Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why is this fighter jet parked on a rooftop?

pallidin

It's not on a rooftop, it's on a parking lot at Paris West University Nanterre La Defense, a university with former links to the aircraft industry.

(I'll try to find some pics if possible).

• Like 2

Hold google maps can get that much detail out of streets, they had one inside a turkish bathhouse!

• Like 2

That's what I was thinking, it looks like its in a parking lot.

• Like 1

Mirage III or V, I think.

thats gotta be a joke, Google cant go into buildings, you guys are having a laugh

Hold google maps can get that much detail out of streets, they had one inside a turkish bathhouse!

Yeah, that does seem strange. Maybe an editor thing to liven-up the slide-show? I don't know.

i suppose it's

Yeah, that does seem strange. Maybe an editor thing to liven-up the slide-show? I don't know.

It's like a guided tour, so I presume it's a promotional thing, so therefore they must have been there with their permission.

That's what I was thinking, it looks like its in a parking lot.

Ok, but why the apparent vertical concrete structures just behind the jet? And the cars, off to the left, seem to be lower.

Perhaps it's just a weird perspective illusion on my part thinking it's on a rooftop.

Ok, but why the apparent vertical concrete structures just behind the jet? And the cars, off to the left, seem to be lower.

Perhaps it's just a weird perspective illusion on my part thinking it's on a rooftop.

That's the roof of the building behind it, I suppose. If you click on where it says underlined "just a fighter jet in a parking lot' in the link, it shows you the full picture in context.

Edited by Colonel Rhuairidh
  • Like 1

That's the roof of the building behind it, I suppose. If you click on where it says underlined "just a fighter jet in a parking lot' in the link, it shows you the full picture in context.

OK, now I see that it's a building behind it. The shadows support your contention.

Oh well, another useless topic post. Sorry.

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 1

It's not on a rooftop, it's on a parking lot at Paris West University Nanterre La Defense, a university with former links to the aircraft industry.

(I'll try to find some pics if possible).

Just a guess but a Dessault Mirage possibly? Older model? And it is French.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/cc/Mirage_2000C_3-view.gif/400px-Mirage_2000C_3-view.gif

--------------------------

Planes are transported to places like museums, "graveyards", etc all the time. Why not here?

Edited by QuiteContrary

Actually, you see this a lot on Google Earth. The satellite is taking a picture of the streets while the plane lands at a nearby airport. There is even a group on Google Earth who locate and post these pictures, and I believe there is also a map posted there somewhere with the coordinates of the planes that have been spotted. In San Jose at the the intersection of Almaden Expressway and Camden Ave several years ago, you could go in and see an airliner hovering there. It was on its way to land at San Jose International Airport when it was caught by the Google satellite.

Actually, you see this a lot on Google Earth. The satellite is taking a picture of the streets while the plane lands at a nearby airport. There is even a group on Google Earth who locate and post these pictures, and I believe there is also a map posted there somewhere with the coordinates of the planes that have been spotted. In San Jose at the the intersection of Almaden Expressway and Camden Ave several years ago, you could go in and see an airliner hovering there. It was on its way to land at San Jose International Airport when it was caught by the Google satellite.

Wrong, you really think a Mirage would be still flying in the US? A French fighter? and by the looks of it, a old model

OK, now I see that it's a building behind it. The shadows support your contention.

Oh well, another useless topic post. Sorry.

No topic is ever useless.

:tu:

• Like 1

The OP link actually states, next to the picture: "No big deal. Just a fighter jet in a parking lot"

So...erm whats to discuss?

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/slideshow/2013/08/01/crazy-world-google-maps/?intcmp=features#slide=8#ixzz2atuOUSLD

But starting at page 1 of the OP slideshow, I liked the following:

In an isolated corner of Kazakhstan, there's a large pentagram etched into the Earth's surface.

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/slideshow/2013/08/01/crazy-world-google-maps/?intcmp=features#slide=1

Pentagram%20Google%20Earth.jpg?ve=1

Pert and perfectly formed, this plowed field in the tiny town of Catalani in Sicily looks for all the world like a human torso -- a cheeky one at that.

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/slideshow/2013/08/01/crazy-world-google-maps/?intcmp=features#slide=2

butt%20on%20Google%20Maps.jpg?ve=1

Wrong, you really think a Mirage would be still flying in the US? A French fighter? and by the looks of it, a old model

It doesn't say it had to be in the US, I don't think. Anyway, it was just citing examples, even though I think this is fairly clearly parked in the parking Lot.

The OP link actually states, next to the picture: "No big deal. Just a fighter jet in a parking lot"

So...erm whats to discuss?

http://www.foxnews.c...8#ixzz2atuOUSLD

But starting at page 1 of the OP slideshow, I liked the following:

In an isolated corner of Kazakhstan, there's a large pentagram etched into the Earth's surface.

http://www.foxnews.c...eatures#slide=1

Pentagram%20Google%20Earth.jpg?ve=1

Pert and perfectly formed, this plowed field in the tiny town of Catalani in Sicily looks for all the world like a human torso -- a cheeky one at that.

http://www.foxnews.c...eatures#slide=2

butt%20on%20Google%20Maps.jpg?ve=1

I'm wondering about #16.

• Like 1

It doesn't say it had to be in the US, I don't think. Anyway, it was just citing examples, even though I think this is fairly clearly parked in the parking Lot.

I'm wondering about #16.

:lol: trust you! But with their pants round their ankles and being face to face I think they misunderstood what a 'fitting room' was...

Its going to cost a "bomb" in parking fees......oops what have I said.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

You wouldn't expect a Corsair or a B-52 to be flying either, but collectors fly their planes all the time. Why wouldn't someone be flying this one?

You wouldn't expect a Corsair or a B-52 to be flying either, but collectors fly their planes all the time. Why wouldn't someone be flying this one?

There's still plenty of B-52s ....

Maybe the pilot stopped for a drink. Or maybe he had to pee really bad.