Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Did Joshua Young Murder his step Brother?

docyabut2

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Regi

• docyabut2

• Vincennes

This is certainly a weird and disturbing case.

I've read a lot on line as far as news reports, and I've listened to the opening statements from the attorneys and to a little bit of the testimony and I'm looking forward to more testimony, but apparently, there's not much evidence in the case and the only thing crystal clear is that either Zouker or Young committed the murder.

Zouker first said he didn't know who committed the murder, then he suggested some mischievous group of neighborhood kids did it, then he claimed Young did it, and then during an unscheduled court appearance he plead guilty, claiming that he murdered Zwicker and that Young had nothing to do with it.

So far, I think the notion that Young was at least compliant isn't hard to believe, but I don't know what evidence there is which could be convincing enough of even that.

There is that women whitness that claim that Joshura came to her and said he killed his step brother and to hide that bat or the evidence

Edited by docyabut2

Most of the trial testimony is on YouTube, and I've watched what's available up until Day 3. (I was too restless to sleep last night and I stayed up until 2 am listening to testimony. OMG, what a story.)

Anyway, circumstances were clarified and I learned a lot, although I'm still not clear on a few things.

A few things clarified are:

At the time of the murder, Gouker and Young were actually living with a cousin two doors down from where Zwicker lived with his mother, Amanda McFarland.

Gouker had been released from prison in the fall of 2010 and was immediately in touch with McFarland and they soon began an intimate relationship.

Young had been living with a foster family until the spring of 2011 at which time Gouker regained temporary custody of Young.

(It appears that at some point, Gouker and McFarland lied to authorities, claiming that Gouker and Young lived in McFarland's home so that Gouker could regain custody.

In a police interview the afternoon of the discovery, Young stated to a detective that he was in his room while Zwicker was showering and that that was the last time he saw Zwicker... so it appears that he was maintaining that lie.)

In December of 2010, McFarland was pregnant, and Gouker carried with him an image of the sonogram. It was during this time that McFarland inadvertently heard disturbing dialogue between Gouker and the female cousin he was still living with.

I don't recall the reason precisely, but it seems that that and other issues directly related to that dialogue are what prompted McFarland to abort the pregnancy in January.

Gouker and McFarland were not a couple again until two days before the murder, and Gouker had spent both of those nights at McFarland's.

Most of the trial testimony is on YouTube, and I've watched what's available up until Day 3. (I was too restless to sleep last night and I stayed up until 2 am listening to testimony. OMG, what a story.)

Anyway, circumstances were clarified and I learned a lot, although I'm still not clear on a few things.

A few things clarified are:

At the time of the murder, Gouker and Young were actually living with a cousin two doors down from where Zwicker lived with his mother, Amanda McFarland.

Gouker had been released from prison in the fall of 2010 and was immediately in touch with McFarland and they soon began an intimate relationship.

Young had been living with a foster family until the spring of 2011 at which time Gouker regained temporary custody of Young.

(It appears that at some point, Gouker and McFarland lied to authorities, claiming that Gouker and Young lived in McFarland's home so that Gouker could regain custody.

In a police interview the afternoon of the discovery, Young stated to a detective that he was in his room while Zwicker was showering and that that was the last time he saw Zwicker... so it appears that he was maintaining that lie.)

In December of 2010, McFarland was pregnant, and Gouker carried with him an image of the sonogram. It was during this time that McFarland inadvertently heard disturbing dialogue between Gouker and the female cousin he was still living with.

I don't recall the reason precisely, but it seems that that and other issues directly related to that dialogue are what prompted McFarland to abort the pregnancy in January.

Gouker and McFarland were not a couple again until two days before the murder, and Gouker had spent both of those nights at McFarland's.

I know what a story, but Forensic science in the case says there was only one murderer,so who was it? Gouker or his son Young? Gouker it was said killed a a dog and a cat with a bat in front of his son young, and Gouker admits to killing Zwicher.But the time lines they gave don`t add up. Mcfarland said if I`m following this right that her and Gouker had sex and Gouker fell asleep at one thirty , while Cassie the consin said Young was at her door at two thirty claiming he killed Zwicher. Macfarland said her son Zwicher went to bed at 10 o.clock, so did Gouker drag that kid out of bed who was said to be afraid of the dark,or were the two boys already at the creek in the dark when Gouker came upon them, who did really kill Zwicher?

I haven't watched enough of this testimony to even guess which one killed. However, I have found it horrifying that this Gouker guy really looks so "normal." I felt so sorry for the poor woman who was kidnapped into giving them a ride to wherever. They look so "normal," I could understand how easy it would be to think you were just doing a kindness and OMG. It's just been a real lesson for me not to expect the devil to appear with horns and a red cape!

The prosecutors rest the case, after so many whitnesses claiming Young killed Zwicher and the evidence, I believe it. Gouker his father the monster he is may have manipulated his son in to doing it, is why he wants to take the blame, but was there after the fact to cover it up.

Edited by docyabut2

At one point, one of the defense attorney's asked a witness to recall what it was that he couldn't recall. :unsure2::lol:

So far, the best evidence for me that Gouker didn't actually commit the murder is that his actions that night appear deliberate in establishing an alibi. Of course, that seems as though he knew when the murder was to take place.

Now, it could be that the murder was first planned to go one way, but for some reason, plans changed so that they were both present at the murder.

The case is with the jury!

It's been interesting watching this trial, despite that the stream was horrid!

The witnesses were fascinating...the proceedings moved very swiftly...the jury asked questions.

There's the possibility that the jury might be sequestered during their deliberations.

Josh Young is acquitted!

There was no real evidence against Young ,only the testimoy of Cassie the consin who Gouker was having sex with and the imates. I guess they would all lie for Gouker saying Young did it to, for at frist Gouker did try to blame it on his son, but turned around and admitted he did kill Zwicher.

There wasn't much evidence, but I think there was enough. The problem was that none of the witnesses were credible.

If the witnesses had been forthright with whatever it was theyknew when they knew it, I think the case would have been clear and both Young and Gouker would be in prison.

I was never able to find the testimony of the original ME, but it was in the state's closing that the TOD was 12:30 am (on the 'outside'), so it appears to me that Gouker simply didn't have opportunity to commit the murder.

• 9 months later...