Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New AI breakthrough.

shrooma

Scientists in Zurich have shown how to demonstrate complex brain functions by utilising neuromorphic microchips-

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/07/130722152705.htm

the breakthrough came when scientists managed to configure the neuromorphic chips in a way that mimics the cognitive information systems of the brain.

now, if you'll excuse me, i'm going to prepare for the arrival of our new silicon overlords.....

Edited by shrooma

oh wow this so cool but terrifying

oh wow this so cool but terrifying

what's terrifying Kannin is what somone once said about AI tech-

when we build a computer that's as intelligent as a human, within five year's time it will design itself one that is more intelligent than the whole of humanity.

the 'technological singularity' is forecast to happen somewhere around 2040, so i'll miss it i'm afraid.

i'm just a little unsure as to whether that's a bad thing or a good thing.....?

what's terrifying Kannin is what somone once said about AI tech-

when we build a computer that's as intelligent as a human, within five year's time it will design itself one that is more intelligent than the whole of humanity.

the 'technological singularity' is forecast to happen somewhere around 2040, so i'll miss it i'm afraid.

i'm just a little unsure as to whether that's a bad thing or a good thing.....?

well i would say it could be both? it has no biological dependencies, and might be a little bit disgusted with our race, and something that smart coul manufacture a way to disolve us weak beings

or it would try to better our race and work with us to achieve greatness

• Like 1