Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Primary school dinner lady sacked

Commander CMG

Isn't Political correctness an oxymoron? The most corrupt in society are the politicians themselves :)

Ha ha good point..

hes a muslim basher

Should he stop it and show tolerance ?

Ramadan's already been & gone Zaphod, didn't you get the memo....?

Yeah I remember, we had a thread about that too. Didn't some idiot refuse a child a drink of water to a child on the hottest day for fears of upsetting those on Ramadan?

Did they get the sack? I don't think they did so there is a clear divide on disciplinary, if any in that case and this.

• Like 2

When I was at school our dinner choice was 'take it or leave it'. lol

The situation should have played out like this, imo.

Student: I can't eat that, Mrs.

Dinner-Lady: Sorry, pal. I got mixed up there. What would you like instead?

(problem solved)

• Like 2

No, he should stop and think.

Why? What I mean is, who is anyone to tell others what they should think, act, and say?

• Like 3

Why? What I mean is, who is anyone to tell others what they should think, act, and say?

It's 2013, BM. You're not allowed to say what you really feel in case someone somewhere gets all offended. And as you will know, there are plenty of folk who look for stuff to be offended by. :(

• Like 3

When I was at school our dinner choice was 'take it or leave it'. lol

The situation should have played out like this, imo.

Student: I can't eat that, Mrs.

Dinner-Lady: Sorry, pal. I got mixed up there. What would you like instead?

(problem solved)

That is of course the common sense way it should have been dealt with. Unfortunately we have to have this hysteria every time somebody makes what looks like an honest mistake.

I respect the views of others but who respects mine. My child has to eat Halal menu often as it is chosen because of the requirements of others.

I am not a racist or anything like that. I worked as a butcher and in a slaughterhouse in my early 20's adhering to the highest quality of animal welfare and inspections. I would not buy or eat food that I didn't think met these requirements. Animal stress during slaughter can not only effect the taste of food but can release toxins particularly in poultry.

Who respects my wishes that I do not want my children eating food that I don't feel meets my personal beliefs of what is humane?

KFC for instant swapped to Halal meat in the UK some time ago. I would never eat their again.

• Like 3

Not what, just think. Not only Z, but all of us. Christians, jews, muslims, hindus etc.

You will not believe what a difference some thinking does before talking or acting.

Ramadan's already been & gone Zaphod, didn't you get the memo....?

I said **again**. Ramadan is not a one-time event, it happens every year. Didn´t you get the memo...?

The TV interview does seem to put a different light on it then...

If it were me and my kid had "special dietary requirements" I would pack them a lunch every day and not depend on some stranger to feed them...

Parents have the ultimate responsibilites in this IMO... (or at least should have)

I find this "dietary requirement" label in itself insulting.

The kid did not have any "dietary requirement". She only has fanatical parents who believe a medieal Arab mystical being demands that we must not eat pork, plus a lot of other stupid things.

Schools shouls protect childrren from such lunacy, and not enforce it.

In a sane world, the headmaster would be disciplined for trying to play "religious policeman" and enforce religious rules in his school. What happened to the separation of church and state???

Edited by Zaphod222
  • Like 1

No, he should stop and think.

look left and right before crossing the road?

• Like 1

I said **again**. Ramadan is not a one-time event, it happens every year. Didn´t you get the memo...?

he said come and gone, which is the same thing

That is of course the common sense way it should have been dealt with. Unfortunately we have to have this hysteria every time somebody makes what looks like an honest mistake.

I respect the views of others but who respects mine. My child has to eat Halal menu often as it is chosen because of the requirements of others.

I am not a racist or anything like that. I worked as a butcher and in a slaughterhouse in my early 20's adhering to the highest quality of animal welfare and inspections. I would not buy or eat food that I didn't think met these requirements. Animal stress during slaughter can not only effect the taste of food but can release toxins particularly in poultry.

Who respects my wishes that I do not want my children eating food that I don't feel meets my personal beliefs of what is humane?

KFC for instant swapped to Halal meat in the UK some time ago. I would never eat their again.

I think that was a scare rumor regards to KFC, however the horse meat scandal..well thats different

I find this "dietary requirement" label in itself insulting.

The kid did not have any "dietary requirement". She only has fanatical parents who believe a medieal Arab mystical being demands that we must not eat pork, plus a lot of other stupid things.

Schools shouls protect childrren from such lunacy, and not enforce it.

In a sane world, the headmaster would be disciplined for trying to play "religious policeman" and enforce religious rules in his school. What happened to the separation of church and state???

Jews do not eat pork either. I heard dog is quiet a delicates in china. Have some when you visit. Oh you dont eat dog? Cats? Rats, worms, HUMAN anyone? No? Hello my Hindu friend, fancy a nice beef stake? No?

Oh, yes, I forgot it is ok to eat or not to eat what your religion allowes you, unless you are a muslim then you are sooooooooo misguided.

That is Britannistan for you. And you might have eaten the stuff yourself, seeing that they have caved in under islamic supremacy long ago:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-423111/Parents-angered-pupil-given-halal-school-meals.html

I wonder where the outrage is. Existing animal safety and slaughter regulations being tossed out of the window in favour of a mediaeval cult who believes animals mussed by killed slowly and without anestesia, but with religious blessings.

Insane.

Jews do not eat pork either.

That is their problem. The schoolmaster should not "swoop in" and remove some dish from a Jewish kid because it is not religiously correct.

And in the event, you can bet that he would not, either. Have you ever heard of a UK school master enforcing Jewish religious laws in his school? That would be the day.

Don´t try to hide behind the eternal favourite villain, "the Jews". That is just lame.

That is their problem. The schoolmaster should not "swoop in" and remove some dish from a Jewish kid because it is not religiously correct.

And in the event, you can bet that he would not, either. Have you ever heard of a UK school master enforcing Jewish religious laws in his school? That would be the day.

Don´t try to hide behind the eternal favourite villain, "the Jews". That is just lame.

Wtf are you talking about? Do you even understand what I was pointing out. Oh god, I am discussing a serious topic with a moron.

Wtf are you talking about? Do you even understand what I was pointing out. Oh god, I am discussing a serious topic with a moron.

I perfectly understand what you are talking about, and I responded to it.

The point, which you insist to miss, is that you (or the kid) can choose what she wants to eat.

But it is not the job of the school headmaster to monitor the observance of pointless religious laws, regardless if they are Hindu or Jewish or Yazidi or Muslim.

Clearer now?

But of course, name-calling is simpler than reading.

It's 2013, BM. You're not allowed to say what you really feel in case someone somewhere gets all offended. And as you will know, there are plenty of folk who look for stuff to be offended by. :(

How very true. The professionally offended as I call them.

• Like 1

Well, if your ancestry is british, then nobody. or rather nobody who has any power.

• Like 1

Is this woman expected to know the dietary restrictions of every kid? How did this catastrophic mistake happen? Doesn't seem like she should have been fired.

I just keep thinking how sad it is that little Muslim kids never get to play 'this little piggy' ? :cry:

At the age of 7 the child should have known to ask if what she was asking for was pork!

Take my daughter for instance..She knows that we don't eat certain fish due to over fishing so when the school started doing hot meals when she was 6,They offered her fish fingers..she knew without any prompting from us to ask what fish they were made from.

If a childs diet is that important to the parents she would have been taught to ask what she is being given or take a packed lunch!

Edited by Oscar77
  • Like 2

Not what, just think. Not only Z, but all of us. Christians, jews, muslims, hindus etc.

You will not believe what a difference some thinking does before talking or acting.

It is true, or at least it should be, but it doesn't seem to make people stop, not if they are constantly bashing someone or a way of life, people like that will stick to their own thoughts and their own beliefs...

To sum up what I am saying here ..People with bad attitudes towards so many others, will not care if someone tries to make them think. They all have their reasons as to why they feel the way they do.. The media usually plays a large part of it, so they trust what they have read... Some were most likely raised to be like that?

Normally you will find this pattern with IE - The Angry Atheist.( Those that show anger, and will say rude things, heated arguments etc ) .. You will notice they like to cherry pick a religion to bash around, but at the same time, the angry atheist will jump to defend another religion..Usually the one they jump to defend is most likely the one they know better and grew up in...Which at times can be understandable, I tend to do the same, only I try and not express any anger lol

I have seen the cherry picking angry atheists, ( Not all atheists, just those who show anger when they speak out ) bash IE - Christianity, tackle it at all angles, BUT will jump to defend Islam, the religion they know so little about, and the fact that they are most likely too frightened to tackle Islam in the same way............

I have seen quite a lot of people do this, go out of their way to bash Christianity but will act as if they have a yellow streak down their backs when it comes to Islam.. It's like they want to show everyone - "Look I am half tolerant- I will defend you guys, and bash the others, aren't I great?".... I have seen cowards like that quite often.....actually you will see more of them than the angry atheist..They are worse than the angry atheist, they deny their reasons and they hide their true feelings... The angry atheist is honest, and will tell you how it goes...

It must be noted - They are not the same as the other Atheists, as other atheists ( the calm atheists ) do not show their anger and don't care to.. Other atheists will just disagree with beliefs and get on with it, so you will only meet a small bunch that are often seen as angry... Same can be applied to the Christian, Muslim, Jewish person and so on.. There are angry ones as well as the calm ones ...

Edited by Beckys_Mom

This is pretty ridiculous and comparing it to a nut allergy even more so. If someone with a nut allergy eats a nut it might kill them, if a Muslim accidentally eats some pork.....nothing at all will happen.

The kid should be educated on what he should and shouldn't eat. Most kids know that by 7.

...And guess what? A lot of businesses lie about halal meat and say it is when it actually isn't, it's been known of for some time now. My Indian friend is well aware of it and even he has been scammed more than once, finding out much later on. In quite a wealthy part of the country as well. The only thing you might be able to get them on is false advertising, but it's a hard one to win.

Edited by Finity