Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cigar-shaped UFO filmed over UK

Coool keep em coming the proof !

i can't see the vid right now, so i can't really figure the possible size of this thing. I do know, though, that those solar blimps come in lots of different sizes, the XXXL version is at least 10m long... if you google them, you'll find that most of them are black, not silver(ish), but i guess if one of those went rogue, a lot of people would think they saw a "spaceship"...

My vote is that it's a balloon. Not "solar", as they are necessarily black, but rather a helium filled reflective mylar cigar-shaped balloon.

you can tell its a balloon, the way its floating, with the bottom edge slightly leading the way - the same way the wind is blowing. professor T in the second post as identified it. case closed. :td: i dont know they travel hundreds of thousands of miles, even light years to get here using technology we cant even dream of, but once here they jettison all that tech, and use level minus zero technology - Latex rubber / Foil - common materials found on earth, disguised as a balloon very clear me thinks. but the real genius is the way they use wind power, always traveling in the same direction as the wind. :tu:

• Like 1

my daiughter claimed to have seen one of these a few months back...........she will enjoy this video :)

QUOTE-

The other odd thing about this video is that some sites state the UFO was captured on video at 9:05 p.m. Does the bright blue sky give the impression this was a nighttime sighting?

unless the journo was from new zealand, then he might be forgiven for thinking the sky at 9pm in early july, over manchester would be pitch black.

if he thinks that's odd, then gods knows what he'd think of my basement.

not that he'd be able to tell anyone afterwards what he'd seen.....

you can tell its a balloon, the way its floating, with the bottom edge slightly leading the way - the same way the wind is blowing. professor T in the second post as identified it. case closed. :td: i dont know they travel hundreds of thousands of miles, even light years to get here using technology we cant even dream of, but once here they jettison all that tech, and use level minus zero technology - Latex rubber / Foil - common materials found on earth, disguised as a balloon very clear me thinks. but the real genius is the way they use wind power, always traveling in the same direction as the wind. :tu:

Hey Steve,

I must say I cannot detemrine any of the things you see.....I cant tell if its falling, rising, flying or floating- how did you figure out its floating? how do you know its direction? without knowing its direction how do you know the bottom edge is leading the way? lastly how the hell did you work out what way the wind is blowing?

this isnt sarcasm, just very interested in how these 'facts'/observations' were determined from the video.

thanks

A tall cylindrical object was spotted rotating and hovering in the skies over Denton, Manchester.

[media=]

[/media]

I found this short video on the same page as the one you have posted from you tube...

• Like 2

QUOTE-

The other odd thing about this video is that some sites state the UFO was captured on video at 9:05 p.m. Does the bright blue sky give the impression this was a nighttime sighting?

unless the journo was from new zealand, then he might be forgiven for thinking the sky at 9pm in early july, over manchester would be pitch black.

if he thinks that's odd, then gods knows what he'd think of my basement.

not that he'd be able to tell anyone afterwards what he'd seen.....

Hey Shrooma,

here are the sun times for Manchester on July 2nd

2 Jul 2013 21:40

so it would not be pitch black :tu:

edit to add link: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/astronomy.html?n=302&month=7&year=2013&obj=sun&afl=-11&day=1

Edited by quillius

Someone mentioned Solar Ballon?

solarairship.jpg

706591a26e74.jpg

[media=]

[/media] Edited by FlorrpaN
  • Like 1

A balloon cannot travel that fast

I'm going to call you guys on that one (although I've been beaten to it by Quillius, I now see!).

Just how fast is it travelling? Please show your calculations.

And the following questions will follow:

1. What is the speed limit on a balloon?

More seriously..

2. At what altitude was it?

3. At what speed were the winds at that altitude/time/location?

• Like 2

My vote is that it's a balloon. Not "solar", as they are necessarily black, but rather a helium filled reflective mylar cigar-shaped balloon.

Agreed!!!

Most likely a balloon, but in no case a solar balloon.

Edited by Scepticus
  • Like 1

one other quick question, it appears to be rotating, with light reflecting (or lights on the object) at a certain point of the rotation...would a balloon not be constantly lit up by the sun...if thats all it was?

Agreed!!!

Most likely a balloon, but in no case a solar balloon.

you been smoking too much again scepticus :innocent::alien:

• Like 1

I'm going to call you guys on that one (although I've been beaten to it by Quillius, I now see!).

Just how fast is it travelling? Please show your calculations.

And the following questions will follow:

1. What is the speed limit on a balloon?

More seriously..

2. At what altitude was it?

3. At what speed were the winds at that altitude/time/location?

exactly......I like how you include the guy who says to fast and I pick on those that claim its floating :w00t: human bias maybe? :alien:

Hey Shrooma,

here are the sun times for Manchester on July 2nd

2 Jul 2013 21:40

so it would not be pitch black :tu:

edit to add link: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/astronomy.html?n=302&month=7&year=2013&obj=sun&afl=-11&day=1

i live just up the road from manchester Quillius, and can practically see it on a clear day, and it's still pretty much light enough to read by at 10pm even now, and we're practically in august!

i think the journo was just trying his damnedest to discredit the story by trying to find any fault he could, instead of trying to be objective, or looking for possible causes of what the object could've been.

but journalists would also have us believe that MMR jabs cause autism, and that Jedward are somehow "talented".....

:-)

Edited by shrooma
  • Like 1

i live just up the road from manchester Quillius, and can practically see it on a clear day, and it's still pretty much light enough to read by at 10pm even now, and we're practically in august!

i think the journo was just trying his damnedest to discredit the story by trying to find any fault he could, instead of trying to be objective, or looking for possible causes of what the object could've been.

but journalists would also have us believe that MMR jabs cause autism, and that Jedward are somehow "talented".....

:-)

ok cheers, just thought in case anyone didnt take your word for it I threw in some 'proof'......

Jedward talented....now thats taking things a little too far :w00t::whistle:

one other quick question, it appears to be rotating, with light reflecting (or lights on the object) at a certain point of the rotation...would a balloon not be constantly lit up by the sun...if thats all it was?

Nope. It's an angle thing that is complicated by it being a thin cylindrical 3D object - you have a thin strip of material that *might* be at the right angle, or might not, unless it is perfectly aligned at right angles to a line from you-to-it, and it-to-the-sun - at any other angle you will only get small points reflecting. At that single precise angle it will reflect a long line, but as soon as it angles either one way or the other, the long reflection will disappear. It gets exaggerated because the reflection overloads the camera's sensors and the white area 'blooms' out.

If you watch aircraft a lot (like some sad people do, eg me) you will see this effect occasionally, only horizontal (usually).. it's the same deal - only at a very precise angle do you get the 'big glint', and then it vanishes as the angle changes.

• Like 2