Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
seeder

MI6 and MI5 refuse to use Lenovo computers

9 posts in this topic

MI6 and MI5 'refuse to use Lenovo computers' over claims Chinese company makes them vulnerable to hacking

Lenovo - the largest PC producer in the world - is indirectly backed by the Chinese state

Britain’s intelligence agencies, including MI6 and MI5, have allegedly banned the use of computers manufactured by Chinese company Lenovo due to concerns that the machines come hardwired with a vulnerability to hacking.

Machines produced by the state-backed technology company, which is the largest PC producer in the world, are claimed to have been found in tests by MI5 and GCHQ to have modifications in their circuitry which could allow remote access to the devices without the owners’ knowledge.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/mi6-and-mi5-refuse-to-use-lenovo-computers-over-claims-chinese-company-makes-them-vulnerable-to-hacking-8737072.html

Posted (edited)

Yeh, like we are surprised... in fact, if you have sensitive data you may want to try to build your own... 'cause I could not name any manufacturer I would trust nowadays.

Edited by questionmark

This is what happens when our Governments are fixated on this absurd idea of the "Global economy".

Just when I thought it was safe to go back in the water. . .

My "play computer" was built by someone I trust, thank goodness.

Yeh, like we are surprised... in fact, if you have sensitive data you may want to try to build your own... 'cause I could not name any manufacturer I would trust nowadays.

Who makes the motherboard? The biggest motherboard manufacturers are Taiwanese companies (Asus, Gigabyte, Biostar, MSI) and a lot of their fabrication facilities are in mainland China nowadays.

Are you sure your board didn't come from a Chinese fab, or are you sure it has exactly the same circuitry as one manufactured elsewhere?

1 person likes this

Who makes the motherboard? The biggest motherboard manufacturers are Taiwanese companies (Asus, Gigabyte, Biostar, MSI) and a lot of their fabrication facilities are in mainland China nowadays.

Are you sure your board didn't come from a Chinese fab, or are you sure it has exactly the same circuitry as one manufactured elsewhere?

So China makes things on behalf of Taiwainese companies? Wouldn't that be rather like N. Korea making things on behalf of S. Korean companies?

Anyway, this is all a bit paranoid, isn't it. Unless we think that China is incorporating surveillance software on behalf of the NSA and CIA.

Ever heard of the classical modular assembly on bus boards? No need for Chinese to get a 4 layer contacted board.

So China makes things on behalf of Taiwainese companies? Wouldn't that be rather like N. Korea making things on behalf of S. Korean companies?

Anyway, this is all a bit paranoid, isn't it. Unless we think that China is incorporating surveillance software on behalf of the NSA and CIA.

You will be surprised... there is something called the Industrial complex Kaesong