Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

need a change

shephardess

Hi everyone.

It has come to my attention, intuitively, that I need to move to another location. I've been trying to think of a place to move where I will be able to connect with some like-minded people but I seem to be blocked. Thinking about moving causes feelings of anxiety and panic although I am very unhappy where I am. I could really use some help with this.

Thanks in advance

move somewhere random, try not having a plan for once, radomness creates adventure witch improves the fun factor in a life

• Like 1

I moved to Nicaragua for a year on a lark. The easiest way to do it is to do it. Don't concern yourself with what might happen. Save a few thousand bucks, sell off the things you don't need, hop in your car or on a plane and just go. You'll be surprised at how easy it is. I had $800 in my pocket when I left the country. I did just fine. I made friends. I got a place to live. I even got a few jobs...all within a few weeks of touching down.

Be careful of your motivations though.

If I may quote lyrics -- I hate people who do that, but they are apropos.

"They weight of lies will bring you down, and follow you to every town;

Nothing happens here that doesn't happen there;

So when you run make sure you run to something and not away from;

Lies don't need an aeroplane to chase you down."

Avett Brothers - Weight of Lies.

any change normally causes some fear and anxiety. Its a human thing we like routine.

Make your change without fearing the outcome. Sometimes you just got to take a leap a faith

Just make sure that what your trying to leave behind isent yourself :tu:

but if you really need change i have about 75 cents

• Like 1

but if you really need change i have about 75 cents

Give it to charity in my name. Maybe I'll get a blessing.

If I was younger, I would sell my car, pack a backpack and stick out my thumb.

I'm not running from myself.

Thanks for the replies guys.

What do you mean when you say "like minded people"? Are we talking about interests, ideologies, or what?

I once had a friend who decided he wanted to move, but couldn't decide. He tacked a map of the United States to the wall, turned his back to it and threw a dart saying "I'll let chance decide."

His first dart landed smack in the middle of Lake Superior so I recommended a house boat.......

• Like 3

What do you mean when you say "like minded people"? Are we talking about interests, ideologies, or what?

I once had a friend who decided he wanted to move, but couldn't decide. He tacked a map of the United States to the wall, turned his back to it and threw a dart saying "I'll let chance decide."

His first dart landed smack in the middle of Lake Superior so I recommended a house boat.......

i live near lake superior canada side its a beautiful place!

Well, if you see a nutter trying to build a house in the middle, tell Rob I said "Hi". :)

Well, if you see a nutter trying to build a house in the middle, tell Rob I said "Hi". :)

lol will do, im fishing there tmr!

Well usually when I meet people with similar ideologies to mine they also share interests, so, yes AND I would love to live on a houseboat. I'm kinda looking for hippies.

Did your friend take your suggestion?

Years ago I kept repeating the Question in my mind until I fell asleep, "where should I move to". The first thought I had when I woke up was a line from a Bugs Bunny cartoon, "I must have took a wrong turn in Albuquerque" after he popped his head out of a hole in China. I couldn't figure out if I should move to Albuquerque or China, lol. Maybe I should try again.

Well usually when I meet people with similar ideologies to mine they also share interests, so, yes AND I would love to live on a houseboat. I'm kinda looking for hippies.

Did your friend take your suggestion?

Years ago I kept repeating the Question in my mind until I fell asleep, "where should I move to". The first thought I had when I woke up was a line from a Bugs Bunny cartoon, "I must have took a wrong turn in Albuquerque" after he popped his head out of a hole in China. I couldn't figure out if I should move to Albuquerque or China, lol. Maybe I should try again.

china in my mind, very cultural and beautiful

china in my mind, very cultural and beautiful

Yea, I love China but it would be difficult to move there. I might have to settle for a Chinatown.

My next adventure will probably be to Thailand. I love being a writer. I never have to worry about finding a job no matter where I am.

• Like 1

My next adventure will probably be to Thailand. I love being a writer. I never have to worry about finding a job no matter where I am.

That's cool! I was just thinking about a friend from Thailand who told me I could live with her friend for free if I ever decide to move there.

It will come to you in it's own time.

In the meantime….

You could,

Do some meditations, visualisations on it.What is the place you want like, windows, doors and so on.

Put together a wish list of the criteria it has.

Collect images of the things it would have, put these images in a wish book or do a wall collage of these items.

Look over these items and ideas a few times throughout your day.

Ask yourself questions about it, like what does it sound, smell, feel like.

Ask yourself, what will it be like to live there, the people too, explore and play with the scenarios that come up.

What sticks and what doesn't.

Be proactive, buy things for it now, making yourself ready to receive it and making the transition easier for you to recognise it when it comes about.

Build it and it will come, sort of thing.

Hope this helps.

Its something I have done whenever i am feeling like something needs to change, home, work, social life, whatever really.

It works for me.

• Like 1

Thank you Blue Star! Yes, This definitely helps. I will start tonight.

or, I could lend you a map and some darts............

• Like 3

You're welcome, just one more thing….

Don't prevent yourself in anyway from recognising what your true dreams are. This is the first step into realising them and making them manifest for you in the world about you.

No one else need know about any of this, enjoy the playing with it.

• Like 1

or, I could lend you a map and some darts............

A map of the world would be nice but what if I miss the map entirely? Will I have to be abducted by aliens?
  • Like 1

You're welcome, just one more thing….

Don't prevent yourself in anyway from recognising what your true dreams are. This is the first step into realising them and making them manifest for you in the world about you.

No one else need know about any of this, enjoy the playing with it.

You are so right! Whenever I tell my plans to anyone I know, they always seem to taint it in some way.

A map of the world would be nice but what if I miss the map entirely? Will I have to be abducted by aliens?

lol! if that happens please take a clear video and make sure the audio works

• Like 1

Ya, I don't know if they realise it or not but yes… I have found this so too. I suppose it's a bit like showing a seedling to a bulldozer. :no::lol:

• Like 1

lol! if that happens please take a clear video and make sure the audio works

I'll be sure to keep my Iphone charged