Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
preacherman76

DHS says its illegal to freely play music in

19 posts in this topic

http://iamnotanonymousblog.com/?p=216

Now you need a freakin permit from DHS to play music at your place of business. Guess they ran outta terrorists to find. This country is an embarresment.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Yeah, good luck enforcing that.

Edited by Sweetpumper
3 people like this

Some times a little civic disobedience is in order... like in this case. We should organize a free music weekend... without permits.

4 people like this

From the opening paragraphs of the article...

"The Department of Homeland Security (An agency enacted through the Patriot Act) is now demanding through enforcement from The State Fire Marshalls that ALL LIVE MUSIC PLAYED IN THE UNITED STATES MUST HAVE A PERMIT FROM THE DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY.

This is an outrage to freedom and the ideals of The American people and our quickly evaporating rights

This is just the start to the reality of what The Department of Homeland Security is going to do to the American citizens. The DHS is actually saying it is illegal to play music or operate a business where music is played for any reason without paying The Department of Homeland Security, and giving them much personal and private information. If The DHS can regulate the performance of a song where do you think they will stop? The fact is they won’t!"

Notice the bold italics part...

Extortion anyone?

So...use any method to collect revenue, to build the SS even larger...which will need more money...who will then crush more rights and extort more money...wonderful cycle they are building...

dontwanttoliveonthisplanet_zpse14bd37b.png

5 people like this

Wow, this is crazy! What is wrong with these bureaucratic morons? :no:

1 person likes this

Wow, this is crazy! What is wrong with these bureaucratic morons? :no:

They have the biggest power of them all: the fallout of a Chicken Little scare.

2 people like this

Completely misleading topic and discussion. This has NOTHING to do with the DHS and is about the INDIANA DHS. From your link

As it turns out, the linked article above is… well, pretty grossly incorrect. The situation, which involves the Indiana Dept. of Homeland Security (not the Federal agency), is about health & safety inspections of show venues
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

This has the possibility of being a good chance to all of us draw a line and let the DHS know that we've had it with their nazi like antics and they can shove their plan right up their puckered aholes.

How much longer and how much more crap are we going to allow this joke of a federal government to inflict upon us (law abinding citizens) before we stand our ground and put them down. Why isn't obama being impeached? Why hasn't the military, who have endured more s*&t then most, stood up?

I wonder often what will be the final straw before all hell breaks lose? Any ideas out there?

"I posted this before reading the posts more accurately describing the topic, however the point I'm trying to make stands on its own."

Edited by praetorian-legio XIII
1 person likes this

This has the possibility of being a good chance to all of us draw a line and let the DHS know that we've had it with their nazi like antics and they can shove their plan right up their puckered aholes.

How much longer and how much more crap are we going to allow this joke of a federal government to inflict upon us (law abinding citizens) before we stand our ground and put them down. Why isn't obama being impeached? Why hasn't the military, who have endured more s*&t then most, stood up?

I wonder often what will be the final straw before all hell breaks lose? Any ideas out there?

Last I remember it was Bush who cooked that thingy up... I fail to remember you howling for his impeachment.

1 person likes this

Last I remember it was Bush who cooked that thingy up... I fail to remember you howling for his impeachment.

Actually if I remember correctly it was Biden who wrote it. Way before 9/11. I'll have to check to see if im right about Biden writting it Though. its been awhile since I read about it.

1 person likes this

Completely misleading topic and discussion. This has NOTHING to do with the DHS and is about the INDIANA DHS. From your link

Wonder who will notice what you pointed out, and how many people will express outrage without examining the source.
2 people like this

So basically, it's a case of someone being overly officious rather then being overly malicious.

1 person likes this

is there truth in this? it seems its just some guy being upset over everything

Wonder who will notice what you pointed out, and how many people will express outrage without examining the source.

apparently a lot. See the title, express outrage, never notice that it's misplaced.

That would be hard to remember considering he wasn't a member until almost three years after Bush was gone. I couldn't resist looking to my left to uncover that information.

apparently a lot. See the title, express outrage, never notice that it's misplaced.

Lol, you never do that.

1 person likes this

So... it's Indiana's DHS that is now requiring permits for LIVE music performances? I would assume this is for money making venues that require a ticket? .. and draw a CROWD?

I'm guessing their concern is with Crowds? Gatherings of People? Surely Grandma strumming her autoharp at the flower shop would not require a permit?

I recall a recent (past 10 years) tragedy in which an overcrowded club in Rhode Island, I believe, caught fire during a live concert and dozens perished. Perchance this is the kind of thing Indiana DHS is concerned about? Whenever I read the Stockholm-Interpol Warning, in English, French and Spanish, at the beginning of a DVD rental, I automatically look out my front curtains for the DHS SUV with MIB, waiting to slap the cuffs on me because I've charged my buddy a six-pack to watch the library version of "Slapshot.."

What an outlaw. . .

By the way, it is disingenuous, I believe, to blame Joe Biden for the Patriot Act. It was rammed through Congress not only in the wake of 9/11, but also literally during the still unsolved anthrax mailings/scare terror. 'Smokin' Dick Cheney was the tie-breaking president pro-tempore of the Senate then. It has always amazed me that so many American people embrace the wars, the flag-waving, the juvenile jingoistic jihad of "Tha Wer ahn Terra" codified into an art form by codpiece-wearing W in full-flightsuit regalia ("Mission Accomplished?") and Cheney's Big Military Business Minions, leading to the worship of Hummers and snipers, then get irritated at the minutiae. "Strain at a gnat, swallow a camel," the Galilean carpenter-turned-wandering-preacher said.

By the way, it is disingenuous, I believe, to blame Joe Biden for the Patriot Act. It was rammed through Congress not only in the wake of 9/11, but also literally during the still unsolved anthrax mailings/scare terror. 'Smokin' Dick Cheney was the tie-breaking president pro-tempore of the Senate then. It has always amazed me that so many American people embrace the wars, the flag-waving, the juvenile jingoistic jihad of "Tha Wer ahn Terra" codified into an art form by codpiece-wearing W in full-flightsuit regalia ("Mission Accomplished?") and Cheney's Big Military Business Minions, leading to the worship of Hummers™ and snipers, then get irritated at the minutiae. "Strain at a gnat, swallow a camel," the Galilean carpenter-turned-wandering-preacher said.

That is what you can use the Chicken Little effect for... works every time.

Posted (edited)

http://iamnotanonymousblog.com/?p=216

Now you need a freakin permit from DHS to play music at your place of business.

It's been that way over here for many years, dating right back to the 80's from what I know..... I remember working in a clothing store and they had to pay for a licence to play music in their store... I thought it was outrageous,( because I was ignorant as to why this is? ) but from what I was told by the owner, it was law... People over here are used to it, and they don't complain about it, it mustn't cost much...

Here is a little info on that....

If music is ever played on your premises for customers or staff; for example, through radio, TV, CD, MP3 or computer speakers, or at live events, this is considered a ‘public performance’ . The Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 states you need to get permission from the copyright holder to ‘perform’ music in public – and a music licence grants you this permission.

Our licensing is flexible and covers the vast majority of commercial music originating from the UK and all over the world.

Because we have always had this, we are used to it, and it's not a big deal...

​EDIT - We have to pay for a licence to own a TV, many hate it... I had heard of a man who opened his door to the TV licince man, and claimed he didn't own a TV, the TV licence man said - "But sir, you have a satellite dish up ".. To that the man replied - "Yes I do, but I also have milk in my fridge, that doesn't mean I have a cow in my back yard " lol :P

Edited by Beckys_Mom