Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Obama cancels talks with Putin

BiffSplitkins

Not to discuss controversial global topics like Obama did with Leno.

Reagan talked about his assassination attempt and Reaganomics, and Merv Griffin was not a comedy show.

Nixon wasn't even elected president yet. Jimmy Carter appeared on 'What's My Line' before his presidency as well. Perhaps you were thinking of Carter's brother Billy going on the talk show circuit?

I'm just saying the idea presidents shouldn't appear on shows like this seems unfounded.

as fo rteh things talked about, the specific thing said don't seem all that explosive ideas, "be watchful, don't be afraid dadadada"

I think Stalin may have been paranoid; more seriously, he was almost certainly sociopathic. This is the danger of one-party systems like the one Lenin envisioned: it gets taken over by a corrupt type who, once in command of the levers of power, ruthlessly uses them to consolidate and maintain his position.

China and Vietnam today are similar Leninist one-party states that have worked out ways to prevent this, at least we hope, after going through similar experiences. Although I would say there are many things about Castro's government in a similar state in Cuba that reveal incompetence, at least the regime has been relatively benign. North Korea is unmentionable.

• Like 1

It's madness.

Look around (not you Frank as you are not here)...we have a political system that is all about staying in position...they do not care about the "people"....how many politicians have entered "service" as a middle wager and become a millionaire?....If that does not show the corruption, I do not know what does.

Our politicians no longer care about the people....they are there for their own gain and no one else's.

At least....in theory...Lenin had an Idea.....most of our bloodsucking representatives do not....no beyond their immediate family anyway.

I am not for the Lenin idea....but at least he had one....something our leaders and representatives seem to be lacking these days....

Edited by Jeremiah65

HNIC was going to cancel this meeting no matter what....it's disgusting.

I think it was Edgar Cayce that said that one day Russia would save the world...is that what we are seeing?....the USA has become the monster and the former soviet union is the last bastion of human rights?

How freaking weirded out is that?

Well, unless you're gay that is.

Edited by Rafterman

The US got caught; don't let that cause you to think that others aren't doing the same things.

The US got caught; don't let that cause you to think that others aren't doing the same things.

we are not thinking they don't, but to the contrary of the US the others don't try to sell themselves as "The lighthouse of morality illuminating the world", which is what most hurts in this case.

• Like 2

we are not thinking they don't, but to the contrary of the US the others don't try to sell themselves as "The lighthouse of morality illuminating the world", which is what most hurts in this case.

Wow Q-mark...I could not have said that better.

The Homosexual issue in Russia...I don't know what to say. How people choose to live their lives behind closed doors is not and never will be a concern of mine....

As a free spirit, I like to let people do whatever makes people happy....this is a troubling thing but I do not have an answer...apparently some folks thinks it leads to the collapse of society....I guess they have their opinion

• Like 1

I don't see the US doing that, or maybe their efforts don't penetrate to the Vietnamese press. More significant, though, I think it is each country's responsibility to do things much like what the US got caught at but I would presume is continuing anyway. It is a proactive way to keep those who would commit terrorist acts away. It's like putting up burglar alarms around your house.

Russia's homophobia no doubt stems from Putin's efforts to keep the Orthodox Church behind him. It is a bit of gross hypocrisy.

The cold war never really ended. The last 20 years or so have simply been part of the natural ebb and flow of a struggle between two enemies. Now Russia is on its way up, and the US is on its way down. Do not expect the Russians to play nicely , they are a brutal people with a long memory and an equally long gameplan.

http://laissez-fairerepublic.com/tenplanks.html

http://rense.com/general32/americ.htm

The cold war never really ended. The last 20 years or so have simply been part of the natural ebb and flow of a struggle between two enemies. Now Russia is on its way up, and the US is on its way down. Do not expect the Russians to play nicely , they are a brutal people with a long memory and an equally long gameplan.

That is just raw paranoia. Russia has changed immensely. It may again become a dictatorship (unlikely)but it won't be Communist and it won't be after world control.
  • Like 1

Might be, but a new cold war is certainly not in our interest.

hmm i wonder about that. Russia was a reasonalble enemy to deal with, you could say you have missles we have missles if they are fired its lose / lose. They would understand that we could all shout at each other over the fence and everything was stagnant. Not so with people who want to blow themself up to kill you.

I mean Obama would be a terrible president in that situation but someone else it might work. Obama thinks he is right and people that oppose him are uniformed rather than just coming from a different point of view.

hmm i wonder about that. Russia was a reasonalble enemy to deal with, you could say you have missles we have missles if they are fired its lose / lose. They would understand that we could all shout at each other over the fence and everything was stagnant. Not so with people who want to blow themself up to kill you.

I mean Obama would be a terrible president in that situation but someone else it might work. Obama thinks he is right and people that oppose him are uniformed rather than just coming from a different point of view.

The world has changed, The Europeans are going to sit on the fence as they are too busy to forge a power of their own (discounting Britain). The Russians are in a better position than we are, in fact one could almost claim that the situation of the mid 80s is reversed. The Russians well off economically and us in a hell hole. In top of that We the People are unwilling to pay taxes to strengthen the government.

It is not in our interest.

• Like 2

Remember that Poland and Ukraine and Georgia and the Baltic states and East Germany and Croatia and Hungary and the Czechs and Slovenia and Slovakia and Armenia and a couple central Asian states are now closer to the States than to Russia.

Remember that Poland and Ukraine and Georgia and the Baltic states and East Germany and Croatia and Hungary and the Czechs and Slovenia and Slovakia and Armenia and a couple central Asian states are now closer to the States than to Russia.

And they are much closer to the EU than to the USA, which is why they will sit on the fence with the rest.

The US always had trouble with Europe, especially the French, but I don't see them "sitting on the fence" in any replay of the Cold War. I also see that scenario as so unlikely as to be almost ridiculous. China and India and the Muslims are the powers of the future, not Russia nor the US.

The world has changed, The Europeans are going to sit on the fence as they are too busy to forge a power of their own (discounting Britain). The Russians are in a better position than we are, in fact one could almost claim that the situation of the mid 80s is reversed. The Russians well off economically and us in a hell hole. In top of that We the People are unwilling to pay taxes to strengthen the government.

It is not in our interest.

Yes but access to natural resources have not changed. Russia has their own oil. we continue to have our suppliers. 3D printing will destory manufactoring based economies in 10-20 years. We will need to become more aggressive in keeping tech in country, which is happening Lenovo is already band in many federal government locations.

Also our nuclear capability remains above the mathimatical number required to de orbit the earth.

Yes but access to natural resources have not changed. Russia has their own oil. we continue to have our suppliers. 3D printing will destory manufactoring based economies in 10-20 years. We will need to become more aggressive in keeping tech in country, which is happening Lenovo is already band in many federal government locations.

Also our nuclear capability remains above the mathimatical number required to de orbit the earth.

We have suppliers as long as they are confident that they will get something in return. If there is a new cold war that could take a long, long time. So, think again.

And 3D printing will destroy nothing, just because you can print a car does not mean that you made BMW obsolete, they will just sell you a program to print a BMW. Just as CAD and CAM have not made engineering obsolete.

Putin would have done far more damage to his image, if he hadn't protected Snowden.

Besides, when you think about it, Putin is the last true "crowned head of Europe," at least in terms of his behavior, and the last I checked Moscow is Europe's most populous city.

It's an interesting coincidence that the same day I published my piece below here on April 4, Edward Snowden would say "goodbye" to his own family.

Perhaps the NSA should have been paying me 200k a year, because their "crystal ball" was not just about to go "dark," it was about to break wide open.

(BEGIN VIDEOTAPE)

BOLLING: I think people want to know, have you spoken to Ed?

LON SNOWDEN, FATHER OF NSA LEAKER: No, the last time I saw Ed was April 4th, in the shadow of the National Security Agency. We had gone out to dinner. He seemed to be carrying a heavy burden, I was concerned about him. I shared that after I came home.

But we hugged as we always do. He said, "I love you, dad." I said, "I love you, Ed." And I expected to see him again.

I wish I had some words of advice for our military and state department, as I hear that their "crystal's gone dark." 4/4/2013

The religious conflicts is where we need to have our attention....in my humble opinion.

Nothing stirs insanity quite like religion does.

We have suppliers as long as they are confident that they will get something in return. If there is a new cold war that could take a long, long time. So, think again.

And 3D printing will destroy nothing, just because you can print a car does not mean that you made BMW obsolete, they will just sell you a program to print a BMW. Just as CAD and CAM have not made engineering obsolete.

3d printing is first going to destory manufactoring of every hand held lump of plastic first. Places like vietnam, china and other emerging economies that make random plastic things are going to see that market vaporized. Every gumball machine full of junk toys and supermarket toys will be the first things that become 3d printed. Any sort of vinyl figurine, game pieces and random paper clips.

Next will come the economical printing small circuits within object's. Things like egg timers and flashlights will be printed. Things like keyboards and mice will be 3d printed. This will happen at a store probably like radio shack at first then move into the home.

Anything 4x4x4 is going to fall into the realm of 3d printing. The BMW or a house no they will not be printed. Large means uneconomical in 3d printing. But any economy relying of the production of "Crap" for resale will be very vulnerable. Workmanship will become further valued and something like a wll consturcted car should be safe from 3d printing

3d printing is first going to destory manufactoring of every hand held lump of plastic first. Places like vietnam, china and other emerging economies that make random plastic things are going to see that market vaporized. Every gumball machine full of junk toys and supermarket toys will be the first things that become 3d printed. Any sort of vinyl figurine, game pieces and random paper clips.

Next will come the economical printing small circuits within object's. Things like egg timers and flashlights will be printed. Things like keyboards and mice will be 3d printed. This will happen at a store probably like radio shack at first then move into the home.

Anything 4x4x4 is going to fall into the realm of 3d printing. The BMW or a house no they will not be printed. Large means uneconomical in 3d printing. But any economy relying of the production of "Crap" for resale will be very vulnerable. Workmanship will become further valued and something like a wll consturcted car should be safe from 3d printing

If you exclude China and the Third World there is nobody building "crap", way to expensive to do so in any advanced enough society. And neither China nor the Third World will be a problem for a long time. They have issues of their own to solve first. The problems will surge there where they actually do have an advanced industrial basis.

Going on Jerry Springer would paint him as human too, but it would still be just as unprofessional for The President Of The United States to do such a thing!!

It's not his job to 'be human'. His job is to present himself as a professional world leader.

George Bush was just as guilty of this by going on Dr. Phil when he was in office as well as Clinton going on Letterman while Clinton still held the presidency.

Really? But it's OK for any political party leader to act human when they go canvassing for votes in the running for office? I've seen them all at it, its all part of reaching out to the public, and showing a more human side, but now this is some sort of crime?

I cannot understand why anyone would think it is a big deal for any political leader to chill out a bit on a talk show?

Do political leaders need to walk around as if they have a hot poker up their backsides?

The world laughs at us Americans I'm sure. How embarrassing.

Hardly likely...Unless they are sad human beings with nothing better to do and are easily amused, lights on and no one home, then yea they might laugh.. ... He cancelled a meeting,and I am sure he isn't the first to cancel a meeting.. He will see him at the G-20 summit, just not a one to one.. I think he was advised to cancel, and there were a good few reasons, for something like that wouldn't be a mere - I just can't be bothered!!...There are always a few reason reasons ... It happens...You may well see something come up in the near future, who knows?

Edited by Beckys_Mom

for all we know, they may have canceled and decided to go grab some McD's next week due to scheduling conflicts.

It's not like they tell us everything, nor should they