Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Still Waters

Ten extinct beasts worth resurrecting

7 posts in this topic

The pioneering scientist behind Dolly the sheep has suggested we might be able to resurrect the ancient woolly mammoth. Daniel Johnson speculates which other extinct creatures might be worth reviving, and the respective pros and cons of doing so.

http://www.telegraph...surrecting.html

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I'm on board with the mammoth. If there is one place where we have ample low populated land, it's in the tundra regions.

Also, aurochs would be a good choice. They've only been gone for like 400 years I think. Extra large cattle could help the human food source too.

I'd also like to see the dodo brought back. I wonder if they could be domesticated like chickens, ducks and geese. A large dodo egg for breakfast with a side of bacon.

Edited by Myles

Its kind of ironic that some are so concerned with bringing back animals when we can't protect the ones we still have from going extinct. The white rino, tigers, and great apes just to name a few.

Well I guess if we can bring them back, WTF, let them go extinct.

1 person likes this

There is so much Sarcasm in this article.

Posted (edited)

Neathanderthals i know their not beasts, but i would love to see the extinct Spiecies that might have be the superior race

Edited by Zerocoder

Its kind of ironic that some are so concerned with bringing back animals when we can't protect the ones we still have from going extinct. The white rino, tigers, and great apes just to name a few.

Well I guess if we can bring them back, WTF, let them go extinct.

I absolutely agree with you.

One of the suggestions in the article is The Tollund Man, the peat bog man found in Denmark......the title says 'beasts'...this is a human that lived during the 4th century BC!!

I'm for mammoths, aurochs and maybe dodos. I wonder if they've thought about resurrecting the sabre-toothed tiger?