Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Oetzi: 'Curse of the Iceman'

Still Waters

The seventh person connected to the discovery of a prehistoric man found in the Alps has died, adding to the legend of a curse behind the ancient warrior.

That a 63-year-old man should die of natural causes would normally raise few eyebrows. But when that man was a scientist connected to the discovery of a 5,300-year-old frozen corpse known as Oetzi the Iceman -- and the seventh such person to die within a year -- talk about a curse is inevitable.

http://www.dw.de/cur...death/a-1765550

• Like 1

I've never heard about this before. Definitely interesting, to say the least....

• Like 1

Really? Why would he put a curse on people who might possibly find his carcass hundreds of years in the future? Would someone who was dying in the cold and of terrible wounds do such a thing? It's inconceivable to me where they came up with this theory.

the article linked does a pretty good job of dismissing any "curse", even if the writer wasn't trying to. it's sad, sure, but it says that he was already ill before he died, from a chronic illness.

Poor wee Oetzi. He's been prodded and probed more times than Lindsey Lohan.

Ahahahah, what a bunch of idiotic assumptions!

I know well one of the leading Italian archaeologists who studied Oetzi, and she's fine (well I hope I'm not t casting her hoodoo)!

And obviously never believed in such a think (it's the first time I hear about it).

Anyway, the article is well written, what they say looks almost legit

Everyone reading this thread will also die.

• Like 1

Otzi was found 22 years ago: it's only natural that scientists senior enough to be given a shot at studying him then would be getting on a bit now.

Edited by PersonFromPorlock