Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is this Paranormal?

Hyfr Powers

excuse me ,madam.

While you're free to enjoy your beliefs in paranormal. I feel it prudent to point out that being skeptic isn't about disproving the paranormal. It is about making sure the paranormal is real, by giving other theories to be tested. We skeptics, actually hope to find something paranormal, and that it be real. It is our belief in science, logic and reasoning, that we do what we do. We look for the truth, We don't disprove beliefs, we disprove falseness.

....T-shirts of this quote will be sold for 5 dollars or 2 for 15

• Like 4

While you're free to enjoy your beliefs in paranormal.

The word "paranormal" is a bit of a misnomer, everything that happens is perfectly natural and normal, and is part of nature, granted some things are wierd, or at least us 21st century humans believe them to be wierd simply because we can't fully understand or explain it.........rather like quantum physics a real observed phenomena but noone can say they fully understand it.

In 500 years from now who knows what things we'd have knowledge of that currently we have no clue about, It could well be that that Ghosts are finally explained as a natural phenomena that occur under certain conditions and won't anymore be considered mysterious or "paranormal".or even "spooky".

Edited by klambo

Yeah, but now? here, in the moment when i post this.

psychics, ghosts, aliens, lizard people, a roudn thing w/ an itty bitty waist in yo' face that don't make you get sprung, etc. all these are paranormal.

• Like 1

Yeah, but now? here, in the moment when i post this.

psychics, ghosts, aliens, lizard people, a roudn thing w/ an itty bitty waist in yo' face that don't make you get sprung, etc. all these are paranormal.

So does that mean that quatum physics is paranormal, given that noone can fully explain or understand it?

.... i dont consider myself paranormal. i consider myself a normal being who is more intune with "paranormal" things.. which is why i am considered a psychic

Paranormal being things that happen outside normal experiences, no if Quantum Physics are correct, then we live in the process of them constantly happening.

QP is a set of theories

.... i dont consider myself paranormal. i consider myself a normal being who is more intune with "paranormal" things.. which is why i am considered a psychic

And psychics are outside normal experiences, so they are by deffinition paranormal.

so who made u the king of deciding how people think and what they do or who/what they understand?

I never said I don't you asked me why and took it personal.

Here is something that happened in America, Meaning this is factical, not from some random site or some news article.

During the 1800s to 1900s, There was no truth to medicine in America. People relied on myths, rumors and old cures. A lot of people were victims of home brew cures called "patent medicines" such as Kick-a-poo Indian Sagwa" and "Warner's Safe Cure for Diabetes". These drugs were not tested and had many claims in them, they were news articles, street pedders, salesmen and people believed it. When the newly formed FDA tested these wonderful cures they found was opium, morphine, heroin, and cocaine. Until research, Patience and above all the will to better ourselves, the FDA over came the horrible cures that was encouraging drug use and even deaths. They made a law that required people to put the contents on the bottles.

My point is, just like the FDA, we try and see the real reason behind peoples events, stories and their evidence, some things are not explained (lack of information etc) but we rely on the facts and not rely on online articles and new paper and some bloke telling you on the street corner.

http://www.fda.gov/AboutFDA/WhatWeDo/History/Overviews/ucm056044.htm

i am a little more than a beginner psychic,

Not touching this one

and yes they are real, so i have studied several books and articles on this type of stuff.

You forget one thing, people lie, people have an active imagination, not every thing in print is real, like harry potter.

say what u will about me and what i say but i know what im talking about. animals really do have a higher sensory than humans, look it up yourself if you have to. they know when someone is not okay to be around, they know when bad weather is coming, etc. as for ghosts, i have seen them. i know, not good enough proof but who cares. i know what i saw. so, thank you and have a woderfully paranormal day.

My point is you are claiming they can see ghosts with no evidence, no research only by flight of fancy. There is no research just sheer speculation, as said in chat, We can not assume something we do not know about. Yes they can sense weather change, better hearing but it DOES not mean they can see and hear and sense ghosts.
  • Like 2

Paranormal being things that happen outside normal experiences, no if Quantum Physics are correct, then we live in the process of them constantly happening.

QP is a set of theories

So when particles are observed in multiple places at the same time, that's not exactly something we would expect within our "normal experiences".

well then i am paranormal and proud of it.. i don't care if people thing of me as weird, strange, paranormal, crazy, or even stupid. paranormal things are constantly happening wether people notice it or not. Brian i refuse to touch ANYTHING you have to say.

Sure it is, its one of the parts of Quantum Physics that have been proven right.

Once something is proven, then its normal, it just happens.

The Dhali Llama once said, when questioned how he would respond if his faith were proven wrong by science, "I would then have to modify my faith, to fit into this situation."

not an exact quote, and I don't really hold much weight to the Llama's jibber jabber.

but that concept is the same as skeptic's outlook. When something is proven, then we'll accept it.

well then i am paranormal and proud of it.. i don't care if people thing of me as weird, strange, paranormal, crazy, or even stupid. paranormal things are constantly

That is your perrogative, and I wouldn't deny you your beliefs. I just don't share them, and will question them when I find something that doesn't make sense to me

• Like 2

Sure it is, its one of the parts of Quantum Physics that have been proven right.

Once something is proven, then its normal, it just happens.

So what you are saying is that before the age of Quantum Physics then any discussion about particles appearing in multiple places would have been considered "paranormal"

well then i am paranormal and proud of it.. i don't care if people thing of me as weird, strange, paranormal, crazy, or even stupid. paranormal things are constantly happening wether people notice it or not. Brian i refuse to touch ANYTHING you have to say.

You have a right to believe what you believe but people will always question those beliefs, just like all religions. I am not going into a broken record. I said what is said and that is that.

• Like 1

Hold on, what going on here then? Why the hostility?

i don't read that Brain Topp has accused you of any of these things you list, has he?

Being psychic isn't the be all and end all….Well, that is what i have found anyway.

There's a lot to be understood about understanding.

If you are as well educated in the psychic arts as you declare then you should know better by now.

This surely shirley, isn't the first time your beliefs have been questioned?

This is an opportunity to debate, review and question all you know to date and of others beliefs too.

It's ok LittlePuppetGirl, it's ok.

Enjoy the challenges, the questions…..Of yourself and others about these things.

• Like 2

i have stated before that i am just barely above beginner. i have yet to put it all out in the open like i have here. no, brian did not say anything like that to me as i have not said he did. im just saying i do not care what people think of me. :)

i have stated before that i am just barely above beginner. i have yet to put it all out in the open like i have here. no, brian did not say anything like that to me as i have not said he did. im just saying i do not care what people think of me. :)

I am the diet coke of the skeptical world, If you think i am mean, which i am not, you will soon meet the Classic Coke of the skeptics here.

• Like 2

Oh i am sorry LittlePuppetGirl, i thought you had said you had studied. My apologies.

Ok, then you are as a seedling, go gently, be kind…To yourself in particular.

Okay then,

Warning,

This is not an easy path being psychic, you still have the minefield of general day to day living as well to deal with on top of all the weirdness and magical experiences you will adventure upon. It can get pretty confusing, juggling different timings, levels and knowings. You will be confronted with bare faced liars. Yet, you will not be able to address them head on even though you know they are as they are and some people, man! Some people are mean, mean, mean, who will use you for their own personal gains, tear you up just because you are there.

I know, i have been burned way to many times. Not because i didn't know they where like the way they are but because i gave the benefit of the doubt, when i knew better not to.

There is much, much study ahead of you. So enjoy as much as you can and learn from the rest. Use the obstacles that arrive as stepping stones.

Hope this helps.

All the best.

• Like 1

Thank you Blue, u r a nice person. and yes, i did say that i studied, but i meant like reading kind of studying and also my mother is a psychic and i was studying her and learning her ways. i do though intend to expand my studies to where i put out in open public my psychic ways. i do tarrot, im trying to get into crystal balls, i can sense people's feelings... i know it's going to be hard but i want people to know WHO i am...

And to Brian, i would appreciate it if you would stop commenting on some of the things i say. i did not say that i think you are mean, i just think that you come off too strong. you did, however, make me feel like you were calling me a liar and a copycat. yes, i have no proof, and i cannot prove that i have proof. i was not trying to make people believe what i want them to or whatever, i was just suggesting the paranormal side of possibilities. i respect you in your decision of skepticism. there is nothig wrong with that. and i hope you respect/accept my decision to be a believer.

Welcome to UM.

You can't ask people to stop replying to what you have to say as this is a discussion board. No one was attacking you personally as Blue Star said. Brian comes across as factual and straight to the point. We are all different and you'll just have to get used to it. You should have seen it coming.

• Like 2