Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

It's getting worse.

Lmlara

Ok I need help sorting through so much that I have decided to turn to you all for help. Since I can remember I have sensed discomfort or uneasiness in rooms or around people, slowly it progressed to seeing shadows and hearing steps and noises, then as a teenager I seem my first apparition of a lil boy. I think I startled him actually, he dropped by box of mixed tapes, woke me up and I yelled. These experiences have occurred over my 35 years of age very sporadic at several of our homes but over the last 4 years, I've felt under attack. I have what I believe to be a strong faith and always ask for protection but lately I see more shadows and my dreams have been more frightening. My dreams are vivid and I feel that serve as a warning. I don't know if Ive attracted something but I find that hard to believe. My daughter told me that she can't sleep now because she see a black figure in her room. I refuse to be frightened by this but I'm worried for the kids. They have never had to encounter this before. I do cleansings on the house but lately I'm just to tired or to angry to do anything. Is this all in my head? There is so much more that could probably help make more sense of this all.

Do you suffer from insomnia? You mention being tired and angry. Insomnia can lead to all manner of mild to severe hallucinations, and if you are at wit's end, your children will likely pick up on that. If mama is upset about the haints then they must be real and scary. How old are they?

While I do not believe in hauntings , spectres, or demons. i do believe that there are people who are especially sensitive to their environments and those around them. I do believe this trait can be passed down through nature, nurture or a combination of the two. My, admittedly worthless, advice is to take a vacation, try and relax and try not to stress out your little ones.

• Like 1

Sounds like anxiety to me, mixed with other issues. I would reach out to a Doctor if I were you. What you have going can be helped, and a good start would be looking where we know there are true answers. ( Doctors )

Asking for advice in a Paranormal site is fine, but it can just make your matters worse. " Watering the seed " you have planted in your head.

Please see a Doctor and say this exact thing to him or her, hell, print it out and give it to him or her.

Come back here with results :)

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 3

Although I can appreciate the concern for my psychological well being, I can assure I am quite sane. I do not suffer from insomnia, hallucinations, or any psychosis for that matter. There is no family history is psychosis, I as I mentioned my mood was recently effected. My children know nothing of this and I would not dare mention it to them to avoid "planting a seed". I'm a healthcare professional and avoid jeopardizing my profession I will avoid that all together. I turned to a paranormal site for a paranormal open approach not to be insulted. Thank you

Sounds like anxiety to me, mixed with other issues. I would reach out to a Doctor if I were you. What you have going can be helped, and a good start would be looking where we know there are true answers. ( Doctors )

Asking for advice in a Paranormal site is fine, but it can just make your matters worse. " Watering the seed " you have planted in your head.

Please see a Doctor and say this exact thing to him or her, hell, print it out and give it to him or her.

Come back here with results :)

How about not giving your self a good bill of health and go to visit your doctor.

Although I can appreciate the concern for my psychological well being, I can assure I am quite sane. I do not suffer from insomnia, hallucinations, or any psychosis for that matter. There is no family history is psychosis, I as I mentioned my mood was recently effected. My children know nothing of this and I would not dare mention it to them to avoid "planting a seed". I'm a healthcare professional and avoid jeopardizing my profession I will avoid that all together. I turned to a paranormal site for a paranormal open approach not to be insulted. Thank you

Never new suggesting someone get a professionals advice is insulting.

I would normally say more, but I will just leave this at that. Enjoy your conversations here.

• Like 2

I fail to see where anyone insulted you in any way. You even asked ,"Is this all in my head?" Why are you upset when someone says that it just might be and your behavior -- knowing or unknowing -- could affect your children?

Are you seeking some magic ritual that goes beyond your faith and cleansing rituals? I'm sure someone could provide you with one, but who is to say that an "ancient native American ritual to banish evil spirits" will be any more effective than they ones you have already tried? It seems, at least from the limited amount of information you have shared, that the only thing you haven't tried is the mundane solution of rest, relaxation and the help of a counselor or other medical professional.

Edited by DystOpt
  • Like 1

Something similar happened to me. I thought I was sane and that it was some sort of bored poltergeist harassing me, but let me tell you it was all in my head. I was always scared, heard things, etc. After I begun thinking I wasn't really in any danger, and accepted that it was most likely my mind playing tricks (both sides of my family have a history of mental illnesses), it all went away. A miracle!

I'm with the others, go see a doctor.

• Like 1

Children are a lot more perceptive than you think. You don't ever have to say anything, you can even wear a plastic smile but they know...they ALWAYS know. (evil laugh)

Anyways I think that what you could try doing is distancing yourself from the emotional reactions from your dreams. The more you obsess the more twisted and confusing your dreams will become.

I think our dreams are much like attention seeking kids, the more attention you pay to their antics, the more they ham it up. Same thing with our brains, the more attention you devote to your dreams, the more they will spiral out of control.

Don't seek meaning to your dreams, ignore them. Shrug it off as irrelevant. Even tell yourself forcefully that you are not going to pay attention or get upset in your dreams.

Pay attention to what you read, watch or listen to at night. Even be mindful of your thoughts as they too can influence the brains processes.

Rely on logic and the mundane to explain things rather than anything paranormal. Jumping on the paranormal bandwagon right off hand is the worst thing you can do.

• Like 1

First of all, you cannot expect answers from those who have "nada" experience concerning these matters as they'll point you straight to a doctor who is just as clueless and who'll turn around and offer you medication at a drop of a hat. You need to seek out those who've experienced these type of things.

Those who can help you will know right off the bat what's going on with you, without you having ever to mention anything. When one is sensitive such as yourself, you will not only attract (due to your energy) things you sometimes cannot see, but can hear or feel, but, you will also attract those (other people like yourself) into your life quite easily. Another thing, dispel the fear within you, believe with all your heart & soul that you're in control, and recite the lord's prayer if you feel the need too. Take care & God Bless You!

• Like 1

I think s/he should eliminate the possibility of a mental illness first.

That's the problem in some 'exorcisms': the victim is actually suffering from some sort of schizophrenia and needs to see a doctor, but the family keeps him/her at the house, and hopes a priest will solve the solution, resulting in severe damage to him/herself, and sometimes death.

In my opinion, for the OP's own wellbeing, it's better to see a psychiatrist first.

As she is a healthcare professional, I can't imagine how suggesting she visit a healthcare professional is insulting.

I noticed she said a ghost of a little boy woke her up. Can't we classify nearly every 'apparition' immediately upon waking as dream residue or ye olde sleep paralysis now? Unless the ghost hangs around and tries picking up the mix tapes and listening to some 80s music with you?

• Like 1

then as a teenager I seem my first apparition of a lil boy. I think I startled him actually, he dropped by box of mixed tapes, woke me up and I yelled.

I found this odd, as well. The sequence of events doesn't make sense. He dropped her box of mix tapes to wake her up, but he dropped the box because she startled him. Or did her yelling startle him? And what actually woke her up? And what would a ghost boy want with mix tapes????? :unsure2: Hope he has a ghostly tape player.

• Like 1

I found this odd, as well. The sequence of events doesn't make sense. He dropped her box of mix tapes to wake her up, but he dropped the box because she startled him. Or did her yelling startle him? And what actually woke her up? And what would a ghost boy want with mix tapes????? :unsure2: Hope he has a ghostly tape player.

And, what was on the mixed tapes?

• Like 2

Ok I need help sorting through so much that I have decided to turn to you all for help. Since I can remember I have sensed discomfort or uneasiness in rooms or around people, slowly it progressed to seeing shadows and hearing steps and noises, then as a teenager I seem my first apparition of a lil boy. I think I startled him actually, he dropped by box of mixed tapes, woke me up and I yelled. These experiences have occurred over my 35 years of age very sporadic at several of our homes but over the last 4 years, I've felt under attack. I have what I believe to be a strong faith and always ask for protection but lately I see more shadows and my dreams have been more frightening. My dreams are vivid and I feel that serve as a warning. I don't know if Ive attracted something but I find that hard to believe. My daughter told me that she can't sleep now because she see a black figure in her room. I refuse to be frightened by this but I'm worried for the kids. They have never had to encounter this before. I do cleansings on the house but lately I'm just to tired or to angry to do anything. Is this all in my head? There is so much more that could probably help make more sense of this all.

I don't know if you're still reading, Lmlara, but I've shared some personal issues on UM recently and I can assure you--folks are responding in your best interest. As a healthcare professional you know how important it is to do a differential diagnosis, and set aside/eliminate somatic concerns before delving further. I'm a helping professional myself, and, believe me, there are many intelligent and caring people who read and comment on these threads.

It may seem counter-intuitive to seek input from a paranormal site and get re-directed to practitioners of traditional Western medicine, but it is the safest and most prudent course. I---and I'm sure many, many others---wish you and your family well.

• Like 2

Thread cleaned, Sakari and markprice take it to PM's

Thread cleaned, Sakari and markprice take it to PM's

Either I missed something or it is against the rules to turn the tables; can't see the value in a private conversation about this.

nevermind....PM sent, to both.

Edited by Sakari

I used to have a ton of nightmares every night. A couple years ago I began to have serious nightmares, the type where I would all of a sudden get up with my entire body drenched in sweat.

Strangely it was often a similar experience: I would be climbing the stairs when quickly wind would surround me. Then I'd wake up wide-eyed and scared out of my wits at 4 AM in the morning.

It sounds stupid now, but in those days I absolutely feared getting rest. I would try the craziest sleeping techniques to avoid having dreams, but I always forfeited the battle against my urge to sleep.

Anyways following a serious nightmare I decided to browsing StumbleUpon in search of potential cures when I noticed the phenomenon of lucid dreams. I noticed tons electronic "lessons" with tons techniques for lucid dreaming. Nevertheless, after attempting them strategies for around two months I continued to have no control over my nightmares. I then discovered an online blog on one guide: http://www.reviewspanel.com/lucid-dreaming-fast-track/ - and because of resentment bought it. Doing so was a really smart decision. After around three months I observed strong containment over my nightmares. My experience makes me believe that my success was due to the powerful sound cues in the Lucid Dreaming Fast Track product.

In any case, that's all I have to offer.

I used to have a ton of nightmares every night. A couple years ago I began to have serious nightmares, the type where I would all of a sudden get up with my entire body drenched in sweat.

Strangely it was often a similar experience: I would be climbing the stairs when quickly wind would surround me. Then I'd wake up wide-eyed and scared out of my wits at 4 AM in the morning.

It sounds stupid now, but in those days I absolutely feared getting rest. I would try the craziest sleeping techniques to avoid having dreams, but I always forfeited the battle against my urge to sleep.

Anyways following a serious nightmare I decided to browsing StumbleUpon in search of potential cures when I noticed the phenomenon of lucid dreams. I noticed tons electronic "lessons" with tons techniques for lucid dreaming. Nevertheless, after attempting them strategies for around two months I continued to have no control over my nightmares. I then discovered an online blog on one guide: http://www.reviewspa...ing-fast-track/ - and because of resentment bought it. Doing so was a really smart decision. After around three months I observed strong containment over my nightmares. My experience makes me believe that my success was due to the powerful sound cues in the Lucid Dreaming Fast Track product.

In any case, that's all I have to offer.

Sounds like an advertisement but you need to add, but wait theres more.