Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What counts as evidence

ReaperS_ParadoX

Iv been on this forum for a little while now and it seems people vary in what they think is decent evidence, because it seems to be different for everyone, and I also was wondering in the skeptics opinion, is there anybody in this field that you feel like you can trust, and don't just see as another nutball?

Edited by R4z3rsPar4d0x

For me acceptable evidence would be seeing it with my own eyes. I'm not particularly well-informed, but if a fifty foot whatever appeared in front of me I'd surely start analysing what I think is real and what is not.

I'd also like to ask, what is "acceptable" in a video? Of course special effects can cover almost anything, but what kind of stuff cannot be that easily debunked?

• Like 1

Iv been on this forum for a little while now and it seems people vary in what they think is decent evidence, because it seems to be different for everyone, and I also was wondering in the skeptics opinion, is there anybody in this field that you feel like you can trust, and don't just see as another nutball?

I think a quick check at the Encyclopedia Britannica or Wikipedia would be a good start.

For Example: Crop Circles

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/1791662/crop-circle

Yeah but you see Tau everyone doesn't consider crop circles as evidence that E.T.'s been here or is here.

Yeah but you see Tau everyone doesn't consider crop circles as evidence that E.T.'s been here or is here.

Oh really? Go read the - evidence - at Encyclopedia Britannica.

EB states some are made by humans.

Okay, great! Oh, BTW ....who is making the other crop circles ???

Oh really? Go read the - evidence - at Encyclopedia Britannica.

Your fights not with me Tau i'm just saying that some don't consider crop circles as evidence that E.T.s have been here. No need to get aggressive

• Like 1

Humans who want people to think aliens are making them.

• Like 1

Crop circles can be pretty artistic, but I don't consider them to be solid proof. I'd have to read more about how they can be made.

Crop circles can be pretty artistic, but I don't consider them to be solid proof. I'd have to read more about how they can be made.

Its pretty simple for a human to do

• Like 1

Yep, I just read how they're made and it's not mystifying at all. You don't need any sort of advanced technology to do them. Sorry, but no. How about showing me an alien baby? An alien baby would be great.

• Like 1

i need to see it feel it smell it, has to be 100 percent physical for me

Great question. Unfortunately, I don't think any researcher that I would trust would study ufology as it would be career suicide. That leaves the kooks and fringe to disseminate info. Obviously something is going on, but until the stigma attached to ufology disappears I fear it will remain an enigma. I am in the field of biomedical research and have encountered 3 people who have passed on info about bodies being recovered at Roswell. 2 were well respected PhDs who were told about the situation from their fathers who were in the Air Force. The other was a commercial pilot. None of these people had any reason to lie. I still work with the 2 PhDs. Their stories never change and what struck me most is the fear they conveyed when they related finding out about the bodies as children. Something happened at Roswell. That I believe.

Your fights not with me Tau i'm just saying that some don't consider crop circles as evidence that E.T.s have been here. No need to get aggressive

I'm just asking a question. That's it.

Why are you getting defensive?

Do you have an answer?

Yep, I just read how they're made and it's not mystifying at all. You don't need any sort of advanced technology to do them. Sorry, but no. How about showing me an alien baby? An alien baby would be great.

One topic at a time. Crop circles can be made by humans. However, the very large and complex crop circles defy an explanation

by the skeptics. The skeptics usually just try to change the subject in order to avoid the truth.

That tactic actually works.................sometimes.

Great question. Unfortunately, I don't think any researcher that I would trust would study ufology as it would be career suicide. That leaves the kooks and fringe to disseminate info. Obviously something is going on, but until the stigma attached to ufology disappears I fear it will remain an enigma. I am in the field of biomedical research and have encountered 3 people who have passed on info about bodies being recovered at Roswell. 2 were well respected PhDs who were told about the situation from their fathers who were in the Air Force. The other was a commercial pilot. None of these people had any reason to lie. I still work with the 2 PhDs. Their stories never change and what struck me most is the fear they conveyed when they related finding out about the bodies as children. Something happened at Roswell. That I believe.

Yes, something did happen at Roswell and the U.S. Military transferred Sergeant Fred Benthal to Antarctica

"to study the effects of cold on pieces of equipment".

I feel sorry for Fred.

Can you imagine his reaction? " I'm being transferred where???!" :no:

Okaaay. What if I gathered a group of, let's say, 6 friends, and together we worked on the design?

Or what if I worked on my crop for more than one night (unless that isn't possible but it doens't seem like it)?

Yes, there IS evidence of humans making crop circles. They even posted YouTube videos of themselves doing it.

However, the Encyclopedia Britannica states "some were made by humans".

That begs the question "who is making the other ones ???"

Just saying.

Other people who keep their mouths shut and dont want it known it was them.

Doh, what else?

• Like 1

The Evidence thread requires a " for example " topic.

Photos

YouTube Videos

Eyewitness Testimony

etc. Get the picture?

Youtube videos? FGS....

A better 'for example'.... would be....

Police investigations. How they do it,

So I go to a police station, and I say "hey man, I just see a ufo land and little green men walk about before blasting off again, they landed on the park".

Now if they took me seriously, how will they investigate it? Its kind of simple really isnt it?

Oh, okay.

I'm not overly interested in UFO's, even if I think aliens are more likely to exist than cryptids.

What sort of proof outside crop circles, videos, photos and abduction testimonies exist?

Youtube videos? FGS....

A better 'for example'.... would be....

Police investigations. How they do it,

So I go to a police station, and I say "hey man, I just see a ufo land and little green men walk about before blasting off again, they landed on the park".

Now if they took me seriously, how will they investigate it? Its kind of simple really isnt it?

UFOs - Evidence

Photo?

YouTube Video?

Eyewitness Testimony ?

Which has the most credibility?

UFOs - Evidence

Photo?

YouTube Video?

Eyewitness Testimony ?

Which has the most credibility?

dude we have told you this before many times! you tube videos are far from credible! if a legit crop circle existed it would be plasterd all over the news! gosh

• Like 1

Oh, okay.

I'm not overly interested in UFO's, even if I think aliens are more likely to exist than cryptids.

What sort of proof outside crop circles, videos, photos and abduction testimonies exist?

There appears to be real proof of UFOs next to Papoose Dry Lake, Area 51.

You just have to make it past the Cammo Dudes. ( Wackenhut Security)

dude we have told you this before many times! you tube videos are far from credible! if a legit crop circle existed it would be plasterd all over the news! gosh

Yes, that's why i gave you a few examples. Calm down and add other examples if you want to.

are those aliens talking to you again tau?

• Like 1