Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

People Worship Weeping Tree In California,

Still Waters

A growing number of Catholics in Fresno, California believe that a tree outside St. John’s Cathedral is weeping God’s tears.

“When you say ‘glory be to God in Jesus’ name’ the tree starts throwing out more water,” parishioner Maria Ybarra told KGPE-TV. Ybarra was the first person to feel the drops of liquid, which began falling from the Crape Myrtle tree on Wednesday. As news spread, more and more people gathered under the tree to pray.

http://www.buzzfeed....rs-are-actually

• Like 1

"throwing out more water" Really? Why bother educating people if you're going to ignore what they say?

"May the grace of god shower you with divine insect poop" (in case no one knows, this was sarcasm)

Heh...it's funny but sad at the same time.

• Like 1

Get me tree that gets up out of the ground and throws a car into the next county, then I'll be impressed.

• Like 4

Yeah. An occassional unexplainable "miracle or "sign" is one thing. Never had it happen to me, but I'm OK with the thought.

But when there appears to be a clear scientific explanation, as in this case, I don't get why some people fall for "divine intervention"

• Like 1

But when there appears to be a clear scientific explanation, as in this case, I don't get why some people fall for "divine intervention"

Because it is easier to do that than to accept nature and reality for what it is.

Edited by Ryu
  • Like 1

This adds a new level to the term 'tree-hugger'..

A growing number of Catholics in Fresno, California believe that a tree outside St. John’s Cathedral is weeping God’s tears.

That doesn't surprise me. Catholic Hispanics are the majority in Fresno at 47%, whites 30% and Asian 12%.

I am so disappointed in peoples intelligence right now :no:

• Like 2

As far as I'm concerned, it's as equally valid to worship bug **** as it is to worship a big man in the sky.

I am so disappointed in peoples intelligence right now :no:

I'm not. It is hardly surprising to see a bunch of people on their knees, bawling and praying to a tree that has bugs raining their liquified poop on them and thinking it is god blessing them or giving a "sign".

This is proof of the lengths that people will go to find some sort divinty. To me its proof that organized religion is a farce and that when people cant find the answers they are looking for by going to church they will latch onto anything and believe anything to find that divinty they are looking for. It also tells me that there are many, many, many foolish people out there. A tree crying gods tears come on people, use your heads.

As an agnostic I can NOT stop laughing at this story. I always figured religion was **** but come on...

This is proof of the lengths that people will go to find some sort divinty. To me its proof that organized religion is a farce and that when people cant find the answers they are looking for by going to church they will latch onto anything and believe anything to find that divinty they are looking for. It also tells me that there are many, many, many foolish people out there. A tree crying gods tears come on people, use your heads.

• Like 1

Yeah. An occassional unexplainable "miracle or "sign" is one thing. Never had it happen to me, but I'm OK with the thought.

'Magic' is way cooler!

• Like 2

Organized religion is also a tool used by the deceivers to control the uneducated, the mentally weak and the poor. As long as organized religion has existed, there has been cultural, personal, societal and psychological oppression to force (through distortion of facts, fabrication of lies and natural phenomena attributed to divine powers as miracles) the populace to conform to a certain ideal as the ones in power desire. Behind the two-faced public front of these so-called prophets of organized religion, they indulge and engage in activities the complete opposite of what they preach.

In modern times, this is still happening and will happen as long as uneducated, mentally weak and poor people are deceived by those who would seek to control their lives so that these deceivers would always stay in power and pull the strings of society as if the populace were mere puppets for their pleasure, forever ignorant of the truth behind the wall of deception that the deceived will never see past- a wall built of distorted facts and cemented by lies, hence they will remain as they are beneath the darkened sky while truth lies only a hand's reach away yet untouchable so long as the wall remains standing- so long as the lies continue piling up until the light of truth is blinded from the fogged eyes of the deceived.

Today, organized religion spreads as a pandemic across the entire world. Youth too young to seek the truth on their own are being relentlessly indoctrinated into organized religion by their families, their societies and their governments. They grow up with a distorted view of the nature of the Universe, also wasting precious time in their lives worshipping gods that exist not as divine entities but as monuments to the ego of Man, conduct prayers that would appear to the unblinded as if they were schizophrenics making hallucinatory conversation with themselves, and restricting their lives in pursuit of spiritual and divine nirvana that can never be found. Billions of lives wasted toiling away in mental agony, in perpetual longing for spiritual union with gods that are nothing more than constructs erected to control their feeble minds.

Those of us, Atheists like you and I; we are the unblinded- we see the truth that is beyond the wall of lies built by the false prophets and preachers because we choose to. We chose to learn the truth, to climb that wall of deception unlike the blinded and the faithful who wallow in the pits of unending torment at its very base, yet we climb it as we climb the tower of Babel, not to make contact with god, but to grasp that abundance of truth awaiting us on the other side. And we have grasped it, held it firmly within our hands. We have no veil draped over our eyes, no false prophets stalking our every move waiting to preach another sermon if we do not fall in line, and most importantly of all, we have our freedom.

We have our freedom from mental slavery, from psychological bondage, because we chose to not be ignorant. We chose to be free. Now we must spread the Atheist revolution throughout the seemingly endless ranks of the blinded faithful, convert them to our side through knowledge, education and the key to the path of freedom from organized religion.

That, as Atheists, is our call of duty.

• Like 1

That, as Atheists, is our call of duty.

I don't believe either, but this is the problem with the vast majority of atheists, they preach even more than believers. The fact they think they 'have a duty' is almost pathetic.

• Like 3

I'm normally fairly tolerant of peoples religious tendencies, however this is a bit fruity, and I can't help feel that humanity in some aspects has lost the ability to think logically. Tree sap or even honeydew is nothing new. You can buy honeydew from a supermarket, it's next to the honey for goodness sakes.

as a catholic it makes me embarassed about the stupidity of people. Toast or a window with the outline of the madonna?Give me a break.There MUST be something in the water...no pun intended... Holy aphid pee!!!!

Well, how do we know that God isn't making the tree lice poop more in response to the worshippers' prayers...? :ph34r:

Well that was pretty weird, but not as weird as the Leprechaun tree that was found some years ago in Mobile, Alabama.

[media=]

[/media]

Superstition's bad, mmkay.

• Like 1

This article made me laugh. You gotta love ignorance!

I'm normally fairly tolerant of peoples religious tendencies, however this is a bit fruity, and I can't help feel that humanity in some aspects has lost the ability to think logically. Tree sap or even honeydew is nothing new. You can buy honeydew from a supermarket, it's next to the honey for goodness sakes.

That's fine but what reason do you have to be intolerant of such a harmless thing? It sounds as if you want to put a stop to it. Let them worship a tree. It won't sweep the nation and it could be worse. That said, that's California for you.