Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New Zealand UFO lands in middle of road

Mechanic Matthew Robert was 'freaked out' when he encountered a strange object in the middle of the road.

A West Coast man is 'freaked out' after coming face to face last night with what he claims was a UFO, parked on the road outside the entrance to Shantytown.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Like 3

well at least now we have a FIRST report ever of a car shaped ufo... PARKED on the side of the road, the same place cars USUALLY park

so, he was outside the entrance to shantytown, and these locations are great for the sourcing of drugs...

Hence he later appeared bug eyed, agitated, with watery eyes...(and snorting stuff can produce the same effects) :lol: When his missus yelled "why the hell are you late, have you been fooling around down shanty town again"... he had to come up with some wacky story didnt he?

Edited by seeder
  • Like 5

Maybe they were lost and just looking for directions to Rutherglen, Scotland. Home to many aliens.

• Like 2

...and these locations are great for the sourcing of drugs...

hear, hear.... :D

anyway: easy to say that as an outside observer, but if stuff like that would actually happen to me, i would have immediately gotten into contact to the guys from the other three cars that stopped (as he claimed), so i got sum witnesses before i go home and tell this weird tale to my missus!! ;)

• Like 1

well at least now we have a FIRST report ever of a car shaped ufo...

although he doesnt specifically say 'car shaped' he just says what looked like a car without its loghts on :)

PARKED on the side of the road, the same place cars USUALLY park

it wasnt on the side of the road it was in the middle of the road...not where cars normally park :)

so, he was outside the entrance to shantytown, and these locations are great for the sourcing of drugs..

. he doesnt say he was outside the entrance....just on the road outside shantytown

Hence he later appeared bug eyed, agitated, with watery eyes...(and snorting stuff can produce the same effects) :lol: When his missus yelled "why the hell are you late, have you been fooling around down shanty town again"... he had to come up with some wacky story didnt he?

who said he was late?

you really must stop snorting that stuff Seeder :yes::-*

anyway: easy to say that as an outside observer, but if stuff like that would actually happen to me, i would have immediately gotten into contact to the guys from the other three cars that stopped (as he claimed), so i got sum witnesses before i go home and tell this weird tale to my missus!! ;)

although they all sped off? be a little tricky to make contact

• Like 4

Id have just made a mental note of the ufo/cars license plate... :lol:

• Like 2

Id have just made a mental note of the ufo/cars license plate... :lol:

and you'd have forgotten it two minutes later due to the drugs :)

although he doesnt specifically say 'car shaped' he just says what looked like a car without its loghts on :)

it wasnt on the side of the road it was in the middle of the road...not where cars normally park :)

. he doesnt say he was outside the entrance....just on the road outside shantytown

who said he was late?

you really must stop snorting that stuff Seeder :yes::-*

your comments can only apply if you have a tendency to believe such tales, and the honesty of the man reporting his story, Im thinking more and more you are in fact inclined to believe such 'stories'

although they all sped off? be a little tricky to make contact

dang, i must have missed that detail.....but hey: if you just experienced the thrill of a UFO sighting, you surely wouldn't say no to a car chase.... ;)

• Like 1

Was it a DeLorean?

:tu: I like how you think!

• Like 1

The UFO just did what any good ET driver should do, pull to the side of the road to phone home.

• Like 4

your comments can only apply if you have a tendency to believe such tales, and the honesty of the man reporting his story, Im thinking more and more you are in fact inclined to believe such 'stories'

rubbish! how can my comments only apply if I believe such tales? you made up some parts to the story as it was told and I corrected them for you....what has this got to do with whether I believe them or not????

as for you thinking more and more what I am inclined to believe then the problem is with you for thinking that not me........unless you have something to back up that line of thinking?

• Like 3

Of course, like the thousands of "claims" before this, there has always never been a photo to prove the sighting.

rubbish! how can my comments only apply if I believe such tales? you made up some parts to the story as it was told and I corrected them for you....what has this got to do with whether I believe them or not????

as for you thinking more and more what I am inclined to believe then the problem is with you for thinking that not me........unless you have something to back up that line of thinking?

Dummyspit?

You tried to dissect a tongue in cheek post I made , (with the use of smileys), as if you were on debunk mode. :lol:

My stance, just to be 'clear', is that I rarely if ever, take ufo reports seriously, as I simply do not believe the vast majority and the one or two decent historic cases cant be verified either way. So whats left to believe in?

For me, very very little. But why dont you go off into google land and do some research on "new zealand ufo", and you will find, its The Herald that's running this story, I have looked at 4 other NZ news sites and none mention it - at all. Tho the Herald has since ran an update

So I have to question then, what kind of rag is the Herald? On par with the UK's Sun, or Daily Sport? A comic book? Why no other NZ stations news reporting it? So far anyway...

Where I live, the major town has the main newspaper, the smaller boroughs produce a 4/6 page rag with local news of 'man grows giant onion' because there isnt much happening at the local community level. Funny enough, our local free waste of time rag is also called the Herald....

And I did 'all that' before posting my non committal reply.

Did you? :tu:

Pics or it didn't happen :no:

• Like 2

Dummyspit?

You tried to dissect a tongue in cheek post I made , (with the use of smileys), as if you were on debunk mode. :lol:

My stance, just to be 'clear', is that I rarely if ever, take ufo reports seriously, as I simply do not believe the vast majority and the one or two decent historic cases cant be verified either way. So whats left to believe in?

For me, very very little. But why dont you go off into google land and do some research on "new zealand ufo", and you will find, its The Herald that's running this story, I have looked at 4 other NZ news sites and none mention it - at all. Tho the Herald has since ran an update

So I have to question then, what kind of rag is the Herald? On par with the UK's Sun, or Daily Sport? A comic book? Why no other NZ stations news reporting it? So far anyway...

Where I live, the major town has the main newspaper, the smaller boroughs produce a 4/6 page rag with local news of 'man grows giant onion' because there isnt much happening at the local community level. Funny enough, our local free waste of time rag is also called the Herald....

And I did 'all that' before posting my non committal reply.

Did you? :tu:

dummyspit? hardly, just pointing out your response about my comments not applying, made no sense.

As for debunk mode, again hardly, it was as much tongue in cheek as was your opening post, I think you just got touchy because of the mistakes in your post about what was said by witness.

As for googleland, to research what exactly? a story from some guy who saw a light shoot up into the sky.....what could I possibly learn from this?

whether you believe UFO stories or not is irrelevant, I never asked for confirmation of your 'stance' so not sure why you felt you had to add this.

anyways, back to the initial 'dig' of yours that I asked you to back up......before you went off on a tangent about dummies and the Sun newspaper

• Like 1

Too bad it wasn't in Russia. They all seem to have dash cams over there. It's a good story but unfortunately that's all we got here.

• Like 1

Why not take this at face value. The individual may indeed believe that he had an encounter with a UFO. We know nothing of this individual's background. He may have had a visual hallucination as a result of an organic disorder of the brain, drug use, sleep deprivation, psychosis, or other causal influence. That no one else has come forward makes the reality of the event questionable.

• Like 1

It's a trade mark of dozens people on this forum:

1) To disbelieve any witness.

2) To discredit any witness.

3) To make mocking bird of the case and the thread.

As a result very few incidents of a serious nature are ever discussed here any more and I can only see the threads becoming more and more bland.

• Like 7

It's a trade mark of dozens people on this forum:

1) To disbelieve any witness.

2) To discredit any witness.

3) To make mocking bird of the case and the thread.

As a result very few incidents of a serious nature are ever discussed here any more and I can only see the threads becoming more and more bland.

To be fair, pretty much any incident ends up with a thread on UM. Of course it's not good when people are ridiculed for telling their stories, but reading through believers justifications and arguments has resulted in me having a much more bland outlook on any possibility of ET being here on earth throughout any time in history.

Eye witness account + no evidence = bland thread.

Ain't our fault bro. It's the believers killing my belief in ET on earth - not the skeptics.

• Like 4

To those who are complaining about lack of photos, here in New Zealand, where I am from, it is against the law to use mobile phones while driving. Also this happened at night, pretty tricky to get out your mobile and take a photo at night all in a split second. Our country roads, where this took place are pitch black at night, no street lights in the countryside you see. The paper this story comes from is not a tabloid, it's our National newspaper. He would had to have had a camera installed in his head that uses thought to operate it to have taken a pic of something that was there one second and gone the next.

I agree with zoser.

• Like 6

I don't know where the shanty-town drug use stories are coming from.. But the shanty-town south of Greymouth is a family retreat park.. Have been to Greymouth, but not shantytown.. Which incidentally is on the west coast of the south Island where the people are about as down to earth as you can get..

Interesting artical..

• Like 5

Of course, like the thousands of "claims" before this, there has always never been a photo to prove the sighting.

Umm, yes there has. There is never a photo that is good enough for people and there NEVER WILL be. Video cannot even be believed these days because there are some very talented cgi animators.

• Like 3