more energy and you have the tendency to stay awake, thats why it is easier to have Lucid Dreams and OOBEs. Just wake up 1-2 hours before you would normally do, stay up for 30-40 mins, then try to get back to sleep. It made me get 2 Lucid Dreams. Hope it helps :).

thanx everyone for the very helpful advice i just for the first time experienced a lucid dream, freaking awsome!

My method of triggering Lucid dreams, I call it canvasing.

When your lying in your bed, ready to sleep, imagine an empty white room that's brightly lit. Focus on that imagery. before you know it you'll be a sleep.

It was originally a technique I had to help me sleep at night as my mind is always racing. In the end I discovered how to trigger my Lucid dreams.

try it out, the results are,....interesting :D

You can try waking yourself at 4:00 with an alarm and go back to sleep after stretching. Your mind needs to be groggy. I have had success doing that but stopped because of the fearsome noises and overwhelming sensations. Does your body vibrate? You can stop the vibrating by relaxing and not panicking, then simply WILL yourself out. I suggest tilting sideways and falling off your bed is better than floating straight up, as floating takes a lot of energy out of you. The farthest I've made it is my doorway. I also suggest you don't look at your face or bed cos seeing your body will scare the living daylights out of you

• Like 1

You can try waking yourself at 4:00 with an alarm and go back to sleep after stretching. Your mind needs to be groggy. I have had success doing that but stopped because of the fearsome noises and overwhelming sensations. Does your body vibrate? You can stop the vibrating by relaxing and not panicking, then simply WILL yourself out. I suggest tilting sideways and falling off your bed is better than floating straight up, as floating takes a lot of energy out of you. The farthest I've made it is my doorway. I also suggest you don't look at your face or bed cos seeing your body will scare the living daylights out of you

Yes all that can be quite shocking. :)

• Like 1

Hi,

try this is the morning, it is much better. In the morning, you have more energy and you have the tendency to stay awake, thats why it is easier to have Lucid Dreams and OOBEs. Just wake up 1-2 hours before you would normally do, stay up for 30-40 mins, then try to get back to sleep. It made me get 2 Lucid Dreams. Hope it helps :).

Agreed. The other day i woke up randomly around 3 in the morning and just like you said i had a lot of energy so i tried focusing that energy to Astral Project. Before i knew a wave a Sleep Paralysis came over my body. However i wasn't completely paralyzed as i was "wiggling" my one foot to break the paralysis if i had to. I call it a wave a SP because it truely felt like a wave washing over you.

• Like 1

yeah it was very interesting indeed

Agreed. The other day i woke up randomly around 3 in the morning and just like you said i had a lot of energy so i tried focusing that energy to Astral Project. Before i knew a wave a Sleep Paralysis came over my body. However i wasn't completely paralyzed as i was "wiggling" my one foot to break the paralysis if i had to. I call it a wave a SP because it truely felt like a wave washing over you.

your on the right track Steve :) yes the electric wave is the first stage of sp, I feel it travel from my legs to my arms, then I know I'm about to get sp. don't wiggle your toes cos your going to snap out of sp, wait until your paralyzed, then calm down and relax. You'll feel a sort of rocking motion or spinning motion and hear peculiar sounds. That's when you can start getting out.
  • Like 1

on my third successful trip now

• Like 2

your on the right track Steve :) yes the electric wave is the first stage of sp,don't wiggle your toes cos your going to snap out of sp, wait until your paralyzed, then calm down and relax. You'll feel a sort of rocking motion or spinning motion and hear peculiar sounds. That's when you can start getting out.

The only reason why i had to break the SP was because i was laying on my face when it happened and couldn't breath. :whistle: By wigglying my foot i was able to regain control of my head and move it to a direction where i could breath lol. I was happy that i was able to reach the SP stage but that was truly a first time where i had to break it. Normally i would just let it run its course, but i slightly panicked when i realized i couldn't breath at the moment lol so i told my brain to wiggly my toe breaking the Spell and move my head.

I feel it travel from my legs to my arms, then I know I'm about to get sp.

Ya it was such a strange feeling to. Very different from the Vibration Stage of AP. Even though most people consider it to be a stepping stone to that stage. I have always seemed to be able to get the Electric shock of the Vibration Stage first and then try and project However i almost never reach the SP Stage.

Edited by stevemagegod
  • Like 1

i love SP very interesting

• Like 1

The only reason why i had to break the SP was because i was laying on my face when it happened and couldn't breath. :whistle: By wigglying my foot i was able to regain control of my head and move it to a direction where i could breath lol. I was happy that i was able to reach the SP stage but that was truly a first time where i had to break it. Normally i would just let it run its course, but i slightly panicked when i realized i couldn't breath at the moment lol so i told my brain to wiggly my toe breaking the Spell and move my head.

Ya it was such a strange feeling to. Very different from the Vibration Stage of AP. Even though most people consider it to be a stepping stone to that stage. I have always seemed to be able to get the Electric shock of the Vibration Stage first and then try and project However i almost never reach the SP Stage.

ohh I see, it's best if your lying on your back, you don't want to suffocate now :) yes the shock waves come first for me too, and then the vibration stage. I found that struggling to get up while in the vibration stage makes you vibrate even harder, to the point where it almost hurts so relaxing is the key to making the vibrations cease and getting into the rocking/spinning stage. You can reach sp stage by not moving and relaxing. Try not to think too much and concentrate on one thing. I like to imagine a red ball slowly rolling on the grass and soon enough I'm dreaming it and when I realize I'm dreaming I stare at my hands or feet and wake up paralyzed. Or you can do the morning 4:00 thing, it's easier to get sp in that hour cos your mind is awake but your body is tired.

i love SP very interesting

indeed it is, but it can be quite scary Edited by Himawari69

ohh I see, it's best if your lying on your back, you don't want to suffocate now :) yes the shock waves come first for me too, and then the vibration stage. I found that struggling to get up while in the vibration stage makes you vibrate even harder, to the point where it almost hurts so relaxing is the key to making the vibrations cease and getting into the rocking/spinning stage. You can reach sp stage by not moving and relaxing. Try not to think too much and concentrate on one thing. I like to imagine a red ball slowly rolling on the grass and soon enough I'm dreaming it and when I realize I'm dreaming I stare at my hands or feet and wake up paralyzed. Or you can do the morning 4:00 thing, it's easier to get sp in that hour cos your mind is awake but your body is tired.

indeed it is, but it can be quite scary

yeah the old hag syndrome

yeah the old hag syndrome

the old hag syndrome is actually another term for sleep paralysis. It got its name from the notion that an old lady sits on your chest. In actuality, feeling severe pressure on your chest is quite common with sp, I've opened my eyes during sp but I didn't see anything on my chest. I believe the pressure is caused by the opening of the heart chakra

the old hag syndrome is actually another term for sleep paralysis. It got its name from the notion that an old lady sits on your chest. In actuality, feeling severe pressure on your chest is quite common with sp, I've opened my eyes during sp but I didn't see anything on my chest. I believe the pressure is caused by the opening of the heart chakra

I've only experienced the old hag syndrome once when i was much younger. Maybe 7 ish. I found myself laying on my back and i couldn't move at all because this old lady was on top of me. I yelled out to move and i was able to move my leg rolled out of bed, but couldn't move the other one as it was limp.

I'm not opposed to the idea, but its more likely that during SP your diaphram is not under conscious control, when you try to breath there is nothing there. The breathing Rythms during sleep are much slower. Being conscious of not being able to take in air at will would feel like suffocation and pressure. Try it your self. Prevent air from being sucked in but try to breath in really hard at the same time.

With that said, I have been through countless SP episodes with many crazy events, but not once have I felt the pressure. So I don't really know what it feels like.

• Like 1