Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Indianapolis: Church Bus Crash Kills Three

Beckys_Mom

Indianapolis: Church Bus Crash Kills Three

Three people were killed and 26 injured when a bus carrying mostly teens from a church camp crashed in Indianapolis.

A total of 37 people, including adults, were on board the bus, which was on its way back to an Indianapolis church when it crashed.

Witnesses said the bus came speeding off of an interstate highway on Saturday afternoon, struck a retaining wall as it tried to round a curve and overturned.

Local station WTHR-TV reported the bus driver told witnesses his brakes failed.

Read more on this - http://news.sky.com/...ash-kills-three

The article mentions - The dead included youth pastor Chad Phelps and his wife, Courtney Phelps. The couple were expecting their second child next month.

That is so sad...This means their other child is left without parents and a new sibling that was due in a few weeks...The Article says three killed but as she was about to give birth in a few weeks, I personally count that as the fourth...

It seems we are hearing a lot about public transport crashes these days... It was only the other day we learned of a train crashing, killing over 70 odd people...

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 1

So.....because they were coming back from church camp they were 'doomed"?....I fail to see the relevancy or importance...accidents happen. It's a tragedy anytime that a young person loses their life....but your point is???????

So.....because they were coming back from church camp they were 'doomed"?..

Who said that? I never noticed this in the article, and I never said it in my OP......Are you reading something completely different?

.but your point is???????

I wasn't making a point, I merely posted a news article that I saw today on Sky News. UM is full of them.... Good grief *Sigh* ...

I guess posting a news article on UM now constitutes of making some wacky point? ..It's just another news article.. !!

Edited by Beckys_Mom

Well...sort of...on boards like this...."most" people are trying to make a point.....I apologize if I misinterpreted your intent....

It is sad....anytime a parent has to bury a child....the world weeps just a little....

• Like 1

Well...sort of...on boards like this...."most" people are trying to make a point.....I apologize if I misinterpreted your intent....

It is sad....anytime a parent has to bury a child....the world weeps just a little....

Thank you for the apology, much appreciated ..

No, I wasn't making any point.. I saw it on Sky News, and when I heard the poor woman was killed right before she was due to give birth to her second child, it brought back memories of myself loosing my own second child a few weeks before she ( my daughter ) was due to be born.. In a way, the story touched me.

• Like 1

No word on whether the Villiage People will protest the funeral.

I doubt they are related the the WBC Phelps... I think it's just a coincidence that they just happen to belong to a baptist church with the same surname...

Why so many church bus accidents, I wonder. Maybe they are just widely reported on the news.

Why so many church bus accidents, I wonder. Maybe they are just widely reported on the news.

Less money to pay professional drivers, willing but inexperienced volunteers, under-regulated church transportation, signs of the time?

All in all, a terrible tragedy.

I've often wondered how the good church going folk come to terms with tragedies such as this.

Typcially you hear the age old "God works in mysterious ways" baloney.

Sad story. I hope more churches start ti inspect their vehicles more often. Many times, there is a member of the church who will do it free or at a much discounted price.

• Like 1