Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Over 100,000 sign up for one-way Mars trip

Saru

The fact that there's no way to get home again has done little to stop people signing up in their droves.

The chance to colonise a new planet sounds like something from Star Trek, but early settlers need to accept that they are unlikely to see Earth again. This is exactly what a large number of people will do in 2022, when the Mars One project launches.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Like 1

I wonder if its possible to sign up other people than myself.... like my neighbour.

• Like 5

I waana go ! I want my name weiten in history books with my handsome face.

"Writen"

Sorry, but I reckon it's a big con. 100k people paid fifty bucks each. 5 million towards a 6 billion dollar project. Riiiiiight.

I bet over half of these people want to go and not come back because they know this rock is rapidly going down the crapper!

They are thinking something along the lines of...

dontwanttoliveonthisplanet_zpse14bd37b.png

• Like 1

Where are they going to live? What are they going to do? After about 10 minutes they'll all want to come home but they'll be trapped forever.

• Like 1

Has this story rumbled around yet again?

Interesting idea but it stinks of BS to me...

• Like 1

Well the problem with Leaving this Planet ,Mars is far more difficult to Live on than any Earth even for the next 50 to 100 years ! But Give us time We can destroy it Sooner If we Keep on this tract !

No way in He$$ that we can Tera-form Mars in under a few thousand years the way I see it ! But Hey ! Im all for the Trip ! One cant Live forever ! I would go in a heart beat ! :tu:

I'm contemplating it....Id like to attempt to start a cult up there.

then Skeptical B, emperor of Mars....has a nice ring to it

YEah ! Thats the Ticket ! King & Queen of Mars ! I`ll Play Flash Gordon and Come Kick some Martian Booty !

9-years to launch? That's not even going to happen. More like 20 years at best.

Even still, when it is able, maybe the will have room for my already dead carcass/ashes.

Ashes are light-weight, shouldn't be a problem. :passifier:

Quote me a price, as I do not any longer wish to be buried in this b****** Earth.

• Like 1

So who is building the ship, the base? Who will train them, how often will they need a resupply?

The whole thing is ridiculous, clearly pie in the sky.

I think this response reflects why we have been so successful as a species. We are inherently adventurers driven to explore and adapt. To inhibit this drive is to diminish that which should be celebrated.

• Like 1

maybe they are sending the 100,000 people to reduce our pop a bit?

maybe they are sending the 100,000 people to reduce our pop a bit?

I know you were jesting, but for those that don't know, here's from the article:

The final shortlist will feature 40 applicants and, of these, only four (two men, two women) will be sent on the first trip. The four are expected to touch down on Mars in April 2023.

--------------------

Again, I seriously doubt they can launch in 9-years. Safely, anyway.

Will they be sending stuff prior to the final launch being bio domes to live in, vehicles, food, plants (seeds) etc etc or will they be putting all the eggs into one basket. ?

THey asked If they could send my B.B.Q smoker ? I said no ,I still need it for a few more cook`s ! But I will make one just for them ! :tu:

I would gladly send these 100,000 morons to Mars if I could. I'm willing to bet that the majority of them know nothing about Mars. This reminds me of the time when some company was scamming idiots out of their money by offering them real estate on the moon. Good rittens to these idiots.

More air for me

• Like 1

Great Attitude "highdesert50 " That's the way man really is a Risk taker on all Levels ! :tu:

• Like 1

considering my luck...or lack thereof, I would most likely get stuck with 3 people I completely despise.

On the brighter side of things, I'd be Mars' first serial killer, therefor becoming imperial ruler/lone survivor.

Almost tempting.

Now were thinking inside the Box ! Murder on Mars ! I see a mini-series on the Horizon ! :tu: