Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Area 51 officially acknowledged by CIA

cgowens

Wow, your friend's friend couldn't keep a secret either. That's why conspiracy theories are so hard to believe. There is always someone involved with a big mouth.

This was to Palladin's post about his Navy SEAL's friend.

Edited by MacsMom
  • Like 4

I can't wait for Area 52 to be revealed...

I have a very powerful feeling it's not just a testing ground for aircraft.

Area 51 was the biggest worst-kept secret ever. I love that the govt finally acknowledges the existence of something the general public has known about for years.

they never said it does not exist, the existence of Base Area 51 & its location was never a secret, just what goes inside it, when you search for Area 51, only conspiracy theories appears

and who knows, they maybe gave this documents to redirect us away from the truth :)

Edited by Zerocoder
  • Like 1

It's in Utah

• Like 2

Man what does it take to make a believer out of you people ? Oh ! Oh ! Actual Proof ! Thats the Ticket ! :alien::no:

Area 51 is just what it`s always been a test base for fun new toys the Man can build ! And continues to Build !

If the Walls could speak ! :gun:

• Like 3

It's in Utah

Area 53? ;)

Edited by Junior Chubb

They are all out of Klingon`s and the Man made huggies just dont fit the Little E.T`s :tu::no::alien:

• Like 1

Yeah, "Area 51" was simply a "Cold War" secret test facility for advanced U.S. aircraft.

No "UFO's", just prototype, seriously advanced, military aircraft.

Did you know that there was(is) a secret runway completely underneath the visual tarmac?

Yes, it's true.

Anyway, the reason for that was to thwart spy satellites and such to not gain information on initial thrust, etc... capabilities.

Those secret prototype aircraft has(d) an entire runway underground and simply exited without runway detection, and flew-off for their test flights.

Very cool, huh?

Such is military ingenuity.

Jeez, if I ever here another waste of time story about area 51 I'll shoot my self. There is so much more interesting stuff going on to be talking about within the military and UFO categories than fecking area 51. The only people who are still interested in this place are documentary channels who are losing viewers and are interested in cheating part time UFO fans in to watching their half arsed "documentaries" so they can get some more money from adverts. Let it go and while you are there take Rendelsham and Pheonix with you.

Jeez, if I ever here another waste of time story about area 51 I'll shoot my self. There is so much more interesting stuff going on to be talking about within the military and UFO categories than fecking area 51. The only people who are still interested in this place are documentary channels who are losing viewers and are interested in cheating part time UFO fans in to watching their half arsed "documentaries" so they can get some more money from adverts. Let it go and while you are there take Rendelsham and Pheonix with you.

I'll bet you learned a few things here that you have never heard before.

So there...

Really? Employing that many people? Over such a massively huge site? When was the last 'prototype' released? What have they been doing ever since?

I think this supposition is highly moot.

Question 1a: How many people are employed at Area 51?

Question 1b: How many people is too much or too little to be explained by Groom Lake being a secret testing site for the USAF?

Question 2a: How massive is the Groom Lake site?

Question 2b: How massive is too massive for a site to be too big for a USAF testing site for new aircraft and new technologies?

Answers with specific values would be appreciated.

Edited by JesseCuster
  • Like 1

So much sarcasm in this article. But at least they finally acknowledge the existence of Area 51.

Edited by stevemagegod

Question 1a: How many people are employed at Area 51?

Question 1b: How many people is too much or too little to be explained by Groom Lake being a secret testing site for the USAF?

Question 2a: How massive is the Groom Lake site?

Question 2b: How massive is too massive for a site to be too big for a USAF testing site for new aircraft and new technologies?

Answers with specific values would be appreciated.

I would imagine that some of the answers to your questions are classified.

I would imagine that some of the answers to your questions are classified.

You're probably right, but zoser seems to have these answers and can relate them to why the size of the Groom Lake site or the amount of people employed there do or don't correspond to it being a test site for the USAF.

I'm waiting for him to answer and tell us how many people are employed there and why that is too much for it to be a secret USAF test site. Or what the size of Area 51 is and why that is too big to be a secret USAF site.

I'm not holding my breath waiting for an answer however.

Edited by JesseCuster

If the Dirt out there could talk ! Not even going to get started on the few hundred people that have quite frankly Vanished in the Dark out there !

Must of been the Boogie man ? :gun:

It's always existed as an airbase for experimental aircraft. 8a4.jpg

THAT is the bottom line. It is, or was, a secret USAF test facility, Nothing more. No "aliens", sorry.

Some other countries have similar secret facilities for experimental military aircraft, rockets, etc...

Richelson told CNN he believes this could signal a dramatic change in the government's willingness to declassify information about the famed base, meaning even more information could come out about Area 51 in the future.

Does this mean we might finally find out what happened to Richard Dreyfuss in "close encounters..." after he scooted off with the greys?

• 1 month later...

So now what else can we expect to hear, and what else is not yet to become revealed ? Haven't we waited long enough for the real truth to surface or is that too complicated and already too entangled with lies and deceptions to retrace those steps ? Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive.

Edited by spacelizard667

So now what else can we expect to hear, and what else is not yet to become revealed ?

WRT what?

Haven't we waited long enough for the real truth to surface or is that too complicated and already too entangled with lies and deceptions to retrace those steps?[/size]

Area 51 was a top secret military testing facility. There's a reason why the military had high level security in and around it. Do you understand what top secret means?

​Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive.[/size]

Can you tell us why you think the military kept the facility secret for this long? Even after considering people knew and speculated about the facility since the early 70's?

The US government had to come clean and opened up to the existence of Area 51...when you have Soviet spy satellite photos of the "nonexistent" base, while US citizens are warned to stay away and not enter the base out of threat of guards' gunfire, tell me the citizens' right to know was infringed (and I say it was). Good thing the US government shutdown ended, because their congress' approval rating is a stunningly low 5 percent (yes, single digits). Area 51 is an example of the low trust we have in congress and our government who we elect out of our trust to protect and serve us. The high level of secrecy and shady responses in the past on denying Area 51 existed brings forth suspicious feelings among the public, and to the extent of paranoia in some, Area 51 is a modern myth of top secret extraterrestrial cooperation with our armed forces and scientists/engineers that was proven and vindicated.