Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mother gives birth to a girl weighing 13lb4oz

Still Waters

A baby weighing almost a stone and measuring 22.6 inches long has been born in Germany.

Baby Jasleen arrived on July 26 and weighed a massive 13.47 pounds.

Babies her size are usually born via a caesarean section, she was born naturally.

http://www.dailymail...-C-section.html

• Like 2

holy wack that had to hurt

• Like 2

"OH MY LORD"!

• Like 2

thats crazy i feel so much empathy for the female race

• Like 1

I saw this on another site......wow

one of the comments was.... that's like giving birth to a three year old...ouch

• Like 2

holy wack that had to hurt

No kidding, Sherlock....

:)

• Like 1

She starts school next week!

LOL! another epic from EL

• Like 1

She starts school next week!

LOL...

:)

• Like 1

And I thought my son was big at a little over 10 pounds! I had a C-section with him...can't even imagine delivering a 13 pound baby naturally *shudder*.

• Like 1

And I thought my son was big at a little over 10 pounds! I had a C-section with him...can't even imagine delivering a 13 pound baby naturally *shudder*.

shudder indeed

• Like 1

How many kilos is that?

6.11kg

Damn i'm glad im a man. Have a look at the picture of the baby, that just does not seem possible. That's one tough woman!

• Like 1

my daughter is 2 and she ways about 20 not far off

scratch that just got corrected she weighs about 16-17

Goodness me...That was almost a stone weight... My husbands grandfather was born - 14lbs ( 14 lbs = a stone ) ... I gave birth and my two weighed Becky - 8.14lbs Aaron 7.4lbs

My baby boy was really chubby for a while, until he took his first steps, and now is walking a lot more each day, he is always on his feet, outside playing, and he is not looking as chubby any more...

Edited by Beckys_Mom

QUOTE-

Babies her size are usually born via a caesarean section, she was born naturally.

naturally?!

NATURALLY??!!

the woman must have a clunge like a welly top!

her poor, poor husband.....

:-o

• Like 1

I gave birth and my two weighed Becky - 8.14lbs Aaron 7.4lbs

twins BM....?

6.11kg

Damn i'm glad im a man. Have a look at the picture of the baby, that just does not seem possible. That's one tough woman!

You can say that again. That's some heavy... baby. I wonder what the mother had eaten...

Just read the article again and noticed this...

The mother, who gave birth at University Hospital in Leipzig, discovered she had a previously undiagnosed case of gestational diabetes which can lead to a larger than usual birth weight

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2381280/Mother-gives-birth-bouncing-baby-girl-weighing-13lb4oz-WITHOUT-C-section.html#ixzz2aa67nOTP

So that explains the huge baby... I was wondering why it was so big, and now its clear... They tested me along with everyone else for gestational diabetes when I was mid term pregnant with Aaron... After a few tests, they said my blood test were great and it was all clear, but another doctor insisted I had it regardless ..She claimed that although my pregnancy weight and the pregnancy was going great, I wasn't overly big at the time, but that I could all of a sudden develop gestational diabetes due to the fact that my last baby died so late in the pregnancy, apparently that is one of the reasons why I was tested...I just didn't understand...

Another doctor was stumped as to why I was still being tested after the all clear? . I gave birth to Aaron, and he was only just 7lbs4, and afterwards they took another test and Aaron and I were both clear..

twins BM....?

No, Becky is 7 years old and Aaron is almost 15 months now..

• Like 1

I wonder what the mother had eaten...

everything by the sound of it Mikko!!

• Like 1

QUOTE-

naturally?!

NATURALLY??!!

the woman must have a clunge like a welly top!

her poor, poor husband.....

I know, I cannot imagine trying to give birth to something so huge... I was in agony giving birth to Aaron at just over 7lbs, and it stung like a B£"%**$ lol

Aww poor baby, its not her fault, gestational diabetes happens more than we think, in fact I was told it was common for so many mothers...I hope all gets well and good from here on in...

• Like 2

Aww poor baby, its not her fault, gestational diabetes happens more than we think,

so, does that mean the baby was born with diabetes then, or the mother developed diabetes?

Edited by shrooma
  • Like 1