Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New Zealand UFO lands in middle of road

Wake up and smell the after burn from UFO's, this shat is for real! It really is, prove to me it's not?

If the complete lack of proven and accepted scientific evidence isn't enough, then it is not worth trying to fight about.

• Like 2

Was it a DeLorean?

I totes thought the same thing!

• Like 2

Strange lights also witnessed the very same night in nearby Taylorville...

http://greystar.co.n...scepticism-rife

I love their photo wearing the tin foil hats :P like that kid from signs.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

They are everywhere actually, I have seen them a lot night/day in New Zealand. They are floating around in the sky/air and they are almost invisible most of the time. If you are able to see the aura you will be able to see it too easily. There are always darker shade of colour in the sky and usually round objects and they glide like a stingray, that's why I call them "stingrays" :-) I have seen them in the clear and relatively close proximity three times, so yea..they are around us. :-)

• Like 3

They are everywhere actually, I have seen them a lot night/day in New Zealand. They are floating around in the sky/air and they are almost invisible most of the time. If you are able to see the aura you will be able to see it too easily. There are always darker shade of colour in the sky and usually round objects and they glide like a stingray, that's why I call them "stingrays" :-) I have seen them in the clear and relatively close proximity three times, so yea..they are around us. :-)

I am not a UFO nut (i may be a conspiracy nut, but that depends on your worldview), but over the last 2 years in NZ i have had multiple UFO sightings. I have also seen a dark grey blob "floating" over Waitakere/North Shore and then moving at high speed once about 6 months ago. But the "UFO's" that i have seen more often (three sightings in 2 years) have been of bright white orbs. These orbs(which i have seen in pairs and on their own) seem to be hoovering at a high altitude (almost a rocking motion back and forth) and when they take off, are very quickly over the horizon.I am also not wasting my time trying to film these things on my iphone, as they are so far away it would only be a pixel or two on a video that everyone would accuse me of faking. What is the point in that. These experiences are too fleeting to waste trying to record. I have no vested interest and, quite frankly, don't really care if anyone believes me.To put this into context, i have had an interest in the unexplained since i was knee high to a grass hopper, and have never seen any UFO's until 2012.

Edited by Professor Buzzkill
  • Like 3

Of course, like the thousands of "claims" before this, there has always never been a photo to prove the sighting.

Hard to blur it up enough when it's sitting still
  • Like 1

Parked at the side of the road like that at night...dangerous. Hope he got the thing's license plates...

• Like 1

It's impossible to disprove anything. The burden of proof falls to the one who says something is real. In trying to disprove soemthing the best that can be done is finding a possible rational explanation

I can do better than that. Until either can prove what it is the case remains open. I've said this before but there is no default position for skeptics to hang their coats on.

I can do better than that. Until either can prove what it is the case remains open. I've said this before but there is no default position for skeptics to hang their coats on.

Explain this to me zoser: How is it that we have someone, Professor Buzzkill, tell us that he has been seeing UFOs in NZ for the past two years, yet you're fixated on a story that you can garner no further info from. I mean, the guy is right here in your face and would probably answer any questions (from any member), yet no one even bothers.

Seems to me that in this section, if skeptic can't tell someone they're wrong, they won't reply, and the 'believers' just gloss over revealing posts from members when they can ply them with pertinent questions, instead focusing on stories posted from other places on the web. Sometimes cases that have happened decades ago! The guy is right freaking here, right now! I really don't think any of you have a genuine concern about this topic.

Now, Professor Buzzkill, was that grey blob any closer than the white orbs? Could you tell its size?

Explain this to me zoser: How is it that we have someone, Professor Buzzkill, tell us that he has been seeing UFOs in NZ for the past two years, yet you're fixated on a story that you can garner no further info from. I mean, the guy is right here in your face and would probably answer any questions (from any member), yet no one even bothers.

Seems to me that in this section, if skeptic can't tell someone they're wrong, they won't reply, and the 'believers' just gloss over revealing posts from members when they can ply them with pertinent questions, instead focusing on stories posted from other places on the web. Sometimes cases that have happened decades ago! The guy is right freaking here, right now! I really don't think any of you have a genuine concern about this topic.

Now, Professor Buzzkill, was that grey blob any closer than the white orbs? Could you tell its size?

I only said I think it's an open case...................................... :blush:

Edited by zoser

Yes, the grey blob appeared to be 400-500 meters above the ground and larger than the white "orbs". It would be hard to speculate on its size, but I estimate that it was bigger than the average helicopter. Maybe 10meters in diameter.

Yes, the grey blob appeared to be 400-500 meters above the ground and larger than the white "orbs". It would be hard to speculate on its size, but I estimate that it was bigger than the average helicopter. Maybe 10meters in diameter.

Forgive me for asking professor.

In response to SP's comment.

What is your background and experience?

Forgive me for asking professor.

In response to SP's comment.

What is your background and experience?

I just read an earlier post. I have not really been involved in this thread................until now.

I am not a UFO nut (i may be a conspiracy nut, but that depends on your worldview), but over the last 2 years in NZ i have had multiple UFO sightings. I have also seen a dark grey blob "floating" over Waitakere/North Shore and then moving at high speed once about 6 months ago. But the "UFO's" that i have seen more often (three sightings in 2 years) have been of bright white orbs. These orbs(which i have seen in pairs and on their own) seem to be hoovering at a high altitude (almost a rocking motion back and forth) and when they take off, are very quickly over the horizon.I am also not wasting my time trying to film these things on my iphone, as they are so far away it would only be a pixel or two on a video that everyone would accuse me of faking. What is the point in that. These experiences are too fleeting to waste trying to record. I have no vested interest and, quite frankly, don't really care if anyone believes me.To put this into context, i have had an interest in the unexplained since i was knee high to a grass hopper, and have never seen any UFO's until 2012.

Very nice post. Do you hear any sound? Do you have any explanation; local airports, etc?

And could you describe the 'blob' better? I'm picturing the bubbles in a lava lamp (did it change shape like those would). Was it a matte grey, or shiny?

Edited by Sweetpumper

Just to make a proper response. You make a good point that if there is a first hand witness to such events then it would be helpful to all to glean as much as possible provided or course that the witness is willing.

I would have thought that other cases are still worthy of investigation regardless of when they occurred especially when they involve close contact with ET's which many of them have.

Just making the point even though I still agree with the sentiment of your post.

Very nice post. Do you hear any sound? Do you have any explanation; local airports, etc?

No sounds whatsoever, the grey blob was sighted near Auckland city, but at least 30km's from the international airport and 5kms from the air force base (which houses Hercules and Orions only) at a height of approx 500meters flying out to sea. Other sightings of white orbs have been near Kawerau in the Bay of Plenty which is approx 50kms from Rotorua Airport. And one sighting north of Silverdale which does have a cessna flying school nearby. As for my background. I am not involved with any aeronautic groups or have any background related to flying or the military. I work in fire protection and have done so throughout my career

And could you describe the 'blob' better? I'm picturing the bubbles in a lava lamp (did it change shape like those would). Was it a matte grey, or shiny?

It was an overcast day, the bottom of the object was dark grey while the top was rounded, but bright enough to almost blend in with the clouds. This would have been about 2pm, so still pretty bright despite the clouds.This will probably be my last post for a few hours. Its almost 9am on Thursday here, so i am off to work.

No sounds whatsoever, the grey blob was sighted near Auckland city, but at least 30km's from the international airport and 5kms from the air force base (which houses Hercules and Orions only) at a height of approx 500meters flying out to sea. Other sightings of white orbs have been near Kawerau in the Bay of Plenty which is approx 50kms from Rotorua Airport. And one sighting north of Silverdale which does have a cessna flying school nearby. As for my background. I am not involved with any aeronautic groups or have any background related to flying or the military. I work in fire protection and have done so throughout my career

Thanks BK.

Do these sightings ever make local news? Do they even make local conversation? It sounds like you definitely live near one of the so called 'hot spots'.

It was an overcast day, the bottom of the object was dark grey while the top was rounded, but bright enough to almost blend in with the clouds. This would have been about 2pm, so still pretty bright despite the clouds.This will probably be my last post for a few hours. Its almost 9am on Thursday here, so i am off to work.

Can't we stop the earth from rotating; it's only 9:50pm here !

As Long as its not one of those White blobs that chase you down the beach as you run away scared ! AKA "Prisoner" :alien:

Who are you and what have you done with the real Zoser?

• Like 1