Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Which Cryptid Would You Hate to Run Into?

DecoNoir

Just for a bit of lightheartedness, which cryptid would who hate to run into? For the sake of civility lets just have fun and assume they're real, this isn't a debate thread.

For my record, the Papobowa of Tanzania has to be one of the most disturbing bits of local folklore I've come across. For those of you who don't feel like looking it up, the Papobowa is a one eyed bat demon that sneaks into mens beds and violates them vigorously... and for added detail he is apparently well endowed... just.... ugh.

So what do you all think? Got some good stuff?

• Like 2

wow that Papobowa of Tanzania sounds like nothing fun lmao so Im gonna say that one, also maybe the moth man he seems scary, also alien grays. they always freaked me out for some reason

Slenderman, because I'd have to book myself into a mental hospital after an encounter with a fictional cryptid.

• Like 1

I would WANT to see Sasquatch and/or Mothman.

I'd not at all want to meet up with those alleged 50-100' snakes in the Amazon. At least with Sasquatch or the Mothman there is a chance for a peaceful encounter. Those damn snakes have only one thing on their minds!

I have a problem with insects, so would be mothman, or a real big spider...

I have a problem with insects, so would be mothman, or a real big spider...

I agree, a spider cryptid. All those legs around you, piercing FANGS!, paralyzed, wrapped up to ponder and await the liquefying of your insides...not my chosen way to go :no:

Edited by QuiteContrary

For me it's not so much the torture they might give, but how they look... having a tarantula on my hand would be the same as having a man with fear for heights jump from 10 metres (I think 30 feet) to swimming pool.

Melba Ketchum without question.

What? She's not a cryptid you say? Are you kidding me? A lesbian with her own genetics lab and publishing house and claims to have had sex with Bigfoot. Hell, after that Bigfoot would be a damned old tea party.

Melba Ketchum without question.

What? She's not a cryptid you say? Are you kidding me? A lesbian with her own genetics lab and publishing house and claims to have had sex with Bigfoot. Hell, after that Bigfoot would be a damned old tea party.

I'm staring at my monitor in slack jawed horror right now...

• Like 2

Satan....I mean, think of the things that would intell if you just walk down a street, turn a corner and BAM!

lord of all evil just chilling at a Starbucks

i know, that won't really count as cryptids, but i'd say "ancient aliens"....that would give my belief in human creativity and ingenuity a huge dent, and it would also mean that all those stories i used to laugh at on here would be TRUE!

• Like 1

i know, that won't really count as cryptids, but i'd say "ancient aliens"....that would give my belief in human creativity and ingenuity a huge dent, and it would also mean that all those stories i used to laugh at on here would be TRUE!

Bonus dent for them being giant albinos?

Bonus dent for them being giant albinos?

1002569-ghostbusters_stay_puft_marshmallow_man_bank_1.jpg

• Like 2

The Beast of Dartmoor.... cos it would mean I'd gotten the wrong train home again.

• Like 6

Hmmm. The elusive 'Brick Wall' cryptid of course. Hides in plain sight and really hurts if you run into one... :whistle:

Edit: I know it is a bad joke I'm sorry.

Edited by Timonthy
  • Like 1

Hmmm. The elusive 'Brick Wall' cryptid of course. Hides in plain sight and really hurts if you run into one... :whistle:

Edit: I know it is a bad joke I'm sorry.

Hey my threads are open for jokes good or bad.

• Like 1

The one from the government that's here to help me.

• Like 1

MoMo:

http://www.stateofhorror.com/momo.html

Springheel Jack --does he count as a cryptid?

The Dover Demon always freaked me out, too.

Hey? Once you go bat you never go back.

• Like 3