Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How to make a legit Ghost photo/video

Brian Topp

So you want to know how to catch a ghost huh?

WELCOME TO THE THUNDERDOME!

1. When taking pictures, always turn flash off, also move your camera around while taking photos.

2. Have people move around in the room, jump up and down, kick the ground, shake pillows or blankets, take photos with the flash is on while doing this. This catches orbs.

3. Use voice recorders and tamper with the speed of the recording. Once you altered the file to make a noise, make sure you tell people what you hear!

4. When video recording, always point the camera away from the ghost and always, always run away when we get a very brief glance.

5. alter photos or paintings and claim they are ghosts.

6. if some one smoking, take a photo, that might be a ghost. Remember to tell every one no one was smoking.

7. When video editing, always edit out all the boring bits, including what happens after you see the ghost.

8. Ghosts like turning the power on and off and use string to move objects.

9. Do not bother with research on why it's haunted, use your mind eye to imagine a story.

10. Things falling over in the dark is always a ghost! gravity and vibrations do not have any thing to do with it.

11. Ghosts only take to real ghost hunters or self declared physics. For ghost hunters you need your team logo on your head and jacket.

You caught a ghost now what?

1. Post it on every paranormal forum you can either argue your claims with people who use these useless tools like commonsense and rationalism or you can just post once and vanish.

2. Declare you have divine powers in your posts because doing so makes the evidence more legitimate.

3. always type with out any paragraphs and do not be shy telling them every thing you did and skip parts that are important.

4. use random links to prove you point, reading those links yourself is pointless.

5. offer tours for money.

There you go!

Edited by Brian Topp
  • Like 7

I see what you did, there.

Oddly enough, I don't think we need this guide, as it seems every ghost video I've ever seen has already read a similar How-To guide. ;)

Thanks for posting this, I needed a laugh! :tsu:

• Like 3

Spot on ! :clap: (#5 and 6 are my favorites!)

Edited by phantasia
  • Like 2

Thanks, now I know how to become rich.

I wonder, though: have persons doing the last 5 points of the guide been here?

Thanks, now I know how to become rich.

I wonder, though: have persons doing the last 5 points of the guide been here?

Often and daily, especially during the American school holidays/vacations.

• Like 2

I feel the imperious need to check out such claims. Do they all gather in the "Sightings and Experiences" subforum?

You find them every where on the paranormal, ufo, cryptics etc

• Like 2

Dammit I will make my fake ghost crawlspace photo tonight. I've been planning it for too long.

• Like 2

Perfect. I used to have a thread here explaining how to catch pictures of orbs.

Unless you're a weakened, amorphous will-o'-the-wisp, I don't think you look like an idiot at all (probably because I can't see you). Mind sharing how you're doing it? Shaking the flashlight?

I kinda like this one! That's me acting all scared in my crawlspace. Note the CAT5 cable I installed.

post-108987-0-10950700-1374991499_thumb.

Unless you're a weakened, amorphous will-o'-the-wisp, I don't think you look like an idiot at all (probably because I can't see you). Mind sharing how you're doing it? Shaking the flashlight?

I have a 5D Mark II on a tripod and a flash. I'm triggering it with a Pocket Wizard remote trigger. I also have a bicycle light stuck between my knees and aimed on my face. I triggered one shot without me in it then I crawled up there and took about twenty shots of me adjusting the light and making various scary faces. I'm underexposing so noise will (I hope) cover any unintentional details.

I took the two images and merged them in GIMP, simple as that. Getting the opacity of the "ghost" layer is very critical so I don't look real.

It's not clear in the photo, but my mouth is covered in black plastic. I may try to do the "Amityville Ghost Boy" effect with two pieces of aluminum foil.

• Like 2

Wow, I didn't think photos needed such setups. I can't manipulate a picture to save my life, so it's difficult for me to understand how this stuff is made.

What is the crawlspace, by the way?

I'm sure there are easier ways. I'm trying to use all the photography equipment I own.

The crawlspace (an American term I think) is small unfinished area under the first floor. It's usually just dirt covered with plastic to keep moisture from rising into the house. It's where you run the plumbing, electrical and (now) networking cables.

*headdesk*

I thought crawlspace was a word you used to refer to it because it was creepy. My first thought was "crawl=creepy!") I should go educate myself some more.

*another headdesk*

Thanks for the explanations.

Here's the original uncropped photo that would be used to set up the story, i.e. "OMG! I took photos of the crawlspace of an old house I may buy today. When I came home I couldn't believe it but there was this horrible frightening face in one of them! It must be haunted!"

post-108987-0-09439300-1374994146_thumb.

2. Have people move around in the room, jump up and down, kick the ground, shake pillows or blankets, take photos with the flash is on while doing this. This catches orbs.

When you do catch orbs, be sure to tell everyone that it is most definitely not dust or bugs, because your house has absolutely no dust or bugs in it. It's as pure and clean as a scientific cleanroom.
  • Like 3

Wow, I didn't think photos needed such setups. I can't manipulate a picture to save my life, so it's difficult for me to understand how this stuff is made.

What is the crawlspace, by the way?

That's another good one to use. "I have no idea how to manipulate a photo!"

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 2

That's another good one to use. "I have no idea how to manipulate a photo!"

Well it did take me about fifteen minutes to figure out how to merge two images in GIMP.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Perfect. I used to have a thread here explaining how to catch pictures of orbs.

oohhh...you mean go anywhere with dust and take flash photography? i must be a clairvoyant because i have never even read that thread!

oohhh...you mean go anywhere with dust and take flash photography? i must be a clairvoyant because i have never even read that thread!

Pretty much. Though the example I used was outside on a foggy night. Best part was someone saw the streetlight in the background and asked when I'd be en abducted by aliens.

• Like 3

LMAO, Brian you're the best! You need a tv channel.

• Like 1