Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Giant pentragram discovered in desert

louie

Perhaps an alternate "landing strip" for spacecraft that overshoot Nazca? Actually, the OP link appears to provide a sensible, credible explanation.

Edited by szentgyorgy

*posts removed*

It would be appreciated if the emotions in this thread could be tempered down. You can make your points without becoming uncivil.

Thank you.

• Like 1

Gotta love Google Earth. Anyone had a look around the deserts of area 51? Many targets with numbers and five & six pointed stars.

• Like 1

Made by the same guy who did the ground art work in chile and peru.

*snip*

See this video at 25:00.

Russians used to draw gigantic patterns on the ground to attract UFOs, in order to shoot them down and back-engineer their technology!

I dunno if it worked though...

Edited by Saru
Video removed due to copyright

"It is the outline of a park made in the form of a star," Usmanova told LiveScience. The star was a popular symbol during the Soviet era (Kazakhstan was a part of the former Soviet Union until its dissolution in 1991). Stars were often used throughout the Soviet Union to decorate building facades, flags and monuments. (Indeed, several online comments had suggested the site is an abandoned Soviet-era campground.)

This answers not suitable ??

• Like 1

"It is the outline of a park made in the form of a star," Usmanova told LiveScience. The star was a popular symbol during the Soviet era (Kazakhstan was a part of the former Soviet Union until its dissolution in 1991). Stars were often used throughout the Soviet Union to decorate building facades, flags and monuments. (Indeed, several online comments had suggested the site is an abandoned Soviet-era campground.)

This answers not suitable ??

Perfectly suitable. And yes, it was a campground, not SAM site. Friend of mine lives in Astana and he confirms it was campground.

Because all your presidents all worship EVIL. All your police, sheriffs all worship satan.

King+County+Sheriff+Deputy+badge+-+note+number.jpg

See something evil in there.?

pentagram_620.jpg

Yes they hide it well if you're not aware of it. All saturn, satan worshiper's, all designed to keep the human race in line.

Because all your presidents all worship EVIL. All your police, sheriffs all worship satan.

King+County+Sheriff+Deputy+badge+-+note+number.jpg

See something evil in there.?

pentagram_620.jpg

Yes they hide it well if you're not aware of it. All saturn, satan worshiper's, all designed to keep the human race in line.

I see a Seven pointed star and a Five pointed star. What's your point?

• Like 1

OK and may I ask what country youre from?

I see a Seven pointed star and a Five pointed star. What's your point?

Nice but I think the point(s) was(were) clear. To troll, unjustly demonize and to show that some have absolutely no clue about reality. I guess we could drop the troll part if one actually thinks it is true. But that lends to some sort of insanity. Or, does it show signs of being brainwashed?

Most of the people commenting on this thread don't seem to have even read the article that it's on. Including the guy who posted it.

• Like 1

Thanks to GoogleEarth!

I'm sure it was just a bunch of shepherds and camel drivers placing random stones and rocks, eh, with no guidance from anybody? :tu:

Good point. Because randomly placed stones or "guidance" are the only ways it could have been built.

People from that part of the world are too stupid to have built it themselves using well known tools and simple mathematical methods to construct such a simple geometric shape. :tu:

Nearest SAM site to the campsite star is 120 kms NE at Kostanay. Not a desert by the way. And too many people have not read, or properly read the link provided by the OP that has the local archeaologist stating it is a park (campsite). Seems people who know nothing of this part of the world know more than the natives, well-well

Spot the difference

ad0d61882254.jpg

And too many people have not read, or properly read the link provided by the OP that has the local archeaologist stating it is a park (campsite).

It's a common symptom on these forums. Threads are regularly responded to by people who clearly want to offer an opinion without the effort involved in reading the thread itself or the article the thread is about.
  • Like 2

And too many people have not read, or properly read the link provided by the OP

Spot the difference

ad0d61882254.jpg

And some believe everything they read...

I am curious though, where are the actual campsites in that campsite? If it was/is a park wouldn't you contour it to the terrain and the water?

Also why is there remains of an airstrip on the left? There's a line of trees completely straight, near the road or track on the other side. And if you look the outline of the grass it appears to be a different shade of green and its a rectangle area, long enough to be an airfield of some kind

Also here some SAM sites with pretty much the same set up, all these in the Soviet Union

SA-2-site-Havana--U-2-flight-9-62.jpg

All over the world too

d84f1a5a2459.jpg

This one apparently in Cuba

4.jpg

• Like 1

And some believe everything they read...

I am curious though, where are the actual campsites in that campsite? If it was/is a park wouldn't you contour it to the terrain and the water?

And it has to be something with a shower block etc, people cannot put up a tent that leaves no mark, everything has to be contoured? This is not Versailles, just a patch of ground with a Soviet Star put on it. Look to the east bank of the river and you will see the facilities. they are there because that is were the only road leads, and not to spoil the actual star itself

And it has to be something with a shower block etc, people cannot put up a tent that leaves no mark, everything has to be contoured? This is not Versailles, just a patch of ground with a Soviet Star put on it. Look to the east bank of the river and you will see the facilities. they are there because that is were the only road leads, and not to spoil the actual star itself

Why an earth would someone travel to a "camp site" in the middle of nowhere?

if you look on the post before they are SAM sites shaped like that and one exactly the same shape too.

Also why is there remains of an airstrip on the left? There's a line of trees completely straight, near the road or track on the other side. And if you look the outline of the grass it appears to be a different shade of green and its a rectangle area, long enough to be an airfield of some kind

I very clearly laid this out in a previous post with a larger overview. There is no airstrip for very many kms, the only road is that which leads to the East bank of the river. There is no road on the West bank, there is nothing for a very long way except a rough track. The layout is similar, but clearly not the same as real SAM sites. Real sites have clear missile or artillery positions and a command centre in the middle. At the star there is none of these things, or any evidence of them ever existing. Why, when the only road is over a river without a bridge, would a SAM site be built on the West and not the East?. Besides, the local archeologist has clearly stated that the star is simply that, a star. Be interesting if anybody who still thinks they know better, were to provide positive proof that it was a SAM site, instead of simply saying it is. Perhaps they could say what the real site at Kostanay protects, and what is the configuration of that site, for instance, is it anything like a star? I know, anybody here know better?

Edited by Tutankhaten-pasheri
  • Like 1

Why an earth would someone travel to a "camp site" in the middle of nowhere?

if you look on the post before they are SAM sites shaped like that and one exactly the same shape too.

It is not in the middle of nowhere, what do you know of this area? and it is not exactly the same shape at all

sarcastic post deleted as I doubt it would be understood, same as much else.

Edited by Tutankhaten-pasheri