Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

need to know what im dealing with

Jess_1012

so i just signed up for this site cause im looking for answers, since i was 15 ive been dealing with something paranormal. My first experience i was in my room getting ready for bed, it was late about 2 am and i i heard someone walking around but couldnt find where the sound was coming from, i checked my parents and my sisters room and they were all asleep, i went back to my room and by then it had stopped so i thought it was just me, i continued about my business and then there was knocking on my door i saw a shadow underneath so i opened it expecting to see one of family members but noone was there. i didnt go to bed that night until the sun came up, since then whenever im alone or up late at night lights go on and off on their own my tv goes on and off ill see things out of the corner of my eye constantly feel like im being watched but what scares me the most is the whispering, it only happens right before i fall asleep and its always the same 3 things, its either 2 people arguing but i can never make out what theyre saying, ill hear music or it calls for me always in a different voice but always someone i recognize like my mother or my boyfriend and it says jess come here and if i ignore it the whisper sounds almost angry so i tell it to go away and leave me alone. Now ive moved 3 times since my first experience so i know whatever it is it has attached itself to me, i almost wanna get up sometimes and see where it wants me to go but fear takes over and i just yell at it, does anyone know what it could be

• Like 2

so i just signed up for this site cause im looking for answers, since i was 15 ive been dealing with something paranormal. My first experience i was in my room getting ready for bed, it was late about 2 am and i i heard someone walking around but couldnt find where the sound was coming from, i checked my parents and my sisters room and they were all asleep,

Jess, You had me with "so I opened the door, expecting my sisters.....That is the way mine happened. And I have said multiple times, didn't even scare me then...I have moved multiple times since then although that sound, touch escalated in that house it did not follow me to the next.

I know you will get so many negative responses, I just wanted to give you a positive one. Stay open to a solution....maybe a piece of furniture, a teenage kid who is upset, just stay open..and if it continues, write it down, just for yourself.

Edited by Duncansmom
  • Like 1

You could try a Priest/Pastor/Minister/Rabbi/Imam... Can't hurt, right? They usually will come over and pray for free...

Some people will tell you it is all psychological, but as a Christian, I believe there is some bad metaphysical stuff running around out there and many times everyday people need help getting rid of it.

Going to couciling or a psychologist is a waste of time in my opinion... unless you have (unrelated) problems with a family member or boyfriend.... But, for ghosts counciling is not going to work.

• Like 1

when this starts again a Priest told me to say these words.."Pax vorbiscum et tu spiritu sanctum", it works for me,and you get a sense of calm.

Are you currently taking any prescription pain medication? I take it regularly for my back, and if I happen to take it too late in the day, I get auditory hallucinations just prior to going to sleep -- people calling my name, cymbals crashing, and the like. My dreams are also extremely vivid.

Are you currently taking any prescription pain medication? I take it regularly for my back, and if I happen to take it too late in the day, I get auditory hallucinations just prior to going to sleep -- people calling my name, cymbals crashing, and the like. My dreams are also extremely vivid.

Agree with this. If not, has your family any history of suffering from mental illnesses? Has anybody else experienced the same you have?

• Like 1

Most of what has happened with you in the past and happening with you occasionally is occurring mostly when you are alone at night and when others are fast asleep. Lights dimming or flickering on & off, footsteps in the hallway, knocking at the door at night which only you can hear. whispering voices and so on...it's ok so far as long as you put all your effort into not fearing it. Your emotional state of mind and your fear of the dark doesn't help the situation either. As long as it hasn't gotten physical with you yet, you'll be alright. Should it start becoming physical with you, by holding you down or as if someone is choking you, immediately recite the lord's prayer by saying it or repeating it within your mind. You will need to seek out those who understand what you're going through and who are able to help you with this. Most likely you will need to have someone come in and bless the home you're in at this time. I believe you may have some unwanted guests that haven't moved on yet. Take Care and God Bless.

You could try a Priest/Pastor/Minister/Rabbi/Imam... Can't hurt, right? They usually will come over and pray for free...

Some people will tell you it is all psychological, but as a Christian, I believe there is some bad metaphysical stuff running around out there and many times everyday people need help getting rid of it.

Going to couciling or a psychologist is a waste of time in my opinion... unless you have (unrelated) problems with a family member or boyfriend.... But, for ghosts counciling is not going to work.

Some people will tell you these have religious connotations , but as an Agnostic, I believe there are more rational explanations.

Going to see Priest/Pastor/Minister/Rabbi/Imam is a waste of time in my opinion and could have dangerous consequences if underlying mental health issues are left untreated. Auditory and visual hallucinations are a common indicators of Schizophrenia.

I would recommend speaking to a Psychiatrist/Psychologist/GP to see whether you have any mental health issues especially if there is a history of such illness in your family.

Edited by watoom

I would recommend speaking to a Psychiatrist/Psychologist/GP to see whether you have any mental health issues especially if there is a history of such illness in your family.

You have a point that if there is a family history of mental illness, that should not be ignored.

I'd probably do both. As long as I had insurance to pay the $300 an hour Shrink bills.

You don't need a priest or a doctor. images and sounds just before sleeping and weakening are very common, you are simply experiencing some hypnagogic and hypotomic ocurances. Try some meditation to calm yourself and get more sleep. Usually strenuous exercise like running will help you skip some of these I between ocurances. Let me know if I can be of assistance.

I know it can be scary when you feel like you cant relax because you feel like your constantly under attack. But I generally got to the point where I would just force myself to go to sleep and try to ignore it, or even just be kind of sarcastic like ok well their at it again.. :P

Before I moved out of mums she was living in this renervated net loft. But I have to say at this point its not the age of the building..pretty much everywhere we have ever lived there has been activity but they just seem to follow mum where ever she goes. Anyway, I really hated it when my sister wasnt home as we shared a bed room because nearly every night Id spend alone there I would experience something, Id be woken in the night to heavy footsteps coming towards me, feeling like Im being watched, one night I woke up to rustling sounds and thought at first it was mum stood next to my bed, half asleep I said what are you doing in here its so late, and what ever it was vanished, My sister has also experinced footsteps and even thinks she woke up to something staring at her. She wont talk about it. It didnt just happen at night either we would all be in the living room in the day watching tv and hear someone run up the stairs and know one would be there. Generally that was a creepy place. But we also lived in a really new house before that and had similar things happen to us all. The way I see it is that if what we are experiencing is real then its probaly just people. People with nothing better to do than try and scare other people..I generally have found meditation and being relaxed open minded tends to help, and basically just put out happy feelings as much as you can.

Meditation, Prayer, or a doctor... What works BEST is going to depend on your background.

24625331.jpg

24625331.jpg

Did you READ my other posts Mr Topp?

Is going to a Shrink your advice to someone haunted by Ghosts? It could well be. But actually posting your opinion would be less like a troll then posting a troll pic.