Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
questionmark

Is your dog happy to see you?

6 posts in this topic

While most dog owners will recognise their pet’s wagging tail as a sign of joy, they may also want to pay more attention to their animal’s face the next time they walk in through the front door.

Animal behaviour experts have found the animals’ emotions are betrayed by specific facial movements that can reveal whether your dog really is pleased to see you.

Using high-speed cameras, the researchers tracked the changes in the faces of dogs in the moments they were reunited with their owners or when meeting a stranger for the first time.

Read more

2 people like this

awsome! this is a really cool post

Very interesting.

I can remember not so long ago that even to suggest that dogs had facial expressions was to invite sceptical criticism, "No, that's just projection and anthropomorphization."

Progress is welcome, and the dog pictures are sweet. Thank you for posting this.

i do believe they have all kinds of facial expressions

Posted (edited)

Another reason for the different responses:

Seeing their owners the dogs may have hoped "remove these annoying things on my face"

And seeing another stranger the dogs may have thought "not more darn things stuck to my face"

Edited by QuiteContrary

Intresting post but its obvious that dogs make facial expressions to portray emotions. My dog tends to hop on her hind legs wildly while panting and is wide eyes whenever I come home, but when she's not in the mood she lets me know by lowering her head and stareing up at me in a very serious manner. Dogs have many ways to let their owners know how they feel