Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Mysteries Fires in Canneto di Caronia

EllJay

That is cool!!!!

I imagine moving magma and the friction underneath might be able to cause ground currents? After all we do owe our geomagnetic field to rotating magma right?

Indeed we do :tu:

Second nature to me these days, I was pulling apart electronic lighters when I just became a teen to get the little arcing device out of them. They utilise Piezo electricity. Great for practical jokes. :ph34r:

How bizzare.

Oddly still, animals once flying or walking, dropping dead? Plant life becoming plant death? This hazzard sounds more toxic than electrical. So if not man made then the next likely candidate is natural.

Electricity can be generated in the atmosphere we all know that so perhaps by earth and sky combined these forces are explained.

Exactly right, dust in the atmosphere rubbing together can stir up quite some static electricity. Good Call there, a combination might indeed have been the obvious that escaped those trying to explain it.

• Like 1

In a coincidence of full moon and cultural alignment long live the traditions of Naga.

Naga fireballs: Swamp Gas or Divine Breath?

To anyone unfamiliar with UFO phenomenon and its culture, the swamp gas explanation says that in marshy areas, organic material decomposes underground producing deposits of methane. Said methane eventually finds its way to the surface, and upon coming into contact with oxygen, it spontaneously ignites providing a brief little light show for anyone who happens to be nearby. Fairly simple chemistry actually...

...So we’re left with three apparent possibilities: a giant magical serpent breathing tiny bubbles of fire, swamp gas, or a sort of unintentional hoax (or perhaps intentional).

Maybe certain spontaneous eruptions can occur in swamps but this is more inteeresting because it happens in or above water, the Mehkong river to be precise. I do believe it possible electrical life forms must exist in a pure sense... Somewhere.

http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2014/01/naga-fireballs-swamp-gas-or-divine-breath/

Science is a bully for truth and cultural mysticism often falls victim. Mysteries can be beautiful. I like dragons.

• Like 1

Exactly right, dust in the atmosphere rubbing together can stir up quite some static electricity. Good Call there, a combination might indeed have been the obvious that escaped those trying to explain it.

This seems co incidental. 1892: Oceanquake and luminosity.

http://books.google.co.nz/books?id=SP6JmM70J8cC&pg=PA144&dq=1892:+oceanquake++luminosity&hl=en&sa=X&ei=sPIzU_LKKIeykAXRj4DgBw&ved=0CDQQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=1892%3A%20oceanquake%20%20luminosity&f=false

• Like 1

That is cool!!!!

I imagine moving magma and the friction underneath might be able to cause ground currents? After all we do owe our geomagnetic field to rotating magma right?

So why can't we stick some big rods down in the ground and live off the grid. That would be nice.

• Like 2

So why can't we stick some big rods down in the ground and live off the grid. That would be nice.

We do. 24 Countries have Geothermal plants, the largest being in the US, at The Geysers, a geothermal field in California. Most are very small and do not have a huge impact as yet, but that is just electricity. 70 Countries utilise Geothermal energy for heating.

It is still taking off. Even though ironically, we have been using it for thousands of years, cooking in hot springs and so forth. There is a Maori village setup traditional style in New Zealand, they still cook like that there I believe. They just throw a bag of food on a string into the hot spring.

LINK - 1% of Australia's Geothermal Power Potential = 26,000 Years of Energy

LINK - Google Gets Behind Geothermal, Invests Over $10 Million in Research

geothermal-power-process-080820.jpg

Edited by psyche101

Its unfortunate with power that the more of it to go around the more it costs. Like milk. Or petrol. The day is dawning when you will pull up to the gas pump and it will suck more fuel out of your tank than what you put in. Its lonely at the top. Roll out free energy!

• 4 months later...

I just watched a show on this and this isn't the 1st time this has happened to that City the same thing happened around 70 years before 2004 and still it is unexplained.