Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

More media deception, Juror B29

F3SS

This is about juror B29, the one nonwhite juror who supposedly came out on an interview and professed she made the wrong choice and that Zimmerman was guilty. I apologize for calling her an angry minority and for saying she doesn't know the difference between justified killing and murder. The deceptive media tricks US all.

Did ABC News Deceptively Edit Zimmerman Juror’s Controversial Interview? An Unlikely Source Is Calling Them Out

These allegations come not from a conservative news source, but rather from Slate.com.

Here’s his case (emphasis added):

ABC News hasn’t posted a full unedited video or transcript of the interview. The video that has been broadcast—on World News Tonight, Nightline, and Good Morning America—
has been cut and spliced in different ways, often so artfully that the transitions appear continuous. So beware what you’re seeing
. But the video that’s available already shows, on closer inspection, that
Maddy has been manipulated and misrepresented
. Here are the key points.

[...]

The phrase “got away with murder” was put in her mouth. Nightline shows ABC interviewer Robin Roberts asking Maddy: “Some people have said, ‘George Zimmerman got away with murder. How do you respond to those people who say that?’ ” Maddy appears to reply promptly and confidently: “George Zimmerman got away with murder. But you can’t get away from God.” But that’s not quite how the exchange happened. In the unedited video, Roberts’ question is longer, with words that have been trimmed from the Nightline version, and Maddy pauses twice, for several seconds, as she struggles to answer it. “… George Zimmerman … That’s—George Zimmerman got away with murder. But you can’t get away from God.”

You have to watch her, not just read her words, to pick up her meaning. As she struggles to answer, she looks as though she’s trying to reconcile the sentiment that’s been quoted to her—that Zimmerman “got away with murder”—with her own perspective. So she repeats the quote and adds words of her own, to convey what she thinks: that there’s a justice higher than the law, which Zimmerman will have to face.
She thinks he’s morally culpable, not legally guilty

She stands by the verdict: “ABC’s online story about the interview ends with Maddy asking, “Did I go the right way? Did I go the wrong way?” But that’s not the whole quote. In the unedited video, she continues: “I know I went the right way, because by the law and the way it was followed is the way I went. But if I would have used my heart, I probably would have [gone for] a hung jury.”

Saletan also explains that the juror making the distinction that Zimmerman was guilty of “killing” Trayvon Martin, but that’s not the same thing as murder or manslaughter, which requires evidence proving it was malicious and/or intentional.

She thinks the case should have never gone to trial: At one point, Roberts asked the juror “whether the case should have gone to trial,” she replied, “I don’t think so. … I felt like this was a publicity stunt.”

Race wasn’t discussed, and she didn’t focus on it: “When the verdict was announced and she was released from sequestration, she was dismayed to discover the national outrage. ‘I didn’t know how much importance’ was attached to the trial, she says, ‘because I never looked at color. And I still don’t look at color.’”

More:

http://www.theblaze....lling-them-out/

video inside the source, have not been able to watch yet myself

Edited by F3SS
  • Like 6

• Race wasn’t discussed, and she didn’t focus on it: “When the verdict was announced and she was released from sequestration, she was dismayed to discover the national outrage. ‘I didn’t know how much importance’ was attached to the trial, she says, ‘because I never looked at color. And I still don’t look at color.’”

That statement should clear up a lot of the bs about juror manipulation and predisposed bias due to knowledge of the case beforehand. The jury selection process was legit in that the importance of selecting a jury who is previously unaware of the case presented before selection was properly excercized by both the prosecution and the defense in order to avoid the bs mentioned above. The jury was sound and unbiased going in and this trial is a perfect example of the American justice system working as it was meant to be. There are trials of injustice out there but this wasn't one of them.

Edited by F3SS
  • Like 3

I'm not surprised by this. Exactly, why I hate the media....they twist everything, to push their agenda, and make money, and the willing masses, listen to this c****…

• Like 4

That statement should clear up a lot of the bs about juror manipulation and predisposed bias due to knowledge of the case beforehand. The jury selection process was legit in that the importance of selecting a jury who is unaware of the case presented was properly excercized by both the prosecution and the defense in order to avoid the bs mentioned above. The jury was sound and unbiased going in and this trial is a perfect example of the American justice system working as it was meant to be. There are trials of injustice out there but this wasn't one of them.

I agree. They put their emotions aside, and went by the law, which is what you are supposed to do.

I'm not surprised by this. Exactly, why I hate the media....they twist everything, to push their agenda, and make money, and the willing masses, listen to this c****…

Precisely. This is an outrage further showing the irresponsibility and lack of integrity on behalf of the media. They have a five point plan to garner a ratings extravaganza achieved by inciting mass unrest and ultimately violence because face it, nothing gets people to tune into the news more than ongoing footage of chaos and destruction. The worse it is the less tv you'll watch and the more breaking news coverage you'll keep on the tube all day.

• Like 1

And the irony of their angle that the only minority should have been able to help convict him would be funny if it wasn't so awful.

• Like 2

And the irony of their angle that the only minority should have been able to help convict him would be funny if it wasn't so awful.

Even worse is the idea that the minority should have convicted him based solely on the fact that she's a minority. The truly ironic thing is that they think the Hispanic juror is going to be predisposed to automatically convict the white guy. And even more ironic yet is that George is Hispanic. When did the news get into the business of writing fantasy novels? They might as well add dragons into the mix somehow. The Lord of the Rings has more truth in it than the portrayal of this story.

• Like 2

I also don't like that more "pressure" is put onto the minority juror... A "white hispanic" (Gee where have we seen that before?).

I am sad that these women's lives are now going to be ruined by a bunch of "reverse" bigots.

• Like 1

Yes, so often the truth is unpleasant and uncomfortable. In a time of universal deception, speaking the truth is seen as a radical act.

Not the first and not the last to do so, but Zimmerman got away with murder. The jury should be ashamed of itself.

Predictable. The media isn't going to let go of their narrative on this one, even if they have to manufacture it.

What kills me is why anyone is even upset about the verdict given that every legal expert I've seen on TV or read about said the prosecution's case was doomed from the outset.

• Like 4

I hate to show my bias, but once again the money is raked in and once again the money rules. Welcome to mainstream media everybody. This is one of the few areas in society where I have a very strong moral opinion on an issue. It makes me sound one-dimensional, which is why I hate to bring it up, but every time the media has the chance to surprise me and actually present the truth, they instead choose to present what sells papers and garners website views. That is their raison d'etre.

• Like 6