Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
puzzled1

paranormal or ?

5 posts in this topic

This past summer a few friends and I decided to go check out this old abandon house located approx. 50 yards behind a family cemetery on a gravel road that has only two occupied houses on it. It was around 2 a.m. when we arrived. I was driving the car and there were three other people with me. When we pulled in to the old driveway, we passed the cemetery which is just a few feet away from the drive, and continued back to the old house. I parked parallel to the road and two of the people got out of the car and headed on into the house. I sat in the car just letting my eyes adjust to the darkness and the fourth person was directly behind me outside the car doing the same. We were both looking back towards the road when a large oblong shaped bright white light appeared. I immediately thought someone was coming down the road then realized it wasn't a reflection or headlights shining on something it was not casting any light outside of itself. I instantly said "tell them to come back and get in the car", I felt as if I were going to throw up from fear, I could only rock back and forth in the seat and found myself just repeating "oh my God, oh my God" I was mortified, I have never been so frightened or felt such a sense of dread in my entire life. The light stayed on for maybe a minute or two then it went out. One of the people came out of the house and I said again to tell the other one to come on or they would be left as horrible as that sounds but I felt like if we didn't get away from where we were something even more unimaginable was bound to happen. I couldn't take my eyes off of the spot where the light appeared and within a few minutes it came on again, and stayed on for almost as long as the first time. Finally, after what seemed like an hour everyone was back in the car and we headed out. Only two of us saw the light. We had to exit the same way we came in which was taking us straight in the direction of where the light appeared. For some reason this didn't "feel" evil or sinister to me. When we pulled on to the road it was right where the light had been "hanging" in the air about half the height of a telephone pole. The other witness who was just as freaked out as I was began trying to rationalize or explain what it might have been, saying perhaps it was a street light, or a dusk to dawn light. I said, we are out in the country there aren't any street lights or anything anywhere near explaining what had just occurred. I am from the area and very familiar with it, have traveled the road a hundred times or more. There are several old cemeteries within three or four miles of this area not counting the one on the same property. I don't know that that has anything to do with its appearance, I didn't feel as though the cemetery had anything to do with it, but I couldn't be sure..I have been back to the area at night and during the daylight to see if I felt anything weird, and I pass the entrance to the road several times a week an look towards there but haven't seen any light again. To describe the light in more detail, it was oblong, what appeared to be 3-4 feet tall, a foot and a half wide, it seemed almost solid, there was no light outside of itself, its outline very prominent, but appeared to be "deep" as if it were a hole filled with a very white, bright, bright light. Sometimes when I see a mirror out of the corner of my eye an see things reflecting inside it that appears deep into the background it sort of reminds me of it. I wish I could have taken a picture but am sure even if I had had a camera I wouldn't have had the control to have operated it. After this experience my what had always been normal blood pressure, has sky rocketed, within days it had went from 120/80 to 220/120 and I was lucky I didn't have a stroke. I have had to begin taking blood pressure medicine twice a day to control it and it still runs a little higher than it should. Maybe this was merely a coincidence, but I don't think so. I have had other strange unexplainable occurrences over the years but none like this. For months whenever I spoke of it I would get goose bumps and feel a little nauseated again. That night afterwards I was on the verge of vomiting for probably three to four hours. If anyone has any ideas about what this was or has experienced something similar I would love to hear about it. If not through this thread my email addy is lulmer@ymail.com

Thanks!

story.txt

1 person likes this

hi puzzled :)

first off, thanks for sharing that, i know how it is when one comes upon such a sighting; it was pretty wild, wasn't it? i also know the feeling of feeling sick to my stomach, and the intense fear..

based on what you have written, in my humble opinion, i feel that your group had a sighting of what is commonly termed a ufo, that is, an extra terrestrial craft. the fact that you guys were remote, that it hovered about phone pole height is actually sort of common is the community. i wonder if you and your neighbors have experienced 'other' types of activity? things that seem 'odd'? many times these visitors are around and the ways that some of their activity is manifested comes through as some sort of weird paranormal occurrence

anyway, know that you are not alone..a lot of people now, more and more, are seeing them..:)

Why do people seek out creepy locations and then get freaked out when something weird happens? Abandoned house at 2:00 am near a cemetery? :unsure2:

Oh well, welcome to UM. I agree, the light could have been a UFO or a ghostly manifestation. Sure sounds like you got your money's worth out of the thrill department!!

Not sure, was this place near a swamp or something because I have heard that over in America swamps can give off gas which can appear similar to this and often is mistaken to be a ghost or a will-o'-the-wisp.

This past summer a few friends and I decided to go check out this old abandon house located approx. 50 yards behind a family cemetery on a gravel road that has only two occupied houses on it. It was around 2 a.m. when we arrived. I was driving the car and there were three other people with me. When we pulled in to the old driveway, we passed the cemetery which is just a few feet away from the drive, and continued back to the old house. I parked parallel to the road and two of the people got out of the car and headed on into the house. I sat in the car just letting my eyes adjust to the darkness and the fourth person was directly behind me outside the car doing the same. We were both looking back towards the road when a large oblong shaped bright white light appeared. I immediately thought someone was coming down the road then realized it wasn't a reflection or headlights shining on something it was not casting any light outside of itself. I instantly said "tell them to come back and get in the car", I felt as if I were going to throw up from fear, I could only rock back and forth in the seat and found myself just repeating "oh my God, oh my God" I was mortified, I have never been so frightened or felt such a sense of dread in my entire life. The light stayed on for maybe a minute or two then it went out. One of the people came out of the house and I said again to tell the other one to come on or they would be left as horrible as that sounds but I felt like if we didn't get away from where we were something even more unimaginable was bound to happen. I couldn't take my eyes off of the spot where the light appeared and within a few minutes it came on again, and stayed on for almost as long as the first time. Finally, after what seemed like an hour everyone was back in the car and we headed out. Only two of us saw the light. We had to exit the same way we came in which was taking us straight in the direction of where the light appeared. For some reason this didn't "feel" evil or sinister to me. When we pulled on to the road it was right where the light had been "hanging" in the air about half the height of a telephone pole. The other witness who was just as freaked out as I was began trying to rationalize or explain what it might have been, saying perhaps it was a street light, or a dusk to dawn light. I said, we are out in the country there aren't any street lights or anything anywhere near explaining what had just occurred. I am from the area and very familiar with it, have traveled the road a hundred times or more. There are several old cemeteries within three or four miles of this area not counting the one on the same property. I don't know that that has anything to do with its appearance, I didn't feel as though the cemetery had anything to do with it, but I couldn't be sure..I have been back to the area at night and during the daylight to see if I felt anything weird, and I pass the entrance to the road several times a week an look towards there but haven't seen any light again. To describe the light in more detail, it was oblong, what appeared to be 3-4 feet tall, a foot and a half wide, it seemed almost solid, there was no light outside of itself, its outline very prominent, but appeared to be "deep" as if it were a hole filled with a very white, bright, bright light. Sometimes when I see a mirror out of the corner of my eye an see things reflecting inside it that appears deep into the background it sort of reminds me of it. I wish I could have taken a picture but am sure even if I had had a camera I wouldn't have had the control to have operated it. After this experience my what had always been normal blood pressure, has sky rocketed, within days it had went from 120/80 to 220/120 and I was lucky I didn't have a stroke. I have had to begin taking blood pressure medicine twice a day to control it and it still runs a little higher than it should. Maybe this was merely a coincidence, but I don't think so. I have had other strange unexplainable occurrences over the years but none like this. For months whenever I spoke of it I would get goose bumps and feel a little nauseated again. That night afterwards I was on the verge of vomiting for probably three to four hours. If anyone has any ideas about what this was or has experienced something similar I would love to hear about it. If not through this thread my email addy is lulmer@ymail.com

Thanks!

Thanks for sharing. Some very interesting details. I hope you get some answers to help you.